[Q] Odin back to stock gingerbread??

Search This thread

elbobo

Nov 9, 2010
Instead of having to flash back to stock froyo and going thru the hassle of flashing gingerbread bootloaders to install a custom rom, is it possible for someone to make a back to stock gingerbread since AT&T already released the official version?

mg2195

Dec 5, 2011
RSM
Instead of having to flash back to stock froyo and going thru the hassle of flashing gingerbread bootloaders to install a custom rom, is it possible for someone to make a back to stock gingerbread since AT&T already released the official version?

Assuming you want the bootloaders for cm9...there are already odin/heimdall options that flash leaks containing gingerbread bootloaders

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA

T

tmease1

Flashing back to Froyo, then flashing the lb3 leak only takes 10 minutes if that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

kentu3

Apr 23, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
jscott30 did an excellent job, I just got my infuse a few days ago, and did upgrade to 2.3.6 before looking here. His pack made everything so simple.

focjoc

Apr 9, 2012
Rixeyville
OK, I have a noob question or two. I have looked and read and ok, so I am a bit confused or lost. Call it what you will :confused:
1) With a rooted version can I create folders within Apps to group similar/like apps together ?
2) I have read the explanations to odex, deodex and zipalign. As an average everyday user would it be better to use the original rooted version of GB that jscott30 put out or the one that has been deodexed, and zipaligned with busybox?
I am not a developer by any means (you guys are awsome) but I just like to "play around" with my phone and this will be my first attempt.
3) With the "Rooted" version, I can then delete apps that came preinstalled with the phone, correct ?
4) Also, with the "Rooted" version, and after deleting the unwated preinstalled apps if possible, will my memory usage go down?

Thank you for ALL your responses and paitence with me.

Last edited:
J

jscott30

1) Use a launcher like ADW EX to be able to organize drawer apps.
2) Try both, and see which you like best. With deodexed, you won't see a huge difference until you get into making mods that involve system and framework files.
3) Yes.
4) Yes.

Note: If you aren't deodexed, and delete unwanted apps in /system/app that have .odex files, also delete the .odex. Also, be careful and know what you are deleting. Some apps in that folder are required for the OS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

focjoc

Apr 9, 2012
Rixeyville
Thank you for the reply jscott30. I just got done putting your rooted version of GB on my phone.
So I started updating the pre-installed apps that I will be keeping and I get an Error 941 when I try to download the update. I get this error with all the updates, but not with a fresh install of an app.
Also, When I open Superuser in the app, I see nothing. Shouldn't I see at least the apps already on the phone?
I just know I'm missing something somewhere and I am gonna come out of this bowing my head :rolleyes:

Last edited:
J

jscott30

Thank you for the reply jscott30. I just got done putting your rooted version of GB on my phone.
So I started updating the pre-installed apps that I will be keeping and I get an Error 941 when I try to download the update. I get this error with all the updates, but not with a fresh install of an app.
Also, When I open Superuser in the app, I see nothing. Should,nt I see at least the apps already on the phone?
I just know I'm missing something somewhere and I am gonna come out of this bowing my head :rolleyes:

Any chance that you didn't wipe data / cache in recovery, per the instructions? Doing that should fix the error message in Google Play Store.

focjoc

Apr 9, 2012
Rixeyville
Any chance that you didn't wipe data / cache in recovery, per the instructions? Doing that should fix the error message in Google Play Store.

I definetly did. As this being my first :D I followed the directions to the letter. So, I should do it again? I did remove the external sd card, would that have any affect?

Update: OK, So I did exactly that, I re flashed it and am now able to get my updates. Now onto learning the fruits of a rooted Infuse such as uninstalling unwanted apps.
Again Thank you for all your help now and in the future.

Last edited: