[Hard/Soft Reset] How To Guide
Motorola FLIPSIDE MB508 hard reset
To perform a Factory Data Reset
1. Open the Applications Tray¬
2. Touch Settings
3. Scroll down and touch Privacy
4. Scroll down and touch Factory Data Reset¬
5. Touch Reset Phone
If you are unable to navigate through the menu to perform a factory data reset, you can follow the steps outlined below:
1. Power off your phone
2. On the hardware keyboard
3. Hold the X key and then hold the power button
4. When you see the Moto symbol you can release the power key
5. Hold the X key until you see a triangle with an exclamation point
6. Press the key labeled Fn (lower left corner of the keyboard in landscape, upper left in portrait) and the T key at the same time
7. You will now see a menu on the screen
8. Use the hardware keyboard cursor keys (lower left in portrait mode) to move the blue highlight to the various selections. You want to highlight "wipe data/factory reset"
9. Press the return key (to the right of the OK key with the phone in portrait mode) on the hardware keyboard to select the option that is highlighted.
10. Use the cursor keys to highlight YES from the next menu.
11. Press the return key to complete the selection
12. The phone will begin to reset. WAIT until it says it is complete
13. When it is complete you will see the the menu again, select "Reboot system now" with the cursor keys
14. Press the return key to reboot the phone.