XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung T-499 (T-Mobile Dart)

Tip us?

ShawnnKushh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Samsung T-499 (T-Mobile Dart)

The T-mobile Dart is a re-branded version of the Samsung Galaxy Mini, which has a working root with superoneclick, and clockworkmod, but the community hasnt offered very much for this phone when it comes to custom ROMs. the galaxy mini roms are not cross compatible but i feel like the could be ported over without to much work put into the mix. I wanted to start this thread to see if i could bring together some of our Dart users to try and create our own little category of roms for this phone. As of right now i know there is a semi-stable version of CM 7.1 for the dart with only a few issues (located here) but thats about it. my hope is that the ICS that is being ported to the mini could be adapted to our dart.

just for reference to install CWM you can visit this page for information on how to do that.

lets make this phone worth its dollar!

KoperKiller
Old
Thanks Meter 58
It's a beautiful phone. Anyway, who cares.
SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH
IM JUST 14 YEARS OLD AND IM TRYING TO LEARN

iolinux333
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoperKiller View Post
It's a beautiful phone. Anyway, who cares.
I care! I have a Dart I keep in the trunk as a back/emergency phone, haven't looked at it in months, but running ICS on it would be cool!

ShawnnKushh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolinux333 View Post
I care! I have a Dart I keep in the trunk as a back/emergency phone, haven't looked at it in months, but running ICS on it would be cool!
That's what I been trying to get at but no one seems interested in developing for this phone

spawk
Old
Thanks Meter 1002

DONATE TO ME
i have tested porting my rom from mini to dart but after install bootloop if any one want to partici[ate i am ok i dont have dart phone only galaxi mimi i want help our dart user if any one have knew's add it here

D1358531
Old
Thanks Meter 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawk View Post
i have tested porting my rom from mini to dart but after install bootloop if any one want to partici[ate i am ok i dont have dart phone only galaxi mimi i want help our dart user if any one have knew's add it here
I am always ready to test on my Dart! Did you fix the bootloop?

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnnKushh View Post
That's what I been trying to get at but no one seems interested in developing for this phone
I have a Samsung Dart that I flashed CM7.2. Here is my info:

MY flashed Dart
Model number: Galaxy Mini (SGH-T499)
Android version: 2.3.7
Mod version: CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC0-dart-KANG
Build number: GWK74

spawk is working on his ROM for the dart

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

I went to system/app and noticed alot of apps with .odex

My question: Should I reflash with a Deodexed Rom that I found? (Deodexed_update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-dart-KANG-signed_Signed.zip) Would this make the Dart run better?

If I flash this deodexed rom, would I have to do the whole wipe data/cache devlik cache?

ShawnnKushh
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
I too have q spare dart I can tinker aroung with just let me know where to start and I'll help out as much as possible

KoperKiller
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolinux333 View Post
I mean who cares about it being beautiful
SORRY FOR BAD ENGLISH
IM JUST 14 YEARS OLD AND IM TRYING TO LEARN

best98
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Wow.. Dart is coming back on the scene..

I m having it in a drawer somewhere and as my HTC Aria begins to have random reboots (linked to the heating I guess) I am thinking in a swap.. either if it is not the same kind of device, it may be a good thing to see ICS there.

Fyi I also have a Gtab 10.1 and a Gnote S.. but this is a side note.

While I have some java skills, and know a bit around Android, I could help on that, but I have no ROM development knowledge. If someone wants to involve me, let me know !

Pierrick
The Following User Says Thank You to best98 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

D1358531
Old
Thanks Meter 132
CM7.2 works great on the Dart! So much better than the stock ROM

Tags
dart, ics, rom, samsung, t499