Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,846 Members 40,183 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC titan Android?

Tip us?

foxbat121
Old
(Last edited by foxbat121; 21st April 2012 at 07:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 198
It is possible. You just need get all the drivers and know how to pack an Android ROM based on an old hardware like Nexus One. Sensation XL ROM won't help because the internal chipsets are totally different (they are newer dual-core variant). Titan contains similar hardware capability like Nexus One. So a modern Android OS like Gingerbread or ICS will run like crap on it (I knew this because my Galaxy S2 running 1.2G Dual core with 1GB RAM can't even run as smooth as the Titan runing WP7). Hence no one in their right mind will waste their time to create a Titan Android ROM unless you want to do it yourself.

It is possible but not probable. If you want Android experience, buy an Android phone.

TheDutchmaster
Old
(Last edited by TheDutchmaster; 22nd April 2012 at 03:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamescan View Post
No, it is not.

The site you're linking to is talking about the original HTC Titan which was the code name for a CDMA Windows Mobile 6.x device on Sprint and Verizon is the US.

Don't confuse code names with retail product names.
omg it was late @ night and was searching for the same since i was considering to buy the htc titan ..

so this is not possible to put android on this phone ?

nevermind what i said here

@ foxbat when i have the device i am going to attempt to built a rom for it , just for fun "

gamescan
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDutchmaster View Post
omg it was late @ night and was searching for the same since i was considering to buy the htc titan ..

so this is not possible to put android on this phone ?

nevermind what i said here

@ foxbat when i have the device i am going to attempt to built a rom for it , just for fun "
Nope, not possible at this time. If you want to write a new bootloader, maybe you'll be able to pull it off.

tai4de2
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I seriously hope that this is never ever not ever can never be never possible.

Guess I'm just getting tired of the Android crowd continually asking this about every single device in existence. OK! Android can be installed on a variety of devices! We get it already!

Chirx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tai4de2 View Post
I seriously hope that this is never ever not ever can never be never possible.

Guess I'm just getting tired of the Android crowd continually asking this about every single device in existence. OK! Android can be installed on a variety of devices! We get it already!
just because android is more smart than WP7
i got tired form the GPS don't give me the shorter route with traffic.
when i search oakland airport
it show oakland airport INN and GAS station
I need to go to f###ing airport
I'm so disappointed for my WP7

foxbat121
Old
Thanks Meter 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chirx View Post
just because android is more smart than WP7
i got tired form the GPS don't give me the shorter route with traffic.
when i search oakland airport
it show oakland airport INN and GAS station
I need to go to f###ing airport
I'm so disappointed for my WP7
GPS has nothing to do with mobile OS. It's an app. Try a different GPS app on your WP7.

On the other hand, my super dupper Dual-core Samsung Galaxy S2 with 1 GB RAM can never match any of my WP7 phones with signal core and 512MB RAM for the smoothness of UI.

Google's free services (including Nav) are the only good things about Android. The rest of OS is just junk.

Luda.Kuja76
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Cool htc titan x310e aka HTC Eternity, HTC Bunyip, HTC Ultimate

hello,

Q: "Is it possible to install android on HTC Eternity, HTC Bunyip, HTC Ultimate=> HTC Titan x310e is the name of that smartphone in Croatia!? and if its possible where to look for the ROM!?".

i hope someone can help me on this forum, since i cant find answer anywhere, through websearches alway pops up some other shartphone or ROM.

thanks in advance!

tooly26
Old
Thanks Meter 35
no man...its not possible to install android on htc titan/eternity....but its possible to sell your phone with wp7 and buy a android phone!!!!!
smartphones are not so expensive anymore....no android port...not today..not tomorrow...and i think it will be never!

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express

nullkill
Old
Thanks Meter 359
Thanks for the laugh guys! I've been around since well Windows Mobile 6.0. I had/have a Sensation and a Skyrocket (Galaxy SII). I've been over to the dark side for god 2 years now! Just got a free Titan II and decided I would leave my sim card in it for a couple months since it's got the LTE radio. So far I'm liking it. Really liking it.

Now to just break MS security unlock the boot loader and Nand write some custom loader oh wait I KNOW I'll port over clockwork mod. Then I will round up all the drivers modify them if needed and compile a android build. Might as well start with ICS since it's the newest. So in a year or two I should be done and have android running on this mofo at least half as well as it ran on my HD2 :))~

z33dev33l
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbat121 View Post
It is possible. You just need get all the drivers and know how to pack an Android ROM based on an old hardware like Nexus One. Sensation XL ROM won't help because the internal chipsets are totally different (they are newer dual-core variant). Titan contains similar hardware capability like Nexus One. So a modern Android OS like Gingerbread or ICS will run like crap on it (I knew this because my Galaxy S2 running 1.2G Dual core with 1GB RAM can't even run as smooth as the Titan runing WP7). Hence no one in their right mind will waste their time to create a Titan Android ROM unless you want to do it yourself.

It is possible but not probable. If you want Android experience, buy an Android phone.
You are wrong in many ways here.

Nokia/WP7: Unmatched Quality.