[Q] ics rom upgrade infuse 4g help

Search This thread

tripartist1

Jan 15, 2012
Atlanta, GA
So Im a new member to the site for the most part (have been reviewing threads for more than a year now, though) and decided to finally sign up while trying to flash CM9 ICS on my infuse. Im running into issues. I currently am running ZUES Build 6, with the ICS theme / framework. I LOVED CM7 for the Ascend, so decided to give it (CM) a try on my infuse. The Dev threads say that i should have no issues b/c Im flashing from a UCBL3 / GB ROM, but when i try to just flash it, its an invalid package...? I tried flashing over the ICS recovery from both Hiemdall and Odin but hiemdall needs a "valid tar.gz" and i also encountered the same type of issues with Odin. Ive used Odin before to flash to stock, but im a complete noob to Hiemdall. Any help from an experienced Dev or another flashoholic is greatly appreciated! dont have 10 posts to ask in the Dev section yet...:mad:

excise

Jan 20, 2012
Maine
Could you be trying to flash a .zip file that is designed to be flashed in CWM recovery via Heimdall or Odin? I don't have an Infuse but I'm currently running AOKP on my Galaxy SII and the files posted by in that development thread are CWM flashable.

tripartist1

Jan 15, 2012
Atlanta, GA
ive tried in all 3...cwm says
"Cant open /sdcard/update-cm-9.0.0-RCO-infused4g-04152012-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip
(bad)
installation aborted"
I figured it was a bad DL...tried 2 other DLs, no luck

they said to flash from gb to flash a file called ICSRecovery.tar.... how would i go about doing this...i have red cwm like needed. im completely lost here...And thanks for replying.

edit: here are the pages, and is your rom ICS

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24665001&postcount=272

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1593187

Last edited:

excise

Jan 20, 2012
Maine
I does sound like a bad download, redownloading would have been my first instinct as well.

Rereading your post, it seems like maybe you haven't been able to successfully flash the ICSRecovery.tar that jt1134 mentioned in the first link you posted. Entropy512 doesn't mention needing to flash that recovery before the .zip but it may be implied, I haven't read nearly enough of the pertinent threads. You should be able to flash the .tar using Mobile Odin.

It looks like you pulled the download from Entropy's thread here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1601844

Entropy left some pretty detailed instructions that should be easy enough to follow after you've overcome this initial hurdle.

tripartist1

Jan 15, 2012
Atlanta, GA
so you suppose i install mobile odin...will try, and will keep progress updates

update:mobile odin not available for my device...must dump... :/ 30 minutes...............
Update: i was able to flash the recovery image for ICS through sgs kernal flasher, reboot, and get rainbow recovery. it WAS a bad DL, the ICS recovery couldnt flash it...but when i tried to reboot normal, i got into what i call IRONY!!! i was stuck in a recovery loop ( you see the irony in that, right?). reboot put me back in recovery again every time i clicked the option...i was able to get out of the recovery loop by flashing the zues 6 rom (because the ICS couldnt read the boot image of my backup) then from there i rebooted and got the voodoo recovery (huge relief). I was then able to restore my backup (after practically drenching myself in sweat)! I will be uploading an image of the rainbow recovery, as its been dubbed, for those who would like to see what a pain in the ass it is......... :(

Last edited: