Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,011 Members 38,718 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The 'Returns and Replacements' thread.

Tip us?

JimmyEatFood
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Default The 'Returns and Replacements' thread.

I've read a lot about people who have returned their phones. I thought it would be handy if we had one thread where people could state if they have returned their phone, why it was returned and how many devices they have been through.

I have sent mine back today. Dial a Phone said they would send a prepaid 'Special Delivery' envelope, however they only sent first class. I won't be able to track it now.

It was sent due to the screen flickering as I have mentioned in the other thread.

Hopefully it will be the first and last time I have to do so.

nikzDHD
Old
Thanks Meter 1038
Same as OP. Sent today pre paid envelope to DAP for same reasons. White model made in Taiwan. Screen strobing on greys on all brightness levels.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505
Rom: DjeMBeY XXUFNC9 4.4.2 | Der Kernel: KT Kernel | Theme: Domination V2.0

Tablet: Nexus 7 2013 32GB
Rom: OmniRom 4.4.2 | Der Kernel: Stock Omni

Previous: HTC DesireHD > Samsung Galaxy SII > T-Mobile Rapport > Samsung Galaxy S (Backup) > Samsung Galaxy SIII (Brief ownership) > Samsung Galaxy Note II > HTC One X > Nexus 4
The Following User Says Thank You to nikzDHD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Audioboxer
Old
Thanks Meter 328
Sent an exchange request to Affordable Mobiles (screen ripples and strobing), won't surprise me if they take days to respond and then ask me to pay for postage
The Following User Says Thank You to Audioboxer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JimmyEatFood
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikzDHD View Post
Same as OP. Sent today pre paid envelope to DAP for same reasons. White model made in Taiwan. Screen strobing on greys on all brightness levels.
Did you get a prepaid special delivery envelope or was it prepaid first class?

Wonder what the turn around on this will be. Hope it will be here before Thursday as it's getting delivered to my Dads and he's off on holiday for a week.

nikzDHD
Old
Thanks Meter 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyEatFood View Post
Did you get a prepaid special delivery envelope or was it prepaid first class?

Wonder what the turn around on this will be. Hope it will be here before Thursday as it's getting delivered to my Dads and he's off on holiday for a week.
Pre paid first class, however I paid for SD as didn't want to risk losing it.

Check your DAP account under my messages. I've already got a message from them couple of days ago saying order process has been delayed until tomorrow. Guess they are just awaiting arrival of phone sent today before dispatching new one.

Previous: HTC DesireHD > Samsung Galaxy SII > T-Mobile Rapport > Samsung Galaxy S (Backup) > Samsung Galaxy SIII (Brief ownership) > Samsung Galaxy Note II > HTC One X > Nexus 4

znanev
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'm just returning from Carphone Warehouse's store where I returned my One X for a refund. Yesterday I got the first one I bought replaced, just to find a little bit later that the replacement exhibits the same screen flickering / banding / glitches issues as the first one. What really pissed me off with the replacement was that in addition half of its sensors were broken:

* Panasonic 3-axis Magnetic Field sensor
* Panasonic Orientation sensor
* Panasonic Rotation Vector
* Panasonic Liner Acceleration
* Panasonic Gravity

So the guys at Carphone Warehouse were kind enough to immediately issue me a refund, but what really amazed me is that they acted as if I was just the most unlucky person in the world and they have never heard of anyone else having those issues.

The moral from this - I just didn't want to waste my time any more hoping and waiting for the dreaded HTC firmware update.

matw01
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I have asked to return mine and am awaiting a returns envelope from phones4u to send it back in, however the phone was dropped yesterday and has scuffed the casing so waiting to here if this will cause a problem with the return as per this thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1602217

JimmyEatFood
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikzDHD View Post
Pre paid first class, however I paid for SD as didn't want to risk losing it.

Check your DAP account under my messages. I've already got a message from them couple of days ago saying order process has been delayed until tomorrow. Guess they are just awaiting arrival of phone sent today before dispatching new one.
Just called and spoken to them, as soon as the phone is recieved in the warehouse a new one is dispatched straight away.

nikzDHD
Old
Thanks Meter 1038
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyEatFood View Post
Just called and spoken to them, as soon as the phone is recieved in the warehouse a new one is dispatched straight away.
Nice so we could potentially have it on Wednesday if they use the same SD.

tids2k
Old
Thanks Meter 632
returned my one x back ! will wait for the next galaxy to come out, till then galxy nexus will do the job !
lumia 1520>note 10.1 (2014)>nexus 5>s IV>htc one>sgs III>huawie quad xl>ipad 3>lg x3>htc z3tA>samsung galaxy note>samsung galaxy s II lte hd>iphone 4(g)>samsung galaxy s2 >htc desire hd>samsung galaxy s >htc desire (cancelled) :d>htc touch hd2>htc touch hd>nokia n97>iphone 3g>nokia n96>nokia n95> nokia n70