The 'Returns and Replacements' thread.

OP JimmyEatFood

16th April 2012, 02:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 31

280 posts
More
I've read a lot about people who have returned their phones. I thought it would be handy if we had one thread where people could state if they have returned their phone, why it was returned and how many devices they have been through.

I have sent mine back today. Dial a Phone said they would send a prepaid 'Special Delivery' envelope, however they only sent first class. I won't be able to track it now.

It was sent due to the screen flickering as I have mentioned in the other thread.

Hopefully it will be the first and last time I have to do so.
16th April 2012, 02:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 1,186

4,430 posts
More
Same as OP. Sent today pre paid envelope to DAP for same reasons. White model made in Taiwan. Screen strobing on greys on all brightness levels.
The Following User Says Thank You to nikzDHD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2012, 02:27 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 439

2,454 posts
More
Sent an exchange request to Affordable Mobiles (screen ripples and strobing), won't surprise me if they take days to respond and then ask me to pay for postage
The Following User Says Thank You to Audioboxer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2012, 02:28 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag York

280 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikzDHD

Same as OP. Sent today pre paid envelope to DAP for same reasons. White model made in Taiwan. Screen strobing on greys on all brightness levels.

Did you get a prepaid special delivery envelope or was it prepaid first class?

Wonder what the turn around on this will be. Hope it will be here before Thursday as it's getting delivered to my Dads and he's off on holiday for a week.
16th April 2012, 02:31 PM   |  #5  
Flag London

4,430 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyEatFood

Did you get a prepaid special delivery envelope or was it prepaid first class?

Wonder what the turn around on this will be. Hope it will be here before Thursday as it's getting delivered to my Dads and he's off on holiday for a week.

Pre paid first class, however I paid for SD as didn't want to risk losing it.

Check your DAP account under my messages. I've already got a message from them couple of days ago saying order process has been delayed until tomorrow. Guess they are just awaiting arrival of phone sent today before dispatching new one.
16th April 2012, 02:31 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 3

55 posts
More
I'm just returning from Carphone Warehouse's store where I returned my One X for a refund. Yesterday I got the first one I bought replaced, just to find a little bit later that the replacement exhibits the same screen flickering / banding / glitches issues as the first one. What really pissed me off with the replacement was that in addition half of its sensors were broken:

* Panasonic 3-axis Magnetic Field sensor
* Panasonic Orientation sensor
* Panasonic Rotation Vector
* Panasonic Liner Acceleration
* Panasonic Gravity

So the guys at Carphone Warehouse were kind enough to immediately issue me a refund, but what really amazed me is that they acted as if I was just the most unlucky person in the world and they have never heard of anyone else having those issues.

The moral from this - I just didn't want to waste my time any more hoping and waiting for the dreaded HTC firmware update.
16th April 2012, 02:32 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 22

256 posts
I have asked to return mine and am awaiting a returns envelope from phones4u to send it back in, however the phone was dropped yesterday and has scuffed the casing so waiting to here if this will cause a problem with the return as per this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1602217
16th April 2012, 02:37 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag York

280 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikzDHD

Pre paid first class, however I paid for SD as didn't want to risk losing it.

Check your DAP account under my messages. I've already got a message from them couple of days ago saying order process has been delayed until tomorrow. Guess they are just awaiting arrival of phone sent today before dispatching new one.

Just called and spoken to them, as soon as the phone is recieved in the warehouse a new one is dispatched straight away.
16th April 2012, 02:38 PM   |  #9  
Flag London

4,430 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyEatFood

Just called and spoken to them, as soon as the phone is recieved in the warehouse a new one is dispatched straight away.

Nice so we could potentially have it on Wednesday if they use the same SD.
16th April 2012, 03:31 PM   |  #10  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 632

2,266 posts
More
returned my one x back ! will wait for the next galaxy to come out, till then galxy nexus will do the job !

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread