[rom] [fr 2.2] 2012-04-16 nostalgia for optimus 2x by topogigi
LG O2X FR NOSTALGIA 1.0
- Based on stock v10d Froyo update from LG
- Neoblaze 28092011 (Thanks Imperticus for your valuable custom kernel)
- EXT4 filesystem for /system and /data partitions
- EXT3 filesystem for /cache partition
- init.d support
- Integrated Voodoo Sound
- Deadline scheduler (only for custom kernel versions)
- V6Supercharger script in /system/xbin
- OC/UV via SETCPU, Antutu CPU Master or Pimp my CPU
- Boot at stock speed (unmodified: 1000Mhz)
- Stock framework with some light mods by me
- Battery Mod with percentage
- Sqlite patch (Thanks to Paul from Modaco)
- Zipalign at boot time
- Database optimization and defrag at boot time
- SD card optimization tweaks
- Optimization tweaks for mount points
- Removed OTA updater (20 Mb ram gain) and modified Settings.apk accordingly
- Pre-dexopt patch
- ICS Fugu tweaks
- Semi-transparent notification pulldown
- somemadcaant camera mod
Some people are firmly convinced that newer is not always better. They asked me to cook a rom with a v10d base and here we are. To tell the truth, I'm actually using it and I finally realized that they are not wrong: battery life is very good with froyo, and there is no memory leak, here.
Long story short, this is a Froyo ROM with stock appearance, but with all the candies we are used to cooked in.
Feedbacks are welcome.
This ROM comes with NO warranty. If you brick your phone, don't blame me, I'm only experimenting with my phone and sharing the results with you, mates!
- I assume you have CWM recovery installed on your phone. If not, read one of the excellent tutorials on this site and install it. (Remember to choose one of the latest CWM cause you have to deal with EXT4 filesystem)
- Copy the file you have downloaded "as is" (don't try to extract the files contained in the .zip archive!) in the root directory of your SD Card.
- Boot in CWM, select "Install zip from SD Card", then choose the .zip archive you have previously copied and wait until the process ends.
- Reboot your device and enjoy your new rom.
- Remember to flash ext4convert before installing my rom if you are unsure about your actual partition format!!!
P.S. This rom does not wipe your phone, but depending on the Rom you actually have on your device, you'll need to convert your /data and /cache partitions to a new filesystem (the /system image included in my rom is already formatted in EXT4. If you are on an EXT3 based rom, you need to flash ext4convert before installing my rom. Anyway, my personal advice is to backup all your data before installing a new Rom!!!
- Slow access to /cache partition (original v10d issue). The phone lags and seems to hang during massive accesses to /cache partition.
- Long boot time due to database defrag script in init.d
1.0 Initial Release [ACTUAL]
- Zeppelinrox for Supercharger http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991276
- Paul O'Brien from Modaco for his wizardries
- SOMEMADCAANT for all camera mods
- Imperticus for his unvaluable work on the kernel
- Carburano for his Django Manouche ROM: I pulled many ideas from there.
....and many others that helped sharing their ideas and work for free.
In memory of Saverio