Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,702 Members 45,573 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ICS] should they stop working on it

Tip us?

tammerlane
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I was thinking about this too, but not because of any functionality limitations - they will get those worked out - but more because most people who have evos are nearing the end of their contracts, or are already out, and I assume are waiting for the evo lte to be released. With that it seems like dev work on the evo would be at a dead end. But, I see at least two flaws in that thought: 1) devs do what devs do for the challenge, and through that, the education. 2) the evo has been popular for so long, its going to remain so for awhile longer. I'll be keeping mine as a backup, and if I can have a fully functional ics when it happens, rock on. So, I agree with those saying development should continue, its got a lot of life left in it.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

alaman68
Old
Thanks Meter 859
I'm so happy Steve Kondik and many others don't share the OP's view.

ProCision
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Swiperat's MIUI _ ICS is top of the line. Works great. and if your not going to try it because FFC doesn't work is just lame. Who uses the FFC any way?
  • Android Devices
  • OGEvO4g - Rooted - AOKP - TWRP
  • Evo 4g Lte - Pac-Man - Rooted - TWRP
  • Nook Tablet - JellyBean - CWM
  • Samsung Note 2 - ParanoidAndroid - Philz
  • Samsung Nexus 10 - TWRP - Unlocked and Rooted
  • Nabi2 - rooted - Gapps - TWRP
  • Nexus 7 (2013) Stock

tammerlane
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Well, one of the features of ics is facial recognition unlock. And that uses the front facing camera.

oodork123
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 259
Sometime this month pspunderground is gonna update it to 4.0.4

that stoner works at circle k

KommodoreHeinz
Old
Thanks Meter 276

DONATE TO ME
For me ateast I dont mind not having a FFC. I just nand back when I need it.

Still no drama just truth.

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-
Old
Thanks Meter 3,495

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tammerlane View Post
Well, one of the features of ics is facial recognition unlock. And that uses the front facing camera.

You also realize face unlock is NOT secure right? All u need is a good face photo of the person whose phone it is and it will unlock, the ffc can't tell the difference between a 2d and 3d image therefore all u need is an image of their face, and yes it works I've unlocked my dads gNote with a pic of him on the screen of my et4g he quickly returned to his pattern unlock

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

tammerlane
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by -EViL-KoNCEPTz- View Post
You also realize face unlock is NOT secure right? All u need is a good face photo of the person whose phone it is and it will unlock, the ffc can't tell the difference between a 2d and 3d image therefore all u need is an image of their face, and yes it works I've unlocked my dads gNote with a pic of him on the screen of my et4g he quickly returned to his pattern unlock

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
Yeah, I know. The question wasn't security though, it was what's the big deal with not having the front facing camera. In general, there's probably no big deal in not having it. I was simply pointing out that one of the new features Google added was the face recognized unlock. Sammy (I think) is tweaking the software to require a blink from a face before it unlocks, so the picture method wont work then.

kendotelie
Old
Thanks Meter 84
im somewhat with the OP in regards to ICS still lacking major features, but aside from that I want development to continue. I 'm no where near the end of my contract. I'm still 380+ days from a $150 discount. I wont go near an ICS rom because of a somewhat OCD i have with phones. I like the option of having every feature available to me, no matter how much i use it. So no 4G yet? No FFC yet? No ICS staying on my EVO! GB is for me!
I'm waiting for it to get there though.
The Following User Says Thank You to kendotelie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ben.nesheim
Old
Thanks Meter 202
To comment on the eol that is coming up the evo has good specs to where my 32 gb sd card will make my evo a ipod touch killer lol

And with grooveip a great voip phone

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Stock/
Samsung Galaxy S 4 SGH-I337 4.4.2 GPE
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked GSM) - PA 4.3+leanKernel
HTC EVO 4G - Retired still works actually!
Blackberry Bold 9650
Blackberry Tour 9630
iPhone 3GS
HTC Hero
Blackberry Curve 8330m
wow....ok im gonna stop Lolz