[ROM][UCLB3] PharmNerd's ROM v1.0 - Stock Themed
Anxiously anticipated by no one, I present the creatively-named PharmNerd's ROM.
(SPOILER: It's Stock Themed!)
The Goal: Dump the bloat, add a tiny bit of functionality, but still retain all of the useful stock features & appearance. Since not everyone wants to be stuck with the apps that I find useful, they're all uninstallable.
About the only things here that aren't included in other ROMs are Google's Car Home & Desk Clock
(so you aren't stuck using the awful Samsung Car/Desk Home apps). Also, the stock battery indicator shows yellow or red
to indicate low battery.
Theme is pure, unadulterated stock
(plus Dman's EPM mod). Aside from the non-stock kernel, there are only some relatively tame build.prop tweaks included, to avoid introducing any new bugs outside of what the stock ROM includes.
Since I don't plan to do big system-level tweaks in this ROM, I expect that any future updates will be available in CWM-flashable patch form (so you don't have to set everything up again from scratch).
: bedwa (Infusion kernel), bigfau (for video fix), dman3285 (for UCLB3 base and EPM mod), MaliciousIntent69 (for helping me iron out some of the kinks), qkster (moral support)
Copy ZIP file to your phone's internal SD. Make backups of any app's data you want to preserve. Internal & External SD card contents won't be deleted; everything else will.
Boot Into Red
CWM (Completely power off your phone, hold volume up + volume down, then hold the power button & release power button when the Samsung logo appears. Continue holding Vol Up/Down until you see the CWM menu).
Once In CWM...
- Wipe Data/Factory Reset
- Wipe Cache
- Advanced --> Wipe Dalvik Cache
- Mounts & Storage --> Format System, Format Data, Format Cache
- Flash ZIP file to your phone
- Advanced --> Wipe Dalvik Cache again, and Fix Permissions (maybe not necessary...just in case)
HDMI-out does not work. Fix: Use SGS Kernel Flasher to flash Entropy's latest test kernel (as of 4/15 this will cause you to lose desk dock functionality).
TWEAKS / FIXES:
- Screen stays on when plugged into desk dock [WHEN DESK CLOCK APP OPEN]
- build.prop tweaks (proximity sensor timer, force launcher into memory, 100% JPG quality, render UI w/GPU, Touch/scroll responsiveness, Photo/video quality, wifi scan interval increased from 15 to 30 sec)
- Video playback works (thanks bigfau)
(All in /data/app, allowing easy uninstall):
- FasterFix v1.6.1
- Galaxy Dock Sound Redirector v1.8 (for dock audio with Google car/desk apps)
- Google Car Home 220.127.116.11
- Google Desk Clock v2.0.2 (modded to run in /data/app, renamed from "Clock" to "Desk Clock")
- Google Talk 1.3 Installer
- SGS Kernel Flasher v1.6.2
- Swype Installer v2.0
- Titanium Backup v18.104.22.168
Allshare, AT&T Code Scanner, AT&T Family Map, AT&T Navigator, AT&T Uverse TV, Buddies Now, Days, Dual Clock, Facebook, Google Books, Mini Diary, Media Hub, My AT&T, Samsung Social Widget, Swype (so you can install the latest beta), Tethering Manager, wssync*.apk / WlanTest.apk (AT&T OTA Updates), Yellow Pages
DOWNLOAD PHARMNERD'S ROM v1.0
Disclaimer: By using this, you agree not to blame me for now and ever if you brick your phone.