FORUMS

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[KERNEL][PLAY][CDMA R800x][Stock 2.3.3 Rom] Stock with Overclock 1.6GHz

18th April 2012, 06:44 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 192
 
More
What is this:
This is the Verizon Xperia Play R800x Stock Kernel for 2.3.3 WITH OVERCLOCK TO 1.6GHz.

What works:
Absolutely EVERYTHING!

What doesn't work:
You tell me.

Who deserves credit:
KeiranFTW <-- This Guy
and all our other developers which always have helpful info when I google something!

Story:
KeiranFTW made this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1400127
but WiFi was broken for R800x.
So I fixed it!
How? Used his kernel with stock ramdisk.

How to use:
1. Download file attached to this post: r800x-stock-overclock.img
2. You must have unlocked bootloader.
3. using fastboot type in the following command:
Code:
fastboot -i 0x0fce flash boot r800x-stock-overclock.img
4. This will not erase your data.
5. This has only been tested on R800x with stock 2.3.3.

Note:
The original kernel had recovery added (by pressing back button on boot), this one does not have that recovery.
You can use this recovery instead: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...vy.CWMinstaler, after installing press VOLUME DOWN after bot to enter recovery.
Attached Files
File Type: img r800x-stock-overclock.img - [Click for QR Code] (3.72 MB, 1761 views)
Last edited by hatcyl; 18th April 2012 at 07:12 AM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hatcyl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
18th April 2012, 06:45 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 192
 
More
RESERVED
18th April 2012, 02:52 PM |#3  
zektor's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Great job! Any chance of getting the recovery back in the kernel tho? Either way, again, great job!
18th April 2012, 08:26 PM |#4  
paxChristos's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 1,561
 
Donate to Me
More
Bravo good sir, bravo, keep up the good work!

Pax
18th April 2012, 09:20 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 192
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zektor

Great job! Any chance of getting the recovery back in the kernel tho? Either way, again, great job!

Sorry, probably not ... is there anything that the recovery in kernel does that the one that gets installed with the app doesn't?

Sent from my R800x using XDA
18th April 2012, 10:10 PM |#6  
paxChristos's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 1,561
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatcyl

Sorry, probably not ... is there anything that the recovery in kernel does that the one that gets installed with the app doesn't?

Sent from my R800x using XDA

It's kinda nice having it in the ramdisk, because then you never have to worry about it (because it works on boot, no matter what :P)
18th April 2012, 10:23 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 192
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxChristos

It's kinda nice having it in the ramdisk, because then you never have to worry about it (because it works on boot, no matter what :P)

I see, that makes sense ... If you flash a custom ROM and it goes wrong you'll have to get back to a PC to fix it if you don't have recovery in the kernel.

Ok, I can try ... But I've never done that before so any pointers would be great.

Sent from my R800x using XDA
18th April 2012, 10:37 PM |#8  
KeiranFTW's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Sunderland
Thanks Meter: 2,729
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatcyl

I see, that makes sense ... If you flash a custom ROM and it goes wrong you'll have to get back to a PC to fix it if you don't have recovery in the kernel.

Ok, I can try ... But I've never done that before so any pointers would be great.

Sent from my R800x using XDA

Just split DooMKernel CDMA boot.img into zImage and ramdisk and kindly use his ram disk

Sent from my Dark R800i using Tapatalk 2
18th April 2012, 10:45 PM |#9  
paxChristos's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 1,561
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeiranFTW

Just split DooMKernel CDMA boot.img into zImage and ramdisk and kindly use his ram disk

Sent from my Dark R800i using Tapatalk 2

Doesn't using dooms ramdisk break wifi when coming from another kernel?

Sent from my phone, please excuse any Swypos.
18th April 2012, 10:50 PM |#10  
KeiranFTW's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Sunderland
Thanks Meter: 2,729
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paxChristos

Doesn't using dooms ramdisk break wifi when coming from another kernel?

Sent from my phone, please excuse any Swypos.

No, it shouldn't, if you remove his WiFi modules

Sent from my Dark R800i using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
overclock, play, r800x, stock, verizon
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes