Thanks Meter: 4,323

8,050 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasha_Daredevil

hey!!
i have a micromax A60!!
Android 2.1 update 1!!
i was trying to delete the google account so i checked a video on the internet which said go to "Root Explorer / system / framework select write only" and after that to rename one file "framework-res.apk to framework-res.apk.bak" Instead of bak i by mistake typed dak!!
and now my phone is stuck its not even starting so that i could restore the factory settings neither i can connect it to the pc..
Even hard reset is not working i can only see the micromax logo thats it!!
what to do plz help!!

OK, I'll try but this is not really the right forum. I've not heard of this phone before but if you can adb in you can probably fix it. The phone might also have a way of flashing it so it can be reverted to stock. Factory reset won't help here. Is there a way to even get in recovery?

Here's how you'd try to fix it:

1. Download and setup adb on your computer.
2. Open a command window and type adb devices, you should get some device name returned.
3. Then type the following:
Code:
adb shell
busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
cp /system/framework-res.apk.dak /system/framework-res.apk
chmod 644 /system/framework/framework-res.apk
4. Reboot

If step 2 or 3 fails try the micromax forums. I just wanted to try to assist because you searched for the related issue and ended up here. Also, that advice given was bad advice to rename a critical system file.

And OP, were you able to get your root issue fixed? Ice Cream Sense, Stock+ and Touch of Blue are good stock-ish ROMs.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread