30th May 2012, 07:57 AM   |  #201  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 711

1,052 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by code72

I can't play mini motor racing with gamekeyboard, followed instructions and when the game is running buttons doesn't work.

I'm on JokaWildRom V3 and DoomKernel #14

I regret to inform you that this may be your problem.

I don't know what it is about the way rom/kernel cookers are cookin', but every instance I hear of GameKeyboard flat out not working seems to always come from a rom that doesn't keep the stock integrity together (a dead giveaway is if Circle is read as back instead of being read as Circle).
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightLoz

Thanks for the help. I can now play moto x mayhem with the gamepad. Although there a slight problem, when I press the r button it does a front flip and when I press l it does a backflip. I find this confusing to get used to so is there any way to invert the controls? Eg. When I press r it does a backflip and when I press l it does a front flip?

I could modify the GKP, but honestly it's so easy that I think you'd benefit more if I taught you how to do it.

After loading up GameKeyboard and the associated GKP, hold the menu key down or open it from the GK settings... then you'll see where everything I've setup is located. From there you can touch-drag the virtual L and R keys to swap their position. It's that easy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanooo

Has anybody managed to get the swipe actions working on temple run? Like using the dpad to swipe up down left right
It doesnt seem to work for me but ive no real idea how to do it

Haven't tried it in Temple Run, but I'm getting closer and closer to a functional setup for Captain America (EVERYTHING in that game is based on swipes).
Last edited by TLRtheory; 30th May 2012 at 08:05 AM.
30th May 2012, 04:19 PM   |  #202  
Thanks Meter: 3

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gururise

Because the author of GameKeyboard also has a DOS emulator, he is actively blocking GameKeyboard from working on other DOS emulators! WTF? I'll pass..

I just purchased GameKeyboard the other day, and didn't get a chance to fully test it within the 15 min refund window. I very quickly learned that it doesn't work on other DOS emulators except the authors own. I contacted the author, and he was adamant that it was not his fault, but instead it was the fault of the other emulator (which now appears to be an outright lie - see link in above post). I then asked for a refund, and that's where our conversation went downhill....

He said he can only issue a refund if I leave a positive 5 star review, I told him I would not lie, which is when he basically told me to screw myself. I lost $3, but learned a good lesson. So buyer beware, if you are planning to use this app in any emulator other than the authors own, he's probably programmed it to break down, and be prepared for author to blame the breakage on the other app.
Last edited by tomaspeng; 30th May 2012 at 06:20 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tomaspeng For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2012, 04:28 PM   |  #203  

1,052 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxkillor

If i got it right its for blueizme (or similiar ^^) devices which are connected via bt. At the moment its not for xplay touchpads. Tbh i dont even think we will get it, because of ics, but of course i really hope theyll integrate it, as im not planning to update on ics ^^ ( ics costs even more power and my xpla already feels on 2.3.7 like it is on its limits)

Yep, it's currently only BluezIME.

Seems there was another GameKeyboard update such that ICS users would be able to take advantage of the analogs (I'd verify, but I'm way too comfy with 2.3.7 TrueAncestor)... but even if we were to assume that's correct, that just gives us yet another Joystick Center 6 that only the ICS-using minority can utilize.

News so far doesn't seem particularly hopeful, but it also doesn't seem like the author's completely given up hope of making this fully-fleshed out with analogs for the majority that's still on GB.
Last edited by TLRtheory; 30th May 2012 at 04:37 PM.
30th May 2012, 05:27 PM   |  #204  
Thanks Meter: 4

181 posts
Quote:

Thanks for the help. I can now play moto x mayhem with the gamepad. Although there a slight problem, when I press the r button it does a front flip and when I press l it does a backflip. I find this confusing to get used to so is there any way to invert the controls? Eg. When I press r it does a backflip and when I press l it does a front flip?

can anyone edit the .gkp file?
31st May 2012, 03:53 PM   |  #205  
Thanks Meter: 7

79 posts
More
I can't seem to remap the o button it says back button not supported.. Any suggestions? Thanks

Sent from outer space using xda app on xplay
31st May 2012, 08:26 PM   |  #206  
Thanks Meter: 66

445 posts
Read & Follow. Include watching the Youtube Video, didnt get any problem setting this up.

Sent by Abie Cruz via Xperia PLAY r800i
1st June 2012, 05:20 PM   |  #207  

181 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLRtheory

I regret to inform you that this may be your problem.
After loading up GameKeyboard and the associated GKP, hold the menu key down or open it from the GK settings... then you'll see where everything I've setup is located. From there you can touch-drag the virtual L and R keys to swap their position. It's that easy

Ive loaded the GKP file but I dont know what to do from there. When I hold down the menu button, it shows my all the apps that was running. Ive tried looking in the settings but couldnt find anything were you could touch-drag the virtual buttons.

Do you mean open gamekeyboard via the hotkey when moto mayhem is running and then swap the virtal keys? If yes then it still didnt work.
2nd June 2012, 01:03 PM   |  #208  
Flag tehran
Thanks Meter: 196

1,589 posts
More
i need your help mate

how can i use H/W button for mass effect ?!

also can you please let me know how can i run game-keyboard when i runing the games - both !!

i'm sorry for my stupid question
2nd June 2012, 01:54 PM   |  #209  

1,052 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Ive loaded the GKP file but I dont know what to do from there. When I hold down the menu button, it shows my all the apps that was running. Ive tried looking in the settings but couldnt find anything were you could touch-drag the virtual buttons.

Do you mean open gamekeyboard via the hotkey when moto mayhem is running and then swap the virtal keys? If yes then it still didnt work.

Try this;
Open up the GameKeyboard app and load the MotoXmayhem GKP.
After long pressing on the "Step 2" box, you'll see "Input Method"
Tap "Input Method," and Change to GameKeyboard
Tap in the "Step 3" box area, and the entire layout I've created for you should appear just like this:

As soon as you see that layout, just touch the virtual LB and you should be able to drag it down to where RB is (and same goes for putting RB where LB is displayed)

If that still doesn't make sense (or work), I'll just do it myself.
2nd June 2012, 11:37 PM   |  #210  

181 posts
Thanks I finally got it working in the end. Although now square is to accelerate. Oh well still good

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread