Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,344 Members 46,510 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Bootloader Bypass] Kexec for Motorola RAZR by kholk & [mbm]

Tip us?

romdroid.
Old
Thanks Meter 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by dewhashish View Post
yes but when you unlock the bootloader i think it disables WiiMax, so you lose 4G
it doesnt affect me because I live in EU and my phone does not support 4G

onslaught86
Old
Thanks Meter 262
Thank you, Kholk, and everyone else involved. Having a tinker at the moment, running surprisingly smoothly for a single core (When set to ondemand, at least). Can only get better from here.

So, who wants to try tweaking the display drivers to make the screen less yellow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewhashish View Post
yes but when you unlock the bootloader i think it disables WiiMax, so you lose 4G
That's only for the Photon, specifically due to the way Wiimax authentication works. Nothing to do with LTE or any other phone (with any other variety of '4G').

Sent from my Motorola Electrify
- onslaught86

Visit scenic AndroidNZ.net for news, reviews, and how-to's

HTC Apache PPC6700=>HTC Titan PPC6800=>Samsung Omnia i900=>TMOUS HTC HD2=>Galaxy S Vibrant=>Galaxy S i9000=>Galaxy S II i9100=>Motorola RAZR XT910=>Motorola Electrify=>Galaxy S III i9300=>Galaxy Note II N7100=>Galaxy Note 3 N9005

kholk
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 3799

DONATE TO ME
Happy it worked for you all!

About the display, yeah on driver level there's something that can be done, but well, for now, you can use an app that you can find easily on the play store that will do the job.
Not only "one app" .. there are a lot of apps that can do what you want

maarawoe
Old
Thanks Meter 116
@kholk
I only hope that you will get the second core running ;)

Sent from a phone with a locked bootloader....
HTC One (ex XT910 D-WIZ), Nexus 7 Parandroid +Franco...
Why not to say thanks if you like this post? Hm?

romdroid.
Old
Thanks Meter 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarawoe View Post
@kholk
I only hope that you will get the second core running ;)

Sent from a phone with a locked bootloader....
Well that is the million dollar question, will we ever see both cores running? Rumours is saying that we wont see both cores

Mortify1
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Now that the source is released, anyone can work on it, I have hope that the second core will eventually come online

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

I've done all the steps, made sure there are no 'on boot' settings enabled, booted into BP Tools and ran the script from terminal... The phone runs the script and vibrates, but just sits at the terminal frozen.. and I have to manually turn off the phone with the buttons.. Does this not work with Arctic ROM? I have no problem flashing back to stop LATAM BR fastboot
Galaxy S2 X
Rooted

Running synergy kernel

Yorgo1982
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortify1 View Post
Now that the source is released, anyone can work on it, I have hope that the second core will eventually come online

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 PM ----------

I've done all the steps, made sure there are no 'on boot' settings enabled, booted into BP Tools and ran the script from terminal... The phone runs the script and vibrates, but just sits at the terminal frozen.. and I have to manually turn off the phone with the buttons.. Does this not work with Arctic ROM? I have no problem flashing back to stop LATAM BR fastboot
honestly dont waste your time if u have lot of time do sports shopping etc ( feel lazy watch a movie ). lol hahah
i tried it on 4 razrs ( with all the North american Latam Roms ) and also with Asia nandroid , European and it didnt work it freez for hours i left one of my phones after more than 20 attempts freezed all night and nothing...
do ur search online also other Latam version are having same issue.

Only 1 pers claim its working without showing any proof...

leisures
Old
Thanks Meter 167

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorgo1982 View Post
honestly dont waste your time if u have lot of time do sports shopping etc ( feel lazy watch a movie ). lol hahah
i tried it on 4 razrs ( with all the North american Latam Roms ) and also with Asia nandroid , European and it didnt work it freez for hours i left one of my phones after more than 20 attempts freezed all night and nothing...
do ur search online also other Latam version are having same issue.

Only 1 pers claim its working without showing any proof...
Thanks god im not the only one with this problem.
Same on latam phone on any stock rom.

Enviado desde mi XT910 usando Tapatalk 2

skiwong20
Old
Thanks Meter 341
Hell yeah Kholk...i am on Cdma.. i will wait since i am building...hope to work with u on a nice kernal for MIUI
=)
The Following User Says Thank You to skiwong20 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Yorgo1982
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by leisures View Post
Thanks god im not the only one with this problem.
Same on latam phone on any stock rom.

Enviado desde mi XT910 usando Tapatalk 2
Lets hope that Kholk & [mbm] will work to fix it soon or otherwise its another few months...