[ROM] KEBBERSROM_SHELLSHOCK_V1.4 (Mar 8 2013) 4.0.4
Find the download HERE
V1.3 can be found here
Please note: I am NOT the original creator of this ROM, this ROM was originally made by Civato, and as a result, he deserves all the credit for it. All I did was modify a few things in order to make it work and display a little better on our A100.
The original ROM was called RE-FLEXxx-ShellSHOCK and is based on This thread
. If you happen to like this ROM make sure you hit up his thanks button, or better yet, send him a donation.
- Bits and pieces taken from Android 4.0.4 and 4.1 (mainly based on 4.0.4) off of ROMS from the Acer A500 and A700.
- Boatloads of scripts and tweaks for performance
- Acer features like the Acer Ring (WIP), Acer Print, and Dolby Mobile
- Most of the bloatware removed
- godmachine kernel pre-overclocked at 1.2GHZ. If you want to change that you will need an app for it.
- Google Now with functional TTS for other apps
- nice and fancy notification screen (taken from the A700)
- lots more
- Capacitive home button now launches google now or long press for Google Voice Search
-modified font and softkeys for unique UI
-Entropy Seeder 2.0
-LMT launcher (sort of like PIE for Paranoid Android)
For more information, you can check out his thread for his A500 here
. Keep in mind that the more updates I do, the more it differs from that thread
I will not be held responsible if this borks your system! Remember the risks of flashing custom ROMS!
Make sure you do a FULL NANDROID BACKUP BEFORE INSTALLING
Also make sure you do a COMPLETE WIPE (Data/Factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, and format flexrom)
Install ZIP from your SD card (or wherever you downloaded it to)
1) Although the lockscreen is 100% functional, you might notice that it looks a little funny when swiping to unlock.
2) It has come to my attention that headset microphones don't work on this ROM. I don't know if it is as of the last update or it has been a persistent issue. A way to temporary solve this is to download an app from the Play store called "soundabout" In this app, there is an option where you can force the microphone to work from the device, even when a headset is plugged in.
If there is anything else, please let me know!
One other thing I would like to note, is that it seems that the "touchscreen issue" is much less apparent with this ROM. Perhaps some people who commonly have that problem can provide feedback on this.
A BIG FAT THANKS TO CIVATO!
Also thanks to:
-noname81 - for the LMT launcher - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1330150
I have created some CWM zips to change the behaviour of the capacitive home button. You can find them Here.
One more thing. If you want to run the Entropy Seeder then open up the app Terminal Emulator then type:
that will give you 4 options for turning it on or off etc.