Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,915 Members 37,330 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Considering a xoom, still a good option?

Tip us?

branshaw09
Old
Thanks Meter 20
I picked one up on Tuesday. Found it on craigslist for $225. My only complaint is that the screen isn't nearly as clear/sharp as my wife's XYBoard. The darks aren't completely dark at angles. Besides that its a great tab especially at the cost I got it at.

ZeroXoom
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmako777 View Post
well guys, its gonna be a bit before i get my tablet now. i ordered one from walmart because i felt more comfortable in thinking i would get a US device with the ability to return it no problem if something was wrong with it. instead, wally sends me one that boots up for singapore and has a foreign charger with adapter...on top of the fact it looks like someone grabbed the display model and threw it in the box. needless to say im pretty bummed and im gonna return this thing, so i have to try and hunt down a legit device
Man, that sucks! I don't know if this helps, but Daily Steals has the 3G unlocked version at $300 Daily Steals -sorry, can't post URL under 10 post

I think that runs honeycomb...and I don't know if ICS has been announced for it. But as branshaw09 and others have said Craigslist seems to be a good place to get one for a good price and be able to physically check it out first. Good luck.

mrmako777
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXoom View Post
Man, that sucks! I don't know if this helps, but Daily Steals has the 3G unlocked version at $300 Daily Steals -sorry, can't post URL under 10 post

I think that runs honeycomb...and I don't know if ICS has been announced for it. But as branshaw09 and others have said Craigslist seems to be a good place to get one for a good price and be able to physically check it out first. Good luck.
Actually, its funny how things work out. I ended up finding one this evening for $100 less than the one I bought from Walmart.

Sent from my HTC MyTouch 4G running MIUI
Google Nexus 5 :: Stock 4.4.4 (rooted)
Samsung Galaxy S III :: Stock 4.3 (rooted)
HTC Amaze 4G (S-OFF) :: Retired
Motorola Xoom (GED) :: Retired
HTC Mytouch 4G :: Retired
Motorola Milestone XT720 :: Retired

Check out my auctions on eBay

Follow me on tumblr.

ZeroXoom
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmako777 View Post
Actually, its funny how things work out. I ended up finding one this evening for $100 less than the one I bought from Walmart.

Sent from my HTC MyTouch 4G running MIUI
From Craigslist? Just out of curiosity...how much are folks getting their Xooms for?

superflybribri
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I own a Xoom. I have two problems with it. I would prefer a 7 or 8 inch model instead. And the Xoom is very hard to hold comfortably. The edge is too small and it is just always awkward. I look forward to the Google Experience Device from Asus coming out in the near future.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

mrmako777
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXoom View Post
From Craigslist? Just out of curiosity...how much are folks getting their Xooms for?
the one i bought from walmart, i paid ~$430 for only because i felt like it was worth paying a bit more to have piece of mind and the ability to return it in case something was wrong. alot of ebay sellers i wanted to buy from didnt accept returns and i didnt want to be stuck with dealing with motorola if something was wrong with my device. since walmart pissed that out the window, i figured screw it, ill give ebay a shot. actually found one last night from 1saleaday on ebay for $320 shipped.

Follow me on tumblr.

jason4656
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Funny to see this thread still going, i bought an asus transformer prime instead and i kept it for 6 days then sent it back!! the battery life was absolutely terrible i managed 5hrs use on about 5 different types of test on the main battery with just the screen, which was just not enough, so i sent it back. I am waiting for my xoom to arrive tomorrow

mrmako777
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason4656 View Post
Funny to see this thread still going, i bought an asus transformer prime instead and i kept it for 6 days then sent it back!! the battery life was absolutely terrible i managed 5hrs use on about 5 different types of test on the main battery with just the screen, which was just not enough, so i sent it back. I am waiting for my xoom to arrive tomorrow
Same here man, congrats! We just got ics for the HTC amaze, so I've been pretty busy over there, but can't wait to get my hands dirty over here

Follow me on tumblr.