Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,865 Members 44,364 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Would you recommend Kindle Fire for a first Tablet?

Tip us?

shravbits
Old
Thanks Meter 186
Kindle Fire was my first tablet and I love it!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to shravbits For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TunedReference
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shravbits View Post
Kindle Fire was my first tablet and I love it!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
Yup, and it's way more fun since ditching the Amazon software for ICS ROMs.

dubt17
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Get it! Cheap, and will only get cheaper! Plus, the hacktivity on xda is enormous!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA
Google LG Nexus 4 8GB

Zardos66
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Picked mine up when they had the refurbs on sale for $139. Love it to death. Very easy to root and install Roms with thanks to XDA.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium
Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.

Nexus 5 - Stock rooted.

ryanhuong
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I like the Fire so much I just bought another one for a family member. About to flash ICS and hopefully never go back to stock.

swc2001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Thankyou to everyone who posted. I do see the kindle fire as a good solid option and I love the dev community you guys have built here. I really think you guys have somthing special going on here. However I think I may be tempted by the Nook Tablet. After you root it and repartition the Hard Drive. You have way more space than the kf. The Nook also has an SD slot. The display is a little better as well. IT also has a gig of memory vs the KF 512. So I think ima go with it. I tell ya this though I sure would have enjoyed the society here. You guys seem to be top notch. THANKS FOR YALLS HELP
Hope y'all have a good one.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

noahawesome
Old
(Last edited by noahawesome; 21st April 2012 at 05:18 AM.) Reason: miss spell
Thanks Meter 0
If youplan on rooting go with the fire if not get the galaxy's tab. I on my kf right now by the way and it has built in flash that works great!

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Oh and I enjoy the dev work also thanks devs hey what ever happened to Geo httoz speaking of developers we are anoyamos we are piton what the heck is that and anoumos is slept worng great now I cant spell well cool anoumos crap I think ill just leave it there to!

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Oh and I enjoy the dev work also thanks devs hey what ever happened to Geo httoz speaking of developers we are anoyamos we are piton what the heck is that and anoumos is slept worng great now I cant spell well cool anoumos crap I think ill just leave it there to!

aarons510
Old
(Last edited by aarons510; 21st April 2012 at 08:06 AM.) Reason: Minor improvement in clarity.
Thanks Meter 8
Default Nook Color better, IMO, than Kindle Fire.

I'd recommend the Nook Color over the Kindle Fire. The main difference, aside from the fact that it's a bit cheaper, is that it has an SDcard slot that not only provides up to 32GB of extra space, but allows you to boot from ROMs on the card without altering the Nook itself. This also makes it a lot harder to brick, or easier to unbrick, than the Fire. You can, of course, put ROMs on the internal memory, just as you can with the Fire. Look at the Nook Color forum on this site for more info.

The Nook Tablet is another matter. I don't know much about it, but I understand that B&N has made it a lot harder to hack than the Nook Color, You can check the forum for the Nook Tablet here on xda to see how much success devs have had so far with overcoming its protections.

ma.da.ladla
Old
Thanks Meter 4
nook color.is.nothing in front of kindle.fire.and nook tablet is same like kindle.fire but with sd card slot and cheap build quality i have used both and kindle is like solid metal and nook tablet is like cheap plastic

now kernel 3.0 is supporting otg and u can connect usb drives and hard drives with it

so go for kindle fire u will not regret

Sent From my Kindle Fire
Setupetails are Below
Cm7 Barebones+Raven's Kernel
Minimum:300 Higher 1200mhz
Go launcher Ex With MIUI Theme
Games:MC3,Fifa 2012,Real Racing 2,Stick Cricket,Gangster Rio....
Apps:Mx Video Player,JetVid,Titanium Backup,Opera Mobile,Dolphin HD,Adobe Reader

scottinokc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I love the KF (granted, it's my first tablet experience), I bought one new and another for my son off of Craigslist. Flashed them both and haven't looked back.