Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 53,071 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One X Tips and Tricks

Tip us?

ShyamSasi
Old
(Last edited by ShyamSasi; 8th July 2012 at 06:57 PM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,734

DONATE TO ME
Default HTC One X Tips and Tricks

HTC One X tips and tricks

Quote:
As the title says you folks can share HTC One X tips and tricks here. I'm sure lot of the users will find them helpful. I'm new to HTC so I would also use some tips and tricks.

Quote:
Take Screenshot without third party app

Power Button + Vol down

Quote:
Stimulate Battery Removal

Press and Hold Power Button for 10 seconds

Quote:
To disable a System app

Go to settings> apps > all tab > Select the app you want and click on Disable. Just like Titanium back.

Quote:
To Disable Automatic Shortcut After installing an App

Go to Play Store > Click on Menu and click on Settings > Uncheck "Auto-add Widgets"

Quote:
Create Folder Automatically in Launcher

Drag an icon and try to drop it to an existing icon on Launcher menu it automatically creates a folder.

Quote:
Proper Reboot

In settings, power, Fast boot - when checked you are only doing a hot boot when you select Restart in power menu, uncheck it and you have the normal reboot(preferred). (Rycon33)

Quote:
Move Cursor

To move the cursor left or right while typing, you can press the volume up / down to move it. ( keeenif )

Quote:
HTC swype keyboard

Go to settings, keyboard. Then HTC input and enable the trace feature. It's replaced swype for me now (hetalmp)

Quote:

Fix Laggy sense 4.0

• settings
  • development section
  • Don't keep activities
  • It is unticked by default. Tick it (I went on recent apps to make sure it would be saved, then back) and untick it again. Seems to be a fault in the indication of the settings (131313) More Info
Quote:
Limit your data or set a data limit warning

Settings > (Wireless & Network) More > Usage

(puffingbear, 420kushking)

Quote:
HTC keyboard Tip

In HTC keyboard, swipe left to change to number/symbol layout, swipe right to change to different language keyboard. (stm2008)

Quote:
Phonebook scroll

scroll in phonebook with two fingers will move the list alphabetially. (stm2008)

Quote:
Remove black tab with 3 dots (Only on Latest firmware)

Settings > Display & Gesture (For root users on 1.29 or below use this MOD)

Quote:
Browser history/bookmark screen

In stock browser, long press the back button can bring up the browser history/bookmark screen (stm2008)
Quote:

Scroll through music quickly

To scroll through your music quickly you can use 2 finger scroll. Does it in contacts too (technostein)
Quote:
Bluetooth Pictures

when bt handset is connected open camera and press button on handset and camera will take an picture. like remote for camera ( carlowise)

Quote:
Stock browser Fullscreen

In the stock browser, get rid of the annoying bar that appears at the bottom of the page every time you scroll down by enabling quick controls.

Got to: Settings --> Labs --> Quick Controls.(apwb)
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to ShyamSasi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShyamSasi
Old
(Last edited by ShyamSasi; 8th July 2012 at 06:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,734

DONATE TO ME
Other Tips:
Quote:

Quote:

Improve your gaming performance withhamdir guide How to easily Maximize Gaming performance on Tegra 3 One X - root

Quote:

Improve overall scrolling experience by using SuperCharger script by zeppelinrox the guide specific for One X created by hamdir

Quote:

Battery performance will only improve after 2 or 3 battery cycles. i.e. After flashing the ROM or Kernel wait for 2 or 3 days to comment on battery performance. BTW clearing batterystat.bin does nothing
according to engineers at Google.

Quote:

After flashing a new Kernel remember to wipe the cache not sure exactly why but it was told by kernel developers

Quote:

Access the Secret Power Saver settings by the tip knightrocker in this thread

Quote:

To make the developers life easier when you reporting an error, bug on the ROM be sure to include the logcat (for ROM related), kmsg (Kernel related)

Quote:
HTC One X Speaker Output

Remove limiter for louder sound and less compressed sound. Also disable Trubass effect which boosts 400hz for a cleaner sound with less mids:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1750369

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ShyamSasi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

koge
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just got my One X. These are very useful tips!

Thanks!

C_S_R
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Screen shot is power button and home button, not vol down button.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C_S_R For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

420kushking
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_S_R View Post

You are right on that one. The correct sequence is to hold the power button, then press the home button.

Some other tricks that made my user experience better were:

Limit your data or set a data limit warning. Great feature. It only monitors data over the mobile network, however you can show the wifi data as well if you wish. Some ROMS have had this in the past, however it was sometimes unreliable.This is a built in sense 4.0 feature and works great.

Disable "Auto Review" in camera settings>continuous shooting mode. This will give you the best burst shooting experience and you will be able to easily switch to different camera modes, without the annoying best shot feature popping up. Also disable Limit to 20 frames to get up to 99 continuous photos.

Go to settings>more>nfc Enable nfc and scan your smart credit cards or any nfc tag, or nfc enabled phone.

If you use face unlock, go to settings>security>screen lock>face unlock>improve face matching. It drastically improves the time it takes for your phone to recognize your face.

Try out the friendstream lockscreen. Its pretty cool, some people may hate it, others may love it.

Hope this helps
HTC One X International Version
Asus Transformer Prime Tf-201 (junk)
MyTouch 4g Slide
Google G-2
Google G-1 OG Android phone
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 420kushking For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rycon33
Old
Thanks Meter 1,259
In settings, power, Fast boot - when checked you are only doing a hot boot when you select Restart in power menu, uncheck it and you have the normal reboot(preferred).

And btw, both methods mentioned above posts on screenshot works.

Sent either from my Arc or One X using xda premium
My Nexus 5 mods for PA
My Xperia SP on Paranoid Android
My Family's Android devices - xperia P, xperia SP, xperia TX, moto G, and nexus 5

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rycon33 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ShyamSasi
Old
Thanks Meter 1,734

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_S_R View Post

Power Button and Volume down works as well it a ICS Tweak works on most of the ICS Models. Just tested it. Hold your power button + Volume down for around 3 seconds it will take a screenshot

keeenif
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Hi,

I came from a HTC desire which had a track pad so I am not sure if this is a new thing.

But to move the cursor left or right while typing, you can press the volume up / down to move it. Found it pretty helpful.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to keeenif For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hetalmp
Old
Thanks Meter 17
For the HTC swype keyboard which is swype on a much bigger keyboard.

Go to settings, keyboard. Then HTC input and enable the trace feature. It's replaced swype for me now.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hetalmp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

samuelong87
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by keeenif View Post
Hi,

I came from a HTC desire which had a track pad so I am not sure if this is a new thing.

But to move the cursor left or right while typing, you can press the volume up / down to move it. Found it pretty helpful.
Hmm. this is new! But doesnt seem to work for me. still goes into volume control. Did I miss out something?