Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,408 Members 53,024 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Official Sony ICS 4.1.A.0.562 NCB Generic + ROOT [Update: 15.04.2012]

Tip us?

bbsk2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
dear all

any ARC S user (with ICS) can run "temple run " smooth?

hollow1
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Until today, I still hard to decide whether to update my Arc S from GB to ICS or not. Though I have read several posts and topics on the advantage and performance of ICS, ICS still not yet be rooted unless unlock bootloader. And I don't want to go for that unlock bootloader only to mess up the device.

Still I need some more advice from you all, if possible in simple details around this ICS. As some idea said that ICS use up more RAM and CPU while my device has only 512 RAM and a single core. Also I have many applications and huge games installed, which would make me lazy to reinstall everything from scratch. Moreover, those applications are always up to date.

Thanks for reading my post, and I'm waiting for your all advice.

rashid.fairus
Old
Thanks Meter 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsk2 View Post
dear all

yes it is smooth,but touch control gone crazy

bern4d1
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsk2 View Post
dear all

Install v6 supercharged update 9. It really a big help for ICS on my Arc S.
now my Arc S almost as smooth as GB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollow1 View Post
Until today, I still hard to decide whether to update my Arc S from GB to ICS or not. Though I have read several posts and topics on the advantage and performance of ICS, ICS still not yet be rooted unless unlock bootloader. And I don't want to go for that unlock bootloader only to mess up the device.

Still I need some more advice from you all, if possible in simple details around this ICS. As some idea said that ICS use up more RAM and CPU while my device has only 512 RAM and a single core. Also I have many applications and huge games installed, which would make me lazy to reinstall everything from scratch. Moreover, those applications are always up to date.

Thanks for reading my post, and I'm waiting for your all advice.
Have you tried to root by using the OP method? It's simple.
just extract in a folder and connect your phone and run the RunMe.bat
for the memory management, v6 supercharged really helps.

Rolandh
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Do I need an unlocked Boot Loader and Root to Install or will an unrootd Arc S with locked Boot Loader be able to Install, as I'm itching to get The Official ICS ROM?

Roland
HTC Vox running fireburneds WM6.5 Custom ROM for Vox v3.1

Apple iPod Touch Running iOS 4.2

RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8110 Running BlackBerry OS 4.5.0.187

RIM BlackBerry Curve 8520 Running BlackBerry OS 5.0.0.1036

Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 Running GingerCruzt 1.0.0 revision 5 (2.3.4)

HTC Wildfire S Running Stock HTC Gingerbread 2.3.5

Sony Xperia Arc S Running AOKP Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Build 2

Toshiba Satellite C660-15R Running Windows 8.1 Pro Preview

Nokia Lumia 9.25

bern4d1
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandh View Post
Do I need an unlocked Boot Loader and Root to Install or will an unrootd Arc S with locked Boot Loader be able to Install, as I'm itching to get The Official ICS ROM?

Roland
you can just flash the ftf file with flashtool 7.0 without unlock your bootloader.

Jessie-James
Old
Thanks Meter 378

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashid.fairus View Post
yes it is smooth,but touch control gone crazy
I don't understand why some are getting crazy screen control. My device had that on GB but since ICS update mine is perfect now. Very strange. My thoughts were the screen has been fixed. Also I noticed if you have a screen protector on that can cause the touch sensitivity to go off the rails. If you do try removing the protector and see if that helps.
Regards

Sent from my LT18i using xda premium
My Phones- Xperia X10i, RAY, ARC S, Play****SOON****, Nexus S and more

MY FACEBOOK INSIDE XPERIA 2.0 PORT MY EXACT THREAD LINKED IN THERE

2.3.4 SWIPE KB PORT

Nocturnal Series ROM [Nocturnal Link]

My Website http://www.nocturnal-roms.co.uk

ROM:Nocturnal_1.4.2_REVOLUTION KERNEL: DK v5

IF I HELPED IN ANYWAY HIT THE THANKS BUTTON.

If you enjoy my work then Please consider a little DONATION for a coffee or a beer

doomed151
Old
Thanks Meter 2,076
You're using an arc S, maybe only arc users are affected (like me)?
If I don't reply to your PM, it simply means that I've nothing useful to say.

Rolandh
Old
(Last edited by Rolandh; 18th April 2012 at 08:01 AM.)
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by bern4d1 View Post
you can just flash the ftf file with flashtool 7.0 without unlock your bootloader.
Ok, sot the ftf file and Flashtool acts like the Installer packages that you can download and install for HTC headsets?

Roland

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWahba View Post
Guys!

I flashed the ROM and it worked like a charm, with no errors while flashing or what so ever.

I have:
Xperia Arc S LT18i
Locked bootloader
Unrooted

BTW: This is my first flashing experience EVER! I'm a noob and never tried those thing before.. I just couldn't resist the temptation of ICS and could't wait any-more.

IT"S VERY EASY!

Here are the steps precisely (I followed the steps from http://www.xperiablog.net/2012/04/15...ria-arc-guide/ )
And they are as the following:

Downloaded the ROM from: (they are 2 parts)
http://www.mediafire.com/?c3iklzhze6tlr11
http://www.mediafire.com/?rv37jysrbl1rg6a

Note: This whole thing does not require you to root your handset and it does not require you to unlock your bootloader.

1) Install drivers for the Xperia arc
The very first step is to make sure that your PC has all of the necessary drivers installed for the Sony Xperia arc. The best way to do this is to install PC Companion or Sony Ericsson Update Service (SEUS). Make sure you connect the Xperia arc to the PC before starting the process to download the necessary USB and ADB drivers. If you have any problems you will find the necessary drivers once you have installed Flashtool in the following location: ‘C:\Flashtool\drivers’.

2) Switch on USB debugging on your handset
Switch on the debugging option on your Xperia arc. Go to Menu –> Settings –> Applications –> Development –> Tick ‘USB debugging’

Also tick ‘Unknown sources’ under Menu –> Settings –> Applications

3) Install Flashtool 0.7.0.0
You must ensure you install Flashtool version 0.7.0.0 for this process to work. The older versions of Flashtool do not have the command to handle the new ICS partition resizes.

As the official Flashtool site is currently not allowing a download of the necessary file, you can download it from our mirror here. The zip package includes two files: 1) Flashtool 0.6.9.1 and 2) an update zip file.

a. Install the ‘flashtool-0.6.9.1-windows’ application.
b. Once complete, unzip the ‘update’ file. Move and replace all contents of the zip file to C:\Flashtool.
c. Once you have done this, launch Flashtool. The log window should show that you are using ‘Flashtool Version 0.7.0.0 built on 2012-04-14 11:34:01′. To make sure of this you can always go into Help > About to see what version you are using.

4) Download the Generic Nordic ICS Xperia arc S firmware
Download the Generic Nordic ICS Xperia arc S firmware from here (377MB). This is firmware version 4.1.A.0.562 which will update your phone to Android 4.0.3.
OR, in case the download is slow, you can go from here (as described above):
http://www.mediafire.com/?c3iklzhze6tlr11
http://www.mediafire.com/?rv37jysrbl1rg6a

A note of warning: Some browsers like Opera will rename the extension of this FTF file as a zip file when trying to download it. Make sure that the downloaded file has a .ftf extension rather than .zip.

5) Place firmware in correct location on your PC
Place the FTF file in the C:\Flashtool\firmwares folder.

6) Launch Flashtool
Open the Flashtool application on your PC. Click on the lightning bolt symbol. Select Flashmode and click OK.

7) Select firmware
Select the correct firmware in the left column (LT18_4.1.A.0.562_NCB). Check the boxes (‘Wipe User Data’, ‘Wipe Cache’ and ‘No Final Verification Check’ all need to be ticked).

8 ) Connect Xperia arc to PC
Turn your phone off. Press and hold the back key while plugging the USB cable into your Xperia arc.

9) Flashing process will start
The flashing process should now start. Once you see the “Flashing finished” message in Flashtool, remove your handset from the PC and wait until the phone reboots (this may take some time so don’t panic).

10) Your Xperia arc should now be running ICS
Congratulations, your Sony Xperia arc should now be running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich!

That's it, guys!
Thanks for posting this very useful walkthrough on how to flash the ICS Update. I've flashed before but on the old X8 and my Wildfire S always ad updates OTA.

Roland
HTC Vox running fireburneds WM6.5 Custom ROM for Vox v3.1

Apple iPod Touch Running iOS 4.2

RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8110 Running BlackBerry OS 4.5.0.187

RIM BlackBerry Curve 8520 Running BlackBerry OS 5.0.0.1036

Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 Running GingerCruzt 1.0.0 revision 5 (2.3.4)

HTC Wildfire S Running Stock HTC Gingerbread 2.3.5

Sony Xperia Arc S Running AOKP Jelly Bean 4.1.1 Build 2

Toshiba Satellite C660-15R Running Windows 8.1 Pro Preview

Nokia Lumia 9.25

itsmyname
Old
Thanks Meter 6
How do I update to this on a rooted but BL locked device, without losing any of my files and keeping root?