[Q] build prop settings to get full market access.

Search This thread

jmac9

Feb 1, 2011
Omaha, NE
I posted this in Q&A and got zero responses so please no flaming about posting this there.......someone here knows because i got the info from here long ago. What changes in builds prop are done to "trick" the market? Nexus S in somewhere....just can't recall. TIA.

Keuka79

Jul 30, 2011
I posted this in Q&A and got zero responses so please no flaming about posting this there.......someone here knows because i got the info from here long ago. What changes in builds prop are done to "trick" the market? Nexus S in somewhere....just can't recall. TIA.

I would also like to know that. I run mine at 200 DPI but and thats a little too low for the full market access.

It also pisses me off when I post a question in the proper section and no one responds.

bobloblaw1

May 25, 2010
Then bump the post in the proper section. Don't knowingly and willfully break the rules.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

Reactions: jt1134

jt1134

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 8, 2010
whole lotta derpin goin on...

First: ask an intelligible question if you want a sufficient answer. I for one have no idea wtf the OP is asking exactly since he gave virtually no details.

Second: don't ask in development when you know you shouldn't! See first response....

Third: getting "pissed off" when no one answers is extremely lame and immature. Either no one knew the answer, or no one knew wtf you were talking about and didn't feel like playing 20 questions. See first response....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

MrManiacNF

Jul 11, 2011
Newfoundland
I bought the app LCD Density modder pro, it comes with a modifed play store that reports your LCD Density at 240dpi to the market.

This fixes the "App not compatible errors"

I've been flashing a lot of ICS roms lately and I was sick of booting ICS, running LCD modded, installing the modded files, rebooting... etc.. etc.. so I made myself a CWM zip file that I just flash right after I flash a rom.

Even tho it's a personal file, I gave LCD Density modded all the credit. Although I know of other sources the show you how to do the mods yourself. I don't know if I'm allow to post the CWM zip file here for you guys to download, or even if you do in fact want to download it.

So, if it's ok for me to post the file, can a mod let me know? Please and thanks. I will post it in the main form for others and let you guys know where it's too.

Thanks
Maniac

Reactions: jmac9

Keuka79

Jul 30, 2011
I bought the app LCD Density modder pro, it comes with a modifed play store that reports your LCD Density at 240dpi to the market.

I've been flashing a lot of ICS roms lately and I was sick of booting ICS, running LCD modded, installing the modded files, rebooting... etc.. etc.. so I made myself a CWM zip file that I just flash right after I flash a rom.

Even tho it's a personal file, I gave LCD Density modded all the credit. Although I know of other sources the show you how to do the mods yourself. I don't know if I'm allow to post the CWM zip file here for you guys to download, or even if you do in fact want to download it.

So, if it's ok for me to post the file, can a mod let me know? Please and thanks. I will post it in the main form for others and let you guys know where it's too.

Thanks
Maniac

Thank you for the response. I'll be sure to be more mature about my responses here. I wouldn't want anyone telling my 65 year old mother one me. I'd hate to have to explain all of that to her. I'll simply say puzzled from now on.

jmac9

Feb 1, 2011
Omaha, NE

First: ask an intelligible question if you want a sufficient answer. I for one have no idea wtf the OP is asking exactly since he gave virtually no details.

Second: don't ask in development when you know you shouldn't! See first response....

Third: getting "pissed off" when no one answers is extremely lame and immature. Either no one knew the answer, or no one knew wtf you were talking about and didn't feel like playing 20 questions. See first response....

Sorry for not explaining it better (being the OP). It sounded very clear inside my head when typing.......and that is a problem I know!:)

When trying to download some apps in the Market (Crackle TV app for example) I get the error "this app is not compatible with your phone". There was a "trick" posted awhile back that by changing something in the build prop using a text editor that would make the market think I had a newer modeled phone and thus could get the apps to download.

I had run for months with the market thinking I had a Nexus I believe (again, sorry I can't remember what I had changed it to) for a long time with no issues, but these latest builds of ICS just aren't playing nice with the Play Store.

I truly thought it was a common thing people were doing with the fascinate in order to have full access to the market/play store. Thus, I just condensed my question thinking it was going to get multiple hits and a quick answer. My mistake there again.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Then bump the post in the proper section. Don't knowingly and willfully break the rules.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

Thanks
    Maniac