Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

T-Mobile HTC One S (US) Pricing.

OP FRuiTBoOT

18th April 2012, 06:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag seattle
Thanks Meter: 76

498 posts
More
Looks like Pricing for the HTC One S (US Tmobile version) was leaked or so tech article reads. Same price as HTC one X on AT&T w/ 2 year contract and $50 rebate. Should have been cheaper IMO.

http://www.bostonherald.com/business...&position=also

Sorry if this is not helpful to anyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to FRuiTBoOT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2012, 06:47 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
I'm more interested in the Retail off contract price. That's listed at $599 right now. Also it looks like the T-Mobile version isn't the MAO version. I was really looking forward to the MAO version despite all of the issues with it.

What bothers me the most is that AT&T will probably sell the higher classed HTC One X for the same price off contract. So Tmobile is overpricing their HTC One S seeing how it very obviously lies a tier below the One X according to HTC.

I understand it's Tmobile's flagship phone right now, but you still have to price it according to everything else on the market and not just what is available on your own network... that's how you lose customers.
The Following User Says Thank You to merkmal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2012, 06:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag seattle

498 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by merkmal

I'm more interested in the Retail off contract price. That's listed at $599 right now. Also it looks like the T-Mobile version isn't the MAO version. I was really looking forward to the MAO version despite all of the issues with it.

What bothers me the most is that AT&T will probably sell the higher classed HTC One X for the same price off contract. So Tmobile is overpricing their HTC One S seeing how it very obviously lies a tier below the One X according to HTC.

I understand it's Tmobile's flagship phone right now, but you still have to price it according to everything else on the market and not just what is available on your own network... that's how you lose customers.

I will have to agree with you on this. Should be lots less expensive than HTC One X. Kind of Disappointing.
18th April 2012, 06:50 PM   |  #4  
Flag Fort Worth
Thanks Meter: 48

291 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you read the specs, the HTC One X thats coming to america is the One S with a bigger screen.
18th April 2012, 06:52 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag seattle

498 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftedx

If you read the specs, the HTC One X thats coming to america is the One S with a bigger screen.

Minus the 4.7 inch HD screen like you said. I think that should reflect in the pricing. Just my thoughts.
18th April 2012, 06:53 PM   |  #6  
Flag Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 9

82 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmercil

Minus the 4.7 inch HD screen like you said. I think that should reflect in the pricing. Just my thoughts.

Agreed. I am a little disappointed but I guess I will just deal with it... Thanks for the link.
18th April 2012, 07:01 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
Yeah bigger screen and higher resolution. Also LTE... so if you consider the things that people look for in a phone as screen size, processor, screen resolution, storage size, and network speed... then the AT&T HTC One X has larger screen, higher resolution, and faster network speed. So 3 of the 5 things people look for in new phones are a "generation" above the Tmobile HTC One S.

I don't really care about most of those things within reason which is why the HTC One S appeals to me. It's the right balance. That being said it's still lower end than the One X... even in the version AT&T is getting.

This is a huge Tmobile fail imo. Most of us will suck it up and buy it anyway, but like I said... that's not how to make a customer happy.
The Following User Says Thank You to merkmal For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th April 2012, 07:34 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 176

2,535 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftedx

its not just bigger, its a IPS panel with 720p, which make it the best on the market today. One X also has NFC

also looks like no MAO after all the hype. Is that a good thing.....I dont know.

I just wish I knew if ATT coverage was same or better then Tmobile in Boston area, then I would just switch to ATT and get One X with pretty much zero compromises vs One S
Last edited by kolyan; 18th April 2012 at 07:40 PM.
18th April 2012, 10:45 PM   |  #9  
Aliso Viejo
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Donate to Me
More
Question AT&T 3G frequencies?
Anybody knows if the T-mobile HTC One S version also supports the AT&T 850/1900 3G frequencies? The T-Mobile support forum says yes, but the specs on the website do not specify them. If it does, then I would buy it full price, unlock it and use it on the AT&T network (the international unlocked version of the One S is missing the 1900 3G band).

Thanks.
18th April 2012, 11:07 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 60

714 posts
Cell companies price all new phones at the same price off contract. An off contract phone should be no more than 400.00 to 450.00. They price them high so you feel like you are getting value with a 200.00 on contract price.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread