FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 gt-p3113 root

1,938 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,180

By TONY6669, Recognized Themer on 14th April 2012, 07:41 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
1st May 2012, 12:27 AM |#171  
Thanks Meter: 38

Donate to Me
More
I'm officially rooted now. Ended up installing Win7 on my iMac via Bootcamp... but after that it was easy.

1st May 2012, 12:36 AM |#172  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Your amazing thank you so much

Sent from my VS910 4G using XDA
1st May 2012, 12:49 AM |#173  
Flag Rochester
Thanks Meter: 234

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajr901

I was able to fix it easily. I found someone online who had an identical Galaxy Tab 2 and had them make a nandroid backup (after they did a factory reset so that I wouldn't have any of their private data) and send me the backup files over dropbox. I got an md5 mismatch error when I tried restoring but it was simple to fix after some googling and then the restore went fine. Now I have no problems with the galaxy tab 2. Also now the kernel is (@SEP-66 #1) instead of (@SEP-103 #1 which was causing the problem.)

Thank you for all that helped.

I am glad its working for you now.

sent from my galaxy tab 2
1st May 2012, 02:06 AM |#174  
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Quote:

Also now the kernel is (@SEP-66 #1) instead of (@SEP-103 #1

My kernel is 99 #1, is that bad?
1st May 2012, 02:09 AM |#175  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Smile CWM
Quote:

I was able to fix it easily. I found someone online who had an identical Galaxy Tab 2 and had them make a nandroid backup (after they did a factory reset so that I wouldn't have any of their private data) and send me the backup files over dropbox. I got an md5 mismatch error when I tried restoring but it was simple to fix after some googling and then the restore went fine. Now I have no problems with the galaxy tab 2. Also now the kernel is (@SEP-66 #1) instead of (@SEP-103 #1 which was causing the problem.)

Thank you for all that helped.

So just a CWM restore brought your system to stock to include the kernel? Nothing else?

Thanks

Luis
1st May 2012, 02:09 AM |#176  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Rooted in no time at all. Thanks for the easy instructions!
1st May 2012, 02:30 AM |#177  
Thanks Meter: 38

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bark777

I'm also on 99 #1...
1st May 2012, 03:41 AM |#178  
Flag Tampa, FL
Thanks Meter: 47

Donate to Me
More
I am rooted also, thanks. I did discover that while working on the Tablet I saved the zip file (by default) at: /mnt/sdcard in download. When I went to flash the zip file, it is was not there.. After rebooting, I found that CWM was looking at: /mnt/extSdcard/download.. Which directory is the correct one and how do I make sure everything uses just one.?

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2
1st May 2012, 09:24 AM |#179  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
ANyone have a stock rom image? I bricked mine by using a DPI changer! The Samsung Galaxy 2 7.0 logo come up then to black & stuck. I can boot into CWR but does no good as I don't have a backup

I also tried editing the build.prop back to 160 from 180 dpi through ADB but it won't let me write the changes back to the tab as I can't change it to rw! ((

HELP!
Last edited by elcidroyale; 1st May 2012 at 10:58 AM.
1st May 2012, 01:30 PM |#180  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Stock Images
Jcase has made two stock images available in a nice zip packaged as an update. Includes stock kernel, system and recovery. Check out rootz. I have a stock rooted backup I can share with you which I made after a factory restore so no personal data is on it. It is for IML74K.P3113UEALCB. Do not use it on IML74K-P3113UEALD3.

Luis
Last edited by baezl; 1st May 2012 at 01:34 PM.
1st May 2012, 02:51 PM |#181  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 24

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Highly doubt it. I think there are a few Kernels out there that work fine for the Galaxy Tab 2. This is what happened with me: I followed the first rooting guide that came out that involved flashing with Heimdall. Some other people also followed it and had problems identical to mine. I found these people over at the Rootz forum in the thread about the root. One of them couldn't deal with the fact that his GTab2 was bugging out so he took a trip over to wallmart and exchanged it for another one. I asked him what his model number was and it was my same model (GT-P3113). So I helped go through the new root using CWM. Once he was rooted he confirmed that he wasn't having any issues this time around so I asked him if he could do a factory reset to get rid of any personal data, and immediately after make a nandroid backup. He sent me that nandroid backup and I restored from it without a hassle. I'm fairly certain that before I ever rooted my GTab2 it was stock on kernel version 99 #1. After I rooted, I ended up on Kernel version 103 #1. After I restored from the nandroid backup I was provided, I ended up on kernel version 66 #1. So I wouldn't really know to be honest with you but from experience so far the kernel just has to come from a tab with the same model number.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by baezl

Jcase has made two stock images available in a nice zip packaged as an update. Includes stock kernel, system and recovery. Check out rootz. I have a stock rooted backup I can share with you which I made after a factory restore so no personal data is on it. It is for IML74K.P3113UEALCB. Do not use it on IML74K-P3113UEALD3.

Luis

Do you think maybe you can link us over to the thread or the post where this stock rom is? I swear I looked all over JCase's profile and there's sooooo many posts and threads that I couldn't find it. For now I really don't need the stock rom and kernel since mine is working fine, but just in case I might need it in the future I'd like to have it around.

Thank you,
-AJ

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread