Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 47,617 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] IPv6 and the One X

Tip us?

99RedB
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] IPv6 and the One X

I've got a functional dual stack network where my old stock HTC Desire happily worked with IPv6. For the life of me however I can't get my One X to use IPv6. Now, I'm not using any DHCP server for IPv6 since everything else (a couple of Ubuntu boxes, a couple of Windows boxes and the HTC Desire) works just fine with the auto-config.

Using the MyIPv6 app from the store shows that the wlan interface has a private IPv6 address, so it's obviously IPv6 capable. The question is - how do I get it actually using IPv6?

Thanks

phirenz
Old
(Last edited by phirenz; 16th April 2012 at 09:49 AM.) Reason: Failed at reading.
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
A link local IPv6 address doesn't really mean anything, just that ipv6 support is compiled into the kernel.

[s]How is your network assigning IPv6 addresses, DHCPv6 or Stateless auto configuration?[/s]

Edit: And I fail at reading.

HTC probably forgot to enable auto configuration. You could try adding a DHCPv6 server to your network, but chances are you will need to fix this via root.

Tiersten
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Confirming that IPv6 doesn't work properly on the current One X firmware if you're using stateless auto config. No idea if DHCPv6 works or not.

99RedB
Old
(Last edited by 99RedB; 16th April 2012 at 08:23 PM.) Reason: Update
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Darn, I'll have to try to get a DHCPv6 server up and running, but I'll also raise it with HTC support.

Edit - doesn't look like it's working with DHCPv6 either

Case raised with HTC.

m.algoe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem. This thread seems to be about everything there is written on this topic as far as google are concerned, are we really that special?

Any news on the case with HTC?

99RedB
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
The response from HTC was basically "it works the way it was designed to work". It may be an ICS problem, or something else, but I'm not reassured.

rkloost
Old
(Last edited by rkloost; 28th November 2012 at 09:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99RedB View Post
The response from HTC was basically "it works the way it was designed to work". It may be an ICS problem, or something else, but I'm not reassured.
Same issue here, IPv6 address not assigned. HTC support kindly suggests to do a soft reset and indicates a hard reset might work...

Software: 2.17.401.2
Router: FRITZ!Box 7360 (Provided by XS4ALL a Dutch ISP)

The following devices get an IPv6 address:.

Stock ROM:
Acer Iconia A500 tablet (4.0.3)
Nexus 7 (Android 4.2)
Samsung Galaxy SII (Android 4.0.4)
Samsung Galaxy SIII (Android 4.1.1)

I forgot to mention Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.2, just updated from 4.1.2

Please update this thread...

Regards,
Ruud