Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Telus Galaxy S2X

OP neilman01

15th April 2012, 07:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hey, I just bought a samsung galaxy s2x for telus, its the T989D, I was wondering if its completely compatible with all the tmobile roms and etc....also, how would I go about unlocking and rooting this phone. Thanks
15th April 2012, 07:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 415

2,249 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilman01

Hey, I just bought a samsung galaxy s2x for telus, its the T989D, I was wondering if its completely compatible with all the tmobile roms and etc....also, how would I go about unlocking and rooting this phone. Thanks

Every T-Mobile ROM is compatible with our phone. Rooting, there is a thread on development for that, and unlocking you need to pay for that service. There is no way to do it through software like the original Galaxy S Vibrant.

Sent from my Samsung SGH-T989D using xda premium
15th April 2012, 08:59 AM   |  #3  
Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 46

111 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skadude66

Every T-Mobile ROM is compatible with our phone. Rooting, there is a thread on development for that, and unlocking you need to pay for that service. There is no way to do it through software like the original Galaxy S Vibrant.

Not true! You can simply call customer service and request an unlock code. Sometimes customer service reps don't know the policies, so you may need to ask to talk to a manager or to tech support.

Tell them that you are planning to leave the country soon and want to unlock your phone so that you can use a foreign prepaid SIM, or something to that effect. Keep in mind that you have to have been a customer for 45+ days, or be a prepaid customer for 60+ days with a balance on your account of at least $10.
15th April 2012, 09:11 AM   |  #4  

2,249 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soltheman

Not true! You can simply call customer service and request an unlock code. Sometimes customer service reps don't know the policies, so you may need to ask to talk to a manager or to tech support.

Tell them that you are planning to leave the country soon and want to unlock your phone so that you can use a foreign prepaid SIM, or something to that effect. Keep in mind that you have to have been a customer for 45+ days, or be a prepaid customer for 60+ days with a balance on your account of at least $10.

On Telus? D: I know they charge $50 to unlock in store, I didn't think it was as easy as calling them up though..

15th April 2012, 01:56 PM   |  #5  
Flag Victoria, BC
Thanks Meter: 278

1,512 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skadude66

On Telus? D: I know they charge $50 to unlock in store, I didn't think it was as easy as calling them up though..

Yea IDK if this will work on Telus, but knowing their rap sheet - i HIGHLY doubt it.
15th April 2012, 05:29 PM   |  #6  
Flag Saskatchewan
Thanks Meter: 156

197 posts
More
$50 in store, $50 over the phone. They'll just add it to your bill, cheaper to go to any of the unlocking sites on the internet.
15th April 2012, 06:07 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 36

77 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester6

$50 in store, $50 over the phone. They'll just add it to your bill, cheaper to go to any of the unlocking sites on the internet.

I used mobileincanada.com it was cheaper than $50 and it was flawless
15th April 2012, 06:21 PM   |  #8  

2,249 posts
More
Yeah, I kinda figured. Seemed too good to be true

15th April 2012, 06:25 PM   |  #9  
Flag Saskatchewan
Thanks Meter: 156

197 posts
More
As far as rooting...

http://androidforums.com/galaxy-s2-t...ide-steps.html

is the one i used
Last edited by Jester6; 15th April 2012 at 06:29 PM.
16th April 2012, 05:33 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 9

81 posts
Phone is flawless on tzones. Love it. Mine came rooted.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread