FORUMS

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

[rom][ICS][UCLE2] ∞ EMBRYO-3.2 ∞ [03-JUN-2012]

1,035 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,393
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
17th April 2012, 04:47 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag In Nebraska
Thanks Meter: 4,393
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgs2_1.6

Where the weather widget?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by capita

Testing his baby out. Liking it a lot so far. Small issue, Fc when trying to set weather on lock screen under display settings.




Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

Added all the weather widgets I could find as an CWM zip in the OP (see attachments)..This should enable that for you folks.

I will not be able to check back till later tonite..
The Following User Says Thank You to mohan_kr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
17th April 2012, 04:48 PM |#12  
artbybart's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
Question CWM & Modem
Hey mohan, thank you for your hardwork. Couple of questions, since I haven't tried your rom yet:
1. I'm using CWM 5.0.2.6, will the current version work or do I need to upgrade it? What do you recommend?
2. I'm using "first" ICS leak with UCALC4 modem, will I need to flash your rom plus the radio, or just your rom (since the modem is already incorporated in it)?

Thanks.
17th April 2012, 04:51 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag In Nebraska
Thanks Meter: 4,393
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by artbybart

Hey mohan, thank you for your hardwork. Couple of questions, since I haven't tried your rom yet:
1. I'm using CWM 5.0.2.6, will the current version work or do I need to upgrade it? What do you recommend?
2. I'm using "first" ICS leak with UCALC4 modem, will I need to flash your rom plus the radio, or just your rom (since the modem is already incorporated in it)?

Thanks.

* Not sure about CWM 5.0.2.6. I use the 5.5.0.4 here.
* If you install this ROM. Then you can flash the radio afterwards, the link is there for UCLD2. Next few days, I will create zips for backing out various radios..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mohan_kr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 05:27 PM |#14  
midgetzombiekiller's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Colony,Texas
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
Thumbs up
Love this rom! Awesome work!
17th April 2012, 06:39 PM |#15  
raider03's Avatar
Senior Member
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 197
 
More
Talking aah you got the toggle mod working thank you!
  • Kernel (UCLD2) is included.
  • I will provide a separate zip for UCLD2 modem (later).
  • Debloated with care. (Let me know if you need specific APKS, I need good battery life, hence had to purge a bunch of things).
  • zipaligned
  • The usual busybox, ChainFire SU (superuser), bash.
  • Tethering Support, both HotSpot and USB.
  • Call Recording. (replaces Add Call Button)
  • 15 toggle mod (PORTED from Wanam ROM, thanks wanam).
  • Circle battery.
  • Titanium Backup
  • Bunch of other tweaks..will update...
Please NO themeing requests, at least not right now.

Man you beat me to it i almost had it working but I messed up something because my SystemUI kept crashing! LOL... can I use this on my rom if you don't mind? THANKS!
17th April 2012, 09:07 PM |#16  
tonyfiore75's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 152
 
More
Everything is working well for me except that there is still a problem setting homescreen wallpaper. Obviously not a huge deal as I just use WSS. Just thought I'd mention it. Thanks so much for all of your hard work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA
17th April 2012, 09:27 PM |#17  
latinohot's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag all over the u.s.a
Thanks Meter: 195
 
More
I'm glad the native tethering app now works as it should, thank-you chef
17th April 2012, 10:31 PM |#18  
artbybart's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 73
 
More
Thumbs up Looking good!
So far so good, got a bit bumpy on the way but got there eventually! I flashed cwm touch (took couple of attempts before getting it right) then flashed the rom then the modem. During the initial bootup process, it got hung up at the "Android" sign. Went back into cwm and reflashed the rom and modem then it booted up all the way.
1. I restored using tibu and looks good so far.
2. I also installed apex launcher (kinda like it more than tw launcher).

REQUEST: any chance you can add options for "Recovery" and "Download" in the extended menu? That would be awesome!!
17th April 2012, 11:27 PM |#19  
tonyfiore75's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 152
 
More
One other minor and somewhat insignificant thing I've noticed since installation (and since fixing permissions and all that):

- The phone does not make an unlock sound upon unlocking (even when that feature is chosen in System Settings--> Sound--> Screen lock sound

Just thought I'd mention it.
17th April 2012, 11:39 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag In Nebraska
Thanks Meter: 4,393
 
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfiore75

Everything is working well for me except that there is still a problem setting homescreen wallpaper. Obviously not a huge deal as I just use WSS. Just thought I'd mention it. Thanks so much for all of your hard work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfiore75

One other minor and somewhat insignificant thing I've noticed since installation (and since fixing permissions and all that):

- The phone does not make an unlock sound upon unlocking (even when that feature is chosen in System Settings--> Sound--> Screen lock sound

Just thought I'd mention it.

* Wallpaper: yeah I left out that apk..will post the apk later.
* Sounds: You have to crank up the Volume for System Sounds. It is working for me..will have to triage that...if not so. Also, you shouldn't have to do fix permissions, I have carefully recrafted the permissions and also I have no idea what the Fix Permissions in the recovery does, hopefully it didn't mess things up .
17th April 2012, 11:50 PM |#21  
tonyfiore75's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 152
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohan_kr

* Wallpaper: yeah I left out that apk..will post the apk later.
* Sounds: You have to crank up the Volume for System Sounds. It is working for me..will have to triage that...if not so. Also, you shouldn't have to do fix permissions, I have carefully recrafted the permissions and also I have no idea what the Fix Permissions in the recovery does, hopefully it didn't mess things up .

Thanks for the quick response, as usual.

Is the wallpaper setting an .apk? Weird. I mean, I CAN set the wallpaper using the default system (which utilizes the Gallery) but the dimensions of the homescreen wallpaper seem to be that of the lockscreen wallpaper. I know that this has been an ongoing problem with the ICS leaks but you developers seem to have fixed this issue along the way.

As far as the sounds go... maybe the Fix Permissions did mess it up? I dunno. It's something I always do automatically once I have all of my apps installed and everything is set. That could definitely be the reason for my lockscreen sounds being amiss. You learn something new every day, I suppose. I did CRANK up the system sounds but that didn't make a difference. I hear all of the other system sounds just fine. And come to think of it, I actually think I remember hearing the unlock sound when I first installed your ROM. D'OH!

Thanks again. Maybe I'll just reflash... or maybe I'll just deal with it.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
embryo, mohan, ucld2, ucle2
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes