Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,064 Members 41,430 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Titanium Backup

Tip us?

cliff0796
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Titanium Backup

Hi guys, quick question

I have backed my phone up with titanium Backup, if I was to lose all my data how would I be able to re apply it? Would I just log in to titanium with my user name and upload everything??

I have looked at forums for the answer but have had no luck,

Thanks

azzledazzle
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 2020

DONATE TO ME
Titanuim backup is an app. If you make a backup through this app it will back everything up into a folder on the SD card.

When you perform a factory reset it will wipe everything except whatever is on the sd card.

So after the wipe, install titanium from the market, and restore all the apps.

if your going to format the sd card, copy over the titanuim backup folder onto your pc or upload to dropbox or similar. Format the sd card, copy the folder back over and restore.

easy peasy

cliff0796
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzledazzle View Post
Titanuim backup is an app. If you make a backup through this app it will back everything up into a folder on the SD card.

When you perform a factory reset it will wipe everything except whatever is on the sd card.

So after the wipe, install titanium from the market, and restore all the apps.

if your going to format the sd card, copy over the titanuim backup folder onto your pc or upload to dropbox or similar. Format the sd card, copy the folder back over and restore.

easy peasy
Thanks for the reply.

With out sounding to thick what I would do..

I dont have an sd card in my phone, so if I lost everything then how would I be able to get my details back on my phone?

Can I not just copy everything and put in in a folder on my computer, if then I lost all data I could then transfer it back to my phone from my computer

I did a superboot yesterday ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1577831 ) and when reading other topics about rooting they always tell you to back everything up...

Whats my best option?

Cheers

azzledazzle
Old
Thanks Meter 2020

DONATE TO ME
sorry im confused ? Are you using the One S now ?? or are you trying to back up files from an older phone to restore onto the One S ??

it doesnt matter if you dont have external sd (One S doesnt anyway) it will be backed up to the internal SD.

All you have to do is plug in USB and tranfer from old phone > PC > New phone

Torparn
Old
(Last edited by Torparn; 16th April 2012 at 05:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliff0796 View Post
Thanks for the reply.

With out sounding to thick what I would do..

I dont have an sd card in my phone, so if I lost everything then how would I be able to get my details back on my phone?

Can I not just copy everything and put in in a folder on my computer, if then I lost all data I could then transfer it back to my phone from my computer

I did a superboot yesterday ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1577831 ) and when reading other topics about rooting they always tell you to back everything up...

Whats my best option?

Cheers
It is best to do a nandroidbackup. You can make a nandroidbackup in the recovery menu. When you have made this backup, you have copied everything on the phone as it was when you started the first time. To make a nandroidbackup you must have CWM (clockworkmod).
The Following User Says Thank You to Torparn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cliff0796
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzledazzle View Post
sorry im confused ? Are you using the One S now ?? or are you trying to back up files from an older phone to restore onto the One S ??

it doesnt matter if you dont have external sd (One S doesnt anyway) it will be backed up to the internal SD.

All you have to do is plug in USB and tranfer from old phone > PC > New phone

Using HTC One S now..

arknailed7754
Old
(Last edited by arknailed7754; 16th April 2012 at 03:59 PM.) Reason: choice
Thanks Meter 389
Default --

To back up full rom..like everything,as the post says above you would boot into recovery and back it up that way at the moment due to not having official clockworkmod..dont know if it is yet,but you can do that way.itll save everything just as you left it.

titanium back up will save apps and there data..
and can save the way you have saved your settings etc.
itll save your profile without needing to login.then click on options..then batch if its apps.or if its system data and apps choose that option.

beware though if you got 100 apps youll be there for a good ten minutes reinstalling lol.

(note--asop isnt around yet fully but dont restore system data from sense roms to asop and vice versa itll just mess your system up)

your external storage( will never be touched with relation to flashing roms etc.the only way it can happen is if your a complete numpty and select that option yourself.

best way to be honest is just play around with titanium youll get the hang of it
By the way the thanks button is there for a reason,shame they dont have a 'jog on' button either
The Following User Says Thank You to arknailed7754 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cliff0796
Old
(Last edited by cliff0796; 16th April 2012 at 04:13 PM.) Reason: no reason
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torparn View Post
It is best to do a nandroidbackup. You can make a nandroidbackup in the recovery menu. When you have made this backup, you have copied everything on the phone as it was when you started the first time. To make a nandroidbackup you must have CWN (clockworkmod).

Thanks, I'm new to all this so still learning the ropes.

cliff0796
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by arknailed7754 View Post
To back up full rom..like everything,as the post says above you would boot into recovery and back it up that way at the moment due to not having official clockworkmod..dont know if it is yet,but you can do that way.itll save everything just as you left it.

titanium back up will save apps and there data..
and can save the way you have saved your settings etc.
itll save your profile without needing to login.then click on options..then batch if its apps.or if its system data and apps choose that option.

beware though if you got 100 apps youll be there for a good ten minutes reinstalling lol.

(note--asop isnt around yet fully but dont restore system data from sense roms to asop and vice versa itll just mess your system up)

your external storage( will never be touched with relation to flashing roms etc.the only way it can happen is if your a complete numpty and select that option yourself.

best way to be honest is just play around with titanium youll get the hang of it
Thanks for the reply, when I go in to recovery it just starts the phone back up, what am I doing wrong, is there any chance you can give me the basic idiots guide on how to do this, dont want to lose all my stuff, if anything was to happen then I will be goosed..

azzledazzle
Old
Thanks Meter 2020

DONATE TO ME
when you go into CWM recovery and select backup, It just starts without confirmation.

It will save under a folder named 'clockwork' on your sd card, Inside that will be your nandroid backup, It consists of all apps, data, system, everything except firmware and radio. (which doesnt matter as you havent changed it)

if you every run into a problem that cannot be fixed, restoring the nandroid will put your phone back to the state it was in when you made it..

Titanium on the other hand, this backs up all apps and app data (game saves, login info ect) you mainly use this when changing ROM or doing a wipe. so that you dont have to install them all 1 by 1..

Only restore a nandroid when you run in to serious errors. NOT everytime you wipe / change ROM