18th April 2012, 04:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag High Point, NC, USA
Thanks Meter: 1,115

2,723 posts
More
Did anyone see this on bgr?
http://www.bgr.com/2012/04/17/atts-4...less-services/
They basically say Sprint lags behind everyone in 3G and 4G. I personally get really good 3G speeds (>1mbps), and 4G when I can get it but it is not at my house or work. Just in between. Not wanting to be a whiner. I feel like when Sprint rolls out LTE and Network Vision everywhere we'll be back. I'm rather happy with my wireless data, but it seems we are right now missing out on a lot.
18th April 2012, 04:51 PM   |  #2  
Flag East SF-Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 694

2,967 posts
More
My 3g speeds are just pathetic now. They used to be decent, like in the 800 plus range at work. Now I'm lucky if I pull 100kbps. Plus I always drop in and out and even go to roaming sometimes. Please hurry up the roll out sprint.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
18th April 2012, 04:56 PM   |  #3  
Flag Gretna,La
Thanks Meter: 22

142 posts
Donate to Me
More
You guys have it made.I cant even browse facebook most days.Thats why I call it
"Sprint - The (i hope you dont need it right) Now Network.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktulu909 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2012, 04:59 PM   |  #4  
Flag ferndale mi
Thanks Meter: 76

339 posts
More
This isn't anything new. They suck I give them 1 year. I like them a lot, just need to get their **** in order. The only reason I let them slide is price and I'm on wifi 20 hours of the day

18th April 2012, 05:12 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 291

1,377 posts
Sprint DOES lag behind on network speeds. Even with the upgrades they've done in my area. Things have improved, but I don't think they're anything to brag about. Even 4G wimax when I have a strong signal is pitiful. There are times I feel 4G wimax is like AT&T or T-Mobile 3G. I don't complain, really, because it's fast enough for me to get by. But... congrats on taking the red pill and waking up :)
18th April 2012, 05:32 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag High Point, NC, USA
Thanks Meter: 1,115

2,723 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by royshero

This isn't anything new. They suck I give them 1 year. I like them a lot, just need to get their **** in order. The only reason I let them slide is price and I'm on wifi 20 hours of the day

I kind of feel like this also. In a year or so from now, I expect to have fast LTE and good 3G as a backup. If that is not the case I may go elsewhere. Allthough I hate to lose unlimited data and the other perks of being with sprint.
18th April 2012, 07:24 PM   |  #7  
Flag Helotes, TX
Thanks Meter: 194

786 posts
More
my 3g and now 4g speeds are pretty pathetic. 3g is 100k most of the time except in the evenings when the towers are so overloaded it drops to 1x or 3g will just timeout on everything and 4g is now down to anywhere between 200k and 500k during the evening and 1.5-2mb during the rest of the time. yet sprint continues to say theres no problems in the area lol.
18th April 2012, 10:00 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 125

1,286 posts
This is definitely not news. My Sprint service has sucked for a while now.

I'm roaming often, and when I'm not roaming the signal is weak. When I'm lucky enough to get a good signal, 3G is still slower than dial up speeds, and 4G is slower than Verizon's 3G.

Sprint is in real trouble if they don't fix this. The only reason I am still with them is because I really do like my Evo 3D. No other carrier has a comparable phone, and I'm stuck in a contract anyway.

If Verizon got a Samsung Galaxy S 3D, I'd probably break my contract with Sprint to go to Verizon.

Who cares about unlimited data if it's practically unusable in most real world scenarios?

My city isn't even on the list of future LTE markets yet either, so I'm not holding my breath for that. I do have Wimax, but it's pretty crappy.

Sprint has totally fell off. I remember a few years ago when Sprint used to consistently be first or second in these data speed comparisons. Now I would have been shocked if they weren't picked last. And I'm sure most Sprint customers would have also been shocked if Sprint was anything but last in this most recent comparison.

Sprint has got more and more expensive over the years, and the service has got worse and worse. Not a very good outlook for the future at all.
18th April 2012, 10:21 PM   |  #9  
Flag Seattle, Wa
Thanks Meter: 448

2,589 posts
More
does anybody really think sprint lte will be fast? why do they not assume it will be similar to Wimax speeds?

sprint has 3g but nobody assumes it is as fast as the competition.

rude awakening! you will be unsatisfied with lte speeds and then you will realize that Wimax wasn't the problem, SPRINT is the problem
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewZJ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2012, 11:26 PM   |  #10  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 1,252

2,471 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by royshero

as soon as there network is upgraded... they will morph right into verizon's evil twin. price, and everything. just watch.

the only thing keeping them from not charging an ass load of money is that they are being outperformed in network capability in a lot of areas. i am fortunate to live in an area with very good 4g and 3g, so i can't complain. but man i sure feel your guys' pain with the slow network ****. that would be frustrating. it's like paying for wifi and your wifi is never working or never running fast.

The Following User Says Thank You to cobraboy85 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread