[Q] purplish screen

Search This thread

johnnybrav0

Jun 2, 2009
dial ##634# and than run the screen test. IF the color looks right than you pass if not fail and return.

trakman

Feb 20, 2008
UPDATE!!!

So, after reading the responses from my original post. I went down to the ATT store where I got my replacement Lumia 900 updated version for a low volume mic and they told me that the screen was normal after three reps inspected it and compared it to other Lumia 900's in the store that were not purple. They said that it could be because of the software update. I told them that my original phone did not turn purple in low lighting and others that have updated the software did not turn purple as well, but the still did not approve the replacement.

So, I went to another ATT store and told them about my purple screen and did not mention anything about the software update and they compared it to other lumia 900's in the store and approve my exchange. So, dont mention anything about software. There is definately something wrong with the screen. My new 900 does not have a purple screen.

Last edited:

tewmgd

Feb 26, 2006
Montreal, QC
Just get Rogers Support on the phone and they flag my device to be replaced. So I'm going to get a new one next week when stores have them in stock again.

riffraffer

Apr 13, 2012
I have this issue on an updated phone, too. Think I'll wait a bit before I swap my phone out--but it is annoying.

Ames

Sep 3, 2007
I also have this issue on my Rogers phone.

On medium and high brightness, grey is grey. On low brightness, grey is distinctly purple.

Should I bother taking it in or are they all like that?

evilhomer

Sep 30, 2005
Purple screen AT&T

I picked up a Lumia 900 yesterday on AT&T and have the same purple screen issue reported here. it seems go go away on manual brightness at medium level. The unit I exchanged this for would not even boot past the carrier logo screen. Very disappointed in Nokia's showing here and, coupled with its data issues at launch, it's lack of QC on this product. The large amount of negative feedback on the 800's hardware and software issues seem to be mirrored here with the 900.

trueblog

Apr 11, 2012
Us Canadians are very unlucky .. April 16th is done and still no update ... who is going to worry about Purple screen

lovenokia

Sep 1, 2011
Last edited by a moderator:

JMackey

Nov 15, 2010
Victoria
I hate you!!!!! you dont have that gay att logo which makes the phone looks hundreds of times uglier, ps i would love to trade phones with you but...

Lol.

Neither the Lumia 900 or the Samsung Focus were physically branded by Rogers. Its quite nice.

The Lumia 900 does have a Rogers boot screen though... I'm pretty sure that adds seconds onto the booting process...

wrxdrunkie

Nov 14, 2008
I just got a replacement Lumia today and noticed the purple hue whenever the phone is on low brightness. It feels like a software bug to be honest. But it still sucks. First I had a headphone jack/freezing issue, now my screen turns purple at times.

go0gle

Mar 15, 2010
Santa Cruz, CA
They had a similar problem with some N8 phones, but as far as I know after couple of software updates it was gone. I doubt that this is a similar issue.. that would be strange considering the different software platforms, but in both cases its purple..

Attachments

• IMG_0928.JPG
    IMG_0928.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 122

wrxdrunkie

Nov 14, 2008
Mind pointing that out? At first I was convinced it was a software bug but then after looking up nokia purple tint it seems like its a hardware issue that was never solved. Customers are left having to go to the repair center or with Nokia telling them it's normal.

wrxdrunkie

Nov 14, 2008
Well guys I just got back from the AT&T store. The replacement Lumia I received yesterday had the purple tint issue and both replacements I got today had the issue. I left with my original phone thinking it might be a software issue. None of the Lumias in the store had this issue though.

Jeeverz

Jan 15, 2010
Red Deer
Yup, I have a Rogers Lumia 900 and I have the purple tint issue on low light.. I noticed it but it hasn't really bothered me so meh, I am just going to keep it.

kwill

Jun 15, 2006
Austin, TX
Yeah, just returned my Cyan for the white one and I have the purplish tint also when it's on low light. Definitely didn't have this problem on my Cyan one. And I hope they can fix it with a software update.

Top Liked Posts