No registration required

Update to ICS available this morning

OP camenachero

26th April 2012, 03:38 PM   |  #111  
Flag Elsmere
Thanks Meter: 7

96 posts
More
I'm becoming obsessed checking my A100 for the update every couple of hours. I live in KY. Oh well, maybe if I check again, it will finally be there.

Darald
26th April 2012, 03:53 PM   |  #112  
Europe
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofball2k

Checked and got mine this morning. Had to downgrade from the RC03 version I was running back to HC 2007.01 but did all the required upgrades (2) before I got the notice to update to ICS. Located in Ottawa.

Why did you had to downgrade ?
26th April 2012, 06:30 PM   |  #113  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 165

752 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansul

Why did you had to downgrade ?

I checked before and it never found an OTA update. So I downgraded, and the OTA update was there.
The Following User Says Thank You to goofball2k For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 07:05 PM   |  #114  
Europe
Thanks Meter: 1

24 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofball2k

I checked before and it never found an OTA update. So I downgraded, and the OTA update was there.

I see. Did you used one of the stock HC roms available here in the forums? Thanks.
26th April 2012, 08:38 PM   |  #115  
Thanks Meter: 47

199 posts
.......................is there a reason why some of you don't just install the 014 stock rom from the dev section? It's the same rom as the ota....
26th April 2012, 08:53 PM   |  #116  
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
Is OTA ICS upgrade the same as the last beta?
I have 2 A100 tablets. On one I have been running the leaked betas of ICS and on the other I have been running stock 3.21. A couple of days ago I received the notice to do the OTA upgrade to ICS on the Honeycomb tablet. Much to my surprise, when the update was done, it showed the same version as the leaked beta: The Image version is Acer_AV041_A100_RV01RC03_WW_GEN1. This looks like a "release candidate" beta to me, not a final version of the operating system.

This sounds like Acer is sending out a late beta on the air. They appear to still be polishing ICS and I suspect we can expect other minor revisions, hopefully soon. Since ICS locks up much more than Honecomb and runs slower for many tasks, I hope they will continue to polish it.
26th April 2012, 09:23 PM   |  #117  
Thanks Meter: 6

34 posts
RC does not necessarily mean Release Candidate
It's a pretty big jump to assume that RC necessarily means "Release Candidate". The label that they used for the build has meaning only internally to Acer.

I have installed all of the leaked builds including the final one from ZeroNull. I have to say there is progressive improvement in reliability and usability.

I did find that you do need to do a factory reset after installing the upgrade from HoneyComb. If you don't, the upgrade does not clean out remnants of HC and you will have issues.
26th April 2012, 10:41 PM   |  #118  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 211

385 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by isketerol

It's a pretty big jump to assume that RC necessarily means "Release Candidate". The label that they used for the build has meaning only internally to Acer.

I have installed all of the leaked builds including the final one from ZeroNull. I have to say there is progressive improvement in reliability and usability.

I did find that you do need to do a factory reset after installing the upgrade from HoneyComb. If you don't, the upgrade does not clean out remnants of HC and you will have issues.

I have been wondering the same thing. I do not see how people just assume that means Release Candidate 3. I have yet to see any Beta or Alpha in the build string. Plus, I have never seen anyone use RC03 when referring to RC3. I believe it is just an assumption with no basis that is floating around.
26th April 2012, 10:50 PM   |  #119  
Flag Ottawa
Thanks Meter: 165

752 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansul

I see. Did you used one of the stock HC roms available here in the forums? Thanks.

Yes, I was using the stock roms from the thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1544486

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeb

.......................is there a reason why some of you don't just install the 014 stock rom from the dev section? It's the same rom as the ota....

If you mean from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1611696 I did but I wanted to ensure that I had the official OTA since I may have to send this unit back to Acer for repair, it doesn't always detect an SD card when inserted and I have to eject and reinsert a few times.
The Following User Says Thank You to goofball2k For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2012, 04:18 AM   |  #120  
Flag linden
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
More
question
Has anyone received the update while being stock rooted only with 3.2? I am rooted and I want to make sure that I can still get it and if not I will flash other version, couldn't hurt to see. Let me know please thanks peoples!

Coop

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread