[Guide]Install CM9 or CM7.2
I will explain how to install Cyanogenmod 9 OR 7(the FXP ones), found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1447542
, and here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1780322
You will need an unlocked bootloader
, and the nessecary files to get into fastboot etc. This is not covered in my tutorial.
You will have to find someone else's tutorial for that.
I made a step-by-step tutorial.
For CM10, you need a custom recovery beforehand.
If you want to install CM10, you need to flash the kernel last. (Do steps 4 - 7 after 12. Manually reboot in step 8, and instead of pressing reboot during step 12, power off and flash the kernel (step 4 - 7)
1. Make sure you have all the drivers installed, made a nandroid backup (only if you already have a custom kernel installed, if not, you can skip this) and have an usb cable, usb port (preferably no hub) and your phone near you.
2. Download the CM10/CM9/CM7 rom from their respective threads.
3. Open (don't extract!
) it with WinRAR or your program of choice. Copy the boot.img to the folder your fastboot.exe is in (for me, this is C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools). Then, put the zip file on your phones memory card.
3.5 (optional) Also download the Gapps (Google Play etc.) suited for your rom of choice and put the zip file on your memory card. I strongly advise you to install this.
4. Put your phone in fastboot mode (hold the search key while connecting it to your pc using the usb cable. The notification light should light up blue. When it's blue, you can release the search key.
4.5 Read steps 5-7 carefully. I have made a .bat file that will do this for you. If you choose to use it, place it in the same folder as your boot.img, and then launch. This won't work if you have renamed the boot.img. If you don't trust this, you can right-click it and hit edit. This way you'll see it says exactly the same as steps 6 and 7. Feel free to do it manually though. http://www.2shared.com/file/fPzWv4of/Flash_kernel.html
5. I assume you have Windows Vista or 7. If you do, shift-click on a empty place in your fastboot folder and click "open command prompt here" or something similar (my Windows version is Dutch, so I don't know what it's called in English).
6. Flash the kernel using this command: fastboot -i 0xfce flash boot boot.img. Note: it might be 0x0fce
7. Reboot the phone using this command: fastboot -i 0xfce reboot. Same for this one
8. While the phone is rebooting, spam the volume down key. You will now go into a recovery. Use the volume keys to navigate, and the home key to select (unless instructed otherwise on the recovery's thread). (You can now unplug the cable, but it can't hurt to keep it plugged in) If you haven't already, make a backup under "backup and restore".
9. Press wipe data/factory reset (this will of course wipe your data. Don't worry, we made a backup, remember? Note that restoring this backup will also restore your rom. Use Titanium Backup to back up your apps (requires root)). After that, also wipe your cache and Dalvik cache.
10. Select "install zip from sdcard", then "choose zip from sdcard". Navigate to the zip you put on the sdcard during step 3. It will now install the rom.
11. (optional) Also install the Gapps, same way as the rom itself.
12. After you finished installing, press reboot system now, and it will boot Cyanogenmod.
Congratulations, you just installed Cyanogenmod!
If I made any mistakes, please let me know.
I am not responsible for any bricked phones, broken GPU's, force-closes and killed pets.
If this helped you, I would appreciate a "thanks".
(If you want others to be able to use this guide, leave a comment. This will bump it up =))