Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[ROM][03 Set] CoreDroid ONE X V4.4[THEMED][FAST|SMOOTH][CD Suite Tools][2.17] ONLINE!

OP Sergio76

19th May 2012, 06:54 PM   |  #761  
DanteGR's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 1,039
 
3,085 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan

I wonder if the new Rom will be from the new HTC base. I've heard that 407.11 fixes the missing storage space issue.

I'm pretty sure the new rom will indeed be based on 1.29.401.11.
And yes. Missing storage space is fixed on this base
19th May 2012, 07:53 PM   |  #762  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 417
 
3,607 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteGR

I'm pretty sure the new rom will indeed be based on 1.29.401.11.
And yes. Missing storage space is fixed on this base

Everything at its time,
Atm sergio is writing a apk from scratch to replace something.
As you can imagine this takes a little time and alot of testing from us team members

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miniterror For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2012, 03:55 AM   |  #763  
Scann69's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Thanks Meter: 51
 
938 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
More
Is there a patch for the notification bar where we do not need to pull it all the way down to see the notifications? Similar to the attached .zip file except without the stock wifi icon.

Would be great if somebody could make one

Thanks to LeeDroid for the attached file
The Following User Says Thank You to Scann69 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2012, 04:06 AM   |  #764  
Wonderkik's Avatar
Member
Flag Tours
Thanks Meter: 14
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Oh, by the way, what does S-on prevents us to do? Since we can flash boot.img, the only thing I've seen so far that isn't doable without it is changing the splash boot screen.

I mean, it would allow us to skip a few steps, but besides that, is there a real benefit I don't see?
20th May 2012, 09:05 AM   |  #765  
philos64's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,698
 
3,396 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderkik

Oh, by the way, what does S-on prevents us to do? Since we can flash boot.img, the only thing I've seen so far that isn't doable without it is changing the splash boot screen.
I mean, it would allow us to skip a few steps, but besides that, is there a real benefit I don't see?


What is S-off
?
Inside your phone there are usually 3 types of memory :
• Some type of flash memory which contains the system files and programs.
• Ram memory in which your programs can run.
• Usually a removable flash card (microSD) for storage.

In their devices, HTC have installed a sort of security check whose level is determined by S-OFF/S-ON. Essentially, this security level is a flag stored on the device's radio that checks signature images for any firmware before it is allowed to be written to system memory. This hinders using any custom ROMs, splash images, recovery etc., and also restricts access to the NAND flash memory. However, when security level is set to S-OFF, the signature check is bypassed, allowing a user to upload custom firmware images, unsigned boot, recovery, splash and HBOOT images, as well as official firmware that has been modified, this enabling maximum customization of your HTC Android device.

Furthermore, S-OFF also reduces restrictions on accessing the NAND flash memory on the device, allowing all partitions (including /system) to be mounted in write mode while the operating system is booted.

How do I know if my device is S-ON or S-OFF,
That is easy to verify. Simply boot into HBOOT on your device, and the text on top will show the flag status as either S-OFF or S-ON..
And you will see a screen that looks like this the picture below (from my old vision). As you can see mine already has S-OFF.A full root generally means S-OFF
Last edited by philos64; 20th May 2012 at 09:15 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to philos64 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2012, 10:10 AM   |  #766  
Wonderkik's Avatar
Member
Flag Tours
Thanks Meter: 14
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
That, I already know, I use Google too ^^

But as of now, we can already do all this, or almost all. We can't change splash boot image or access every partition on the fly, but that's it.

So the question I ask is what would it bring us that we don't already have?
Apart from ease of use and full access to the phone's internal memory (which is rather a Dev feature), I don't see much point in going S-Off.

An example of what it would allow us to do, from an end-user point of view, would be appreciated

Sorry for going off topic here.
20th May 2012, 10:23 AM   |  #767  
philos64's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,698
 
3,396 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderkik

That, I already know, I use Google too ^^
But as of now, we can already do all this, or almost all. We can't change splash boot image or access every partition on the fly, but that's it.
So the question I ask is what would it bring us that we don't already have?
Apart from ease of use and full access to the phone's internal memory (which is rather a Dev feature), I don't see much point in going S-Off.
An example of what it would allow us to do, from an end-user point of view, would be appreciated
Sorry for going off topic here.

Sorry, but that I don't know that you use Google ...

A simply answer:
Actually, you must flash a boot.img before to flash a rom
If you are S-Off, you don't need to flash the boot.img file before.

That's what I've said on my last post:
Quote:

Furthermore, S-OFF also reduces restrictions on accessing the NAND flash memory on the device, allowing all partitions (including /system) to be mounted in write mode while the operating system is booted.

Last edited by philos64; 20th May 2012 at 10:46 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to philos64 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2012, 05:13 PM   |  #768  
Wonderkik's Avatar
Member
Flag Tours
Thanks Meter: 14
 
73 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Yeah that was a part i forgot to add, I understood that it would allow us to flash boot.img through recovery (and if understand well, we could even flash it whenever we want?), but since we already have a workaround for that (using fastboot flash boot boot.img) it is not a "new" feature that S-off would allow, just an easier way to do what we already do today.

Hence my question, what would it allow us to do that we can't already do, even with such workarounds?

I'm asking because it seems really weird to me that so much people are investing so much time in getting S-Off if it doesn't allow new and unseen features.
But maybe we shouldn't post too much about this here, let's keep on topic
20th May 2012, 05:54 PM   |  #769  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 417
 
3,607 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonderkik

Yeah that was a part i forgot to add, I understood that it would allow us to flash boot.img through recovery (and if understand well, we could even flash it whenever we want?), but since we already have a workaround for that (using fastboot flash boot boot.img) it is not a "new" feature that S-off would allow, just an easier way to do what we already do today.

Hence my question, what would it allow us to do that we can't already do, even with such workarounds?

I'm asking because it seems really weird to me that so much people are investing so much time in getting S-Off if it doesn't allow new and unseen features.
But maybe we shouldn't post too much about this here, let's keep on topic

You know,
Im following the s-off discussion thread and havent asked yet but ive been wondering with the same question.
Besides splash screen i cant really think of anything we cant already do with a work arround besides also downgrading radio images.
Ill wonder some more about it.
Sure would be nice though for a easier flashing exp

Edit: also supercid to debrand branded devices for ruu checks and firmware packages

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Last edited by miniterror; 20th May 2012 at 05:57 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miniterror For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2012, 06:28 PM   |  #770  
MarylandCookie's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Birmingham, UK
Thanks Meter: 349
 
1,218 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
If your carrier released an updated radio then the only way you would be able to flash this would be via the corresponding ruu, where'as if you had S-OFF you can extract the radio.img and place it in a PG**IMG.zip and update via bootloader *simples*
The added advantage of this also means that if your carrier hasnt released the latest radio you can try the leaked version

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MarylandCookie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
amazing!!, best looking rom, coredroid, coredroid one x, coredroid suite tools, dadoctor, el nino1977, extremely fast and smooth, eye candy, here is some real development, hox, loads of mods available, one of a kind superrom, rayford85, rayheath, sergio the rom developing god, sergio76, stunning, suite tools, the best rom in the one x thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes