Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

How to Unlock and Root a Nexus Device – XDA TV

It is official–Google has released the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 9. The Nexus family … more

Battery dies at 18%

OP ianthenut

18th April 2012, 05:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

32 posts
Hi, for the past few weeks my phone has constantly died at 18%.

I've tried resetting battery stats in recovery, I've done this when the battery is empty and when at full charge.

I've changed ROMs, a couple of times recently, always doing a factory reset, wiping everything available in recovery. No change.

Is there a trick to correcting this or could it be a fault with the battery itself?

Cheers.
18th April 2012, 06:04 PM   |  #2  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 22

60 posts
More
Try this calibration instead : http://forum.oxygen.im/viewtopic.php?id=723

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA
19th April 2012, 06:25 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 21

151 posts
More
If what "rares1235" didnt work then you could try this, its worked for me everytime. It works on ROMS with gingerbread and Sense. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1534892
19th April 2012, 09:04 PM   |  #4  
Flag Osijek
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianthenut

Hi, for the past few weeks my phone has constantly died at 18%.

I've tried resetting battery stats in recovery, I've done this when the battery is empty and when at full charge.

I've changed ROMs, a couple of times recently, always doing a factory reset, wiping everything available in recovery. No change.

Is there a trick to correcting this or could it be a fault with the battery itself?

Cheers.

There are a lot of calibration methods, but in the end, if none works, you should probably have to buy another battery. It happened to me, died at 60% or so. Well, with so much flashing and flashing it isn't a surprise, is it..
I think this is one of the cheapest offers. handtec.co.uk/product.php/2763/htc-desire-official-battery--ba-s410-

with best regards
19th April 2012, 11:48 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 146

356 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens97

If what "rares1235" didnt work then you could try this, its worked for me everytime. It works on ROMS with gingerbread and Sense. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1534892

This method actually works, I had to use the detour but I got it done eventually!
Came from Runnymede 6.1.1 ROM and the battery calibrator wouldn't take the first 6 times.. It would just tell me that my battery age was 100% eventhough I found that quite hard to believe, since my Desire is already 18 months old..

For that reason I flashed Cyanogenmod and did the battery calibration on that rom and it worked! After that I just flashed runnymede back with droidzones kernel22 and now my phone shuts down at 0%-1% instead of 15-16 like it was before!

Definately advice you to try out this method!
Thanks to theGanymedes and others for sure
20th April 2012, 05:26 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 7

62 posts
More
Is the desire not supposed to shutdown at 15% anyway as a form of protection? All these calibrations do is change the numbers.
20th April 2012, 10:46 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 21

151 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicka3200

Is the desire not supposed to shutdown at 15% anyway as a form of protection? All these calibrations do is change the numbers.

Quote from what RootSu told me when i asked this question on here before.

"It's because Li-on batteries break if they get down to 0%. HTC set their phones up to shut down between 10-15%. All phones with li-on do this.

However most phones show that 10-15% as 0% but HTC tend not to.

There is an app called nexus one battery calibrator, which if you have the correct kernel, will change that 10-15% to show as 0%. Obviously, as it effectively turns 75% into 100%, it appears to drain faster. It's not

I don't know if your kernel supports this. The general tab in the app won't have any numbers if the kernel does not.

There are some complex settings needed in the app and a specific process to follow if you wanted to do this though"

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread