[Bootloader Bypass] Kexec for Motorola RAZR by kholk & [mbm]

OP kholk

15th April 2012, 12:54 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 194

1,975 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewhashish

yes but when you unlock the bootloader i think it disables WiiMax, so you lose 4G

it doesnt affect me because I live in EU and my phone does not support 4G
15th April 2012, 02:24 PM   |  #32  
Flag Auckland, EnZed
Thanks Meter: 270

883 posts
More
Thank you, Kholk, and everyone else involved. Having a tinker at the moment, running surprisingly smoothly for a single core (When set to ondemand, at least). Can only get better from here.

So, who wants to try tweaking the display drivers to make the screen less yellow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewhashish

yes but when you unlock the bootloader i think it disables WiiMax, so you lose 4G

That's only for the Photon, specifically due to the way Wiimax authentication works. Nothing to do with LTE or any other phone (with any other variety of '4G').

Sent from my Motorola Electrify
15th April 2012, 04:21 PM   |  #33  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Torino
Thanks Meter: 3,803

2,247 posts
Donate to Me
More
Happy it worked for you all!

About the display, yeah on driver level there's something that can be done, but well, for now, you can use an app that you can find easily on the play store that will do the job.
Not only "one app" .. there are a lot of apps that can do what you want
15th April 2012, 04:40 PM   |  #34  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 116

863 posts
More
@kholk
I only hope that you will get the second core running ;)

Sent from a phone with a locked bootloader....
15th April 2012, 05:52 PM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 194

1,975 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarawoe

@kholk
I only hope that you will get the second core running ;)

Sent from a phone with a locked bootloader....

Well that is the million dollar question, will we ever see both cores running? Rumours is saying that we wont see both cores
15th April 2012, 08:57 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 18

315 posts
More
Now that the source is released, anyone can work on it, I have hope that the second core will eventually come online

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

I've done all the steps, made sure there are no 'on boot' settings enabled, booted into BP Tools and ran the script from terminal... The phone runs the script and vibrates, but just sits at the terminal frozen.. and I have to manually turn off the phone with the buttons.. Does this not work with Arctic ROM? I have no problem flashing back to stop LATAM BR fastboot
15th April 2012, 09:42 PM   |  #37  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 66

252 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortify1

Now that the source is released, anyone can work on it, I have hope that the second core will eventually come online

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

I've done all the steps, made sure there are no 'on boot' settings enabled, booted into BP Tools and ran the script from terminal... The phone runs the script and vibrates, but just sits at the terminal frozen.. and I have to manually turn off the phone with the buttons.. Does this not work with Arctic ROM? I have no problem flashing back to stop LATAM BR fastboot

honestly dont waste your time if u have lot of time do sports shopping etc ( feel lazy watch a movie ). lol hahah
i tried it on 4 razrs ( with all the North american Latam Roms ) and also with Asia nandroid , European and it didnt work it freez for hours i left one of my phones after more than 20 attempts freezed all night and nothing...
do ur search online also other Latam version are having same issue.

Only 1 pers claim its working without showing any proof...
15th April 2012, 11:02 PM   |  #38  
Flag Cordoba
Thanks Meter: 167

405 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorgo1982

honestly dont waste your time if u have lot of time do sports shopping etc ( feel lazy watch a movie ). lol hahah
i tried it on 4 razrs ( with all the North american Latam Roms ) and also with Asia nandroid , European and it didnt work it freez for hours i left one of my phones after more than 20 attempts freezed all night and nothing...
do ur search online also other Latam version are having same issue.

Only 1 pers claim its working without showing any proof...

Thanks god im not the only one with this problem.
Same on latam phone on any stock rom.

Enviado desde mi XT910 usando Tapatalk 2
16th April 2012, 12:11 AM   |  #39  
Thanks Meter: 438

504 posts
Hell yeah Kholk...i am on Cdma.. i will wait since i am building...hope to work with u on a nice kernal for MIUI
=)
The Following User Says Thank You to skiwong20 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2012, 02:19 AM   |  #40  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 66

252 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leisures

Thanks god im not the only one with this problem.
Same on latam phone on any stock rom.

Enviado desde mi XT910 usando Tapatalk 2

Lets hope that Kholk & [mbm] will work to fix it soon or otherwise its another few months...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread