[Q] Blocked at the ‘YouTube Sign-In’ Dialog Box
I cannot believe I’m the only one with this problem but I see nothing about this in the forums.
: After successfully booting with TouchNooter 2.1.31, after logging into both YouTube and Gmail, after seeing my Gmail and seeing the Market options 24 hours later, I realized I needed access to a different Gmail address. I registered Gmail #2 with B&N then repeated the rooting process but now I cannot log into YouTube from the Nook. I can, however, log into YouTube from the PC.
: Could Google’s Two-Step Verification prevent logging into YouTube from the Nook? Could updating the firmware (from 1.1.0 to 1.1.2) before re
registering the device be a factor?
: (I’ve repeated this cycle three times)
• restore the Nook’s original ROM from the image made following jocala’s instructions
• see the “Welcome to Your All New Nook” screen.
• register the N2E with the B&N account which uses Gmail #2
• decline to give a credit card number
• delete the partitions from the SD card using Mini Partition Manager
• burn new TouchNooter 2.1.31 image to SD card. Follow all TouchNooter instructions
• boot Nook with TouchNooter . Screen ‘turns’ black but does not ‘flash’ black. Remove SD card. Reboot.
• launch YouTube from ADW Launcher.
• Fail YouTube login. “The username or password isn’t valid. A YouTube account is required. Please try again.”
• use NookColorTools/Manage Applications to clear the YouTube cache.
• Fail Youtube login. “The username or password isn’t valid. A YouTube account is required. Please try again.”
I updated the Nook (from 1.1.0 to 1.1.2.) before making an image of the ROM.
Talked to B&N. Verified the B&N account (using Gmail #1) is deleted.
Performed an “Erase and Deregister” from the stock state.
Performed an “Erase and Deregister” from the TouchNooter state (a bad idea).
Can anyone tell me why I am stopped dead at the YouTube sign-in dialog box?