FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Can't relock bootloader with "fastboot oem lock" strange error message

17th April 2012, 12:17 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I'm trying to relock my HTCDEV unlocked IncS with fastboot, but it won't set the status to **Relocked** in HBOOT.

Code:
C:\android>fastboot.exe oem lock
...
(bootloader) Lock successfully...
FAILED (status read failed (No such file or directory))
finished. total time: 1.010s
The phone reboots right away to white htc screen.

The status is still **Unlocked**

Not sure if /system should be empty though. Maybe a relation to my problems.

Code:
C:\android>adb shell ls -la /system
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Jan  1  1970 .
drwxr-xr-x   18 root     root             0 Jan  9 12:04 ..
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root             0 Jan  1  1970 bin

C:\android>adb shell ls -la /system/bin
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root             0 Jan  1  1970 .
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Jan  1  1970 ..
 
 
17th April 2012, 04:03 AM |#2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,706
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabih

I'm trying to relock my HTCDEV unlocked IncS with fastboot, but it won't set the status to **Relocked** in HBOOT.

Code:
C:\android>fastboot.exe oem lock
...
(bootloader) Lock successfully...
FAILED (status read failed (No such file or directory))
finished. total time: 1.010s
The phone reboots right away to white htc screen.

The status is still **Unlocked**

Not sure if /system should be empty though. Maybe a relation to my problems.

Code:
C:\android>adb shell ls -la /system
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Jan  1  1970 .
drwxr-xr-x   18 root     root             0 Jan  9 12:04 ..
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root             0 Jan  1  1970 bin

C:\android>adb shell ls -la /system/bin
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root             0 Jan  1  1970 .
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root             0 Jan  1  1970 ..

Yes I believe that having a wiped /system partition is the problem.

I suggest you flash CWM 5.0.2.0 and then flash this stocked, rooted ROM

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1430535
The Following User Says Thank You to tpbklake For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 04:17 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 995
 
More
Question is, why would you even be attempting to lock the boot loader with no rom installed? You do understand the concept of a locked bootloader right?
17th April 2012, 01:29 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonverbose

Question is, why would you even be attempting to lock the boot loader with no rom installed? You do understand the concept of a locked bootloader right?

I try to lock it because it is said it's required to run a RUU. Maybe I don't quite understand the concept of the bootloader. :-/

I think my phone is bricked. Can't even update CWM to version 5 through HBoot. It just stops when it starts writing the recovery image to the phone. (After I've gone through the unlock process)

I'll just send it back and see what they say.

Update: I'll give tpblake's RUU a try first.
17th April 2012, 02:17 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 995
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabih

I try to lock it because it is said it's required to run a RUU. Maybe I don't quite understand the concept of the bootloader. :-/

I think my phone is bricked. Can't even update CWM to version 5 through HBoot. It just stops when it starts writing the recovery image to the phone. (After I've gone through the unlock process)

I'll just send it back and see what they say.

Update: I'll give tpblake's RUU a try first.

Could you provide a list of files in your PC's fast boot directory?
17th April 2012, 03:50 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonverbose

Could you provide a list of files in your PC's fast boot directory?

Code:
 Directory of c:\android

17.04.2012  16:49    <DIR>          .
17.04.2012  16:49    <DIR>          ..
18.12.2011  00:21           162*816 adb.exe
18.12.2011  00:21            96*256 AdbWinApi.dll
24.08.2011  09:39           183*651 fastboot.exe
17.04.2012  16:49    <DIR>          misc
14.04.2012  22:44               256 Unlock_code.bin
               4 File(s)        442*979 bytes
               3 Dir(s)   7*490*568*192 bytes free
17th April 2012, 05:03 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Adelaide
Thanks Meter: 995
 
More
Not sure if it's relevant, but you're missing a dll file AdbWinUsbApi.dll. You could try downloading the zip from my thread in the sticky posts (link in my sig) as it has a confirmed functional fastboot directory contained in it.

Then you should try flashing a custom recovery in fastboot mode by copying the recovery.img file to the files directory and inputting the command
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
24th August 2014, 09:09 PM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Bootloader relock fail! after flashing stock rom
I Have another strang error Message when i try to relock my bootloader with my moto g after flashing back to stock rom because i want to
use ota updates but last time i did it with the stock recovery it failed and was stuck in a bootloop.

3\MotoToolAioV3>fastboot oem lock
...
(bootloader) FAIL: Please run fastboot oem lock begin first!
(bootloader) sst lock failure!
OKAY [ 0.020s]
finished. total time: 0.022s
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes