Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][VIEW][GB] DeSensed-View GB Edition- V1 - 4/24/2012 (NO longer supported)

OP graffixnyc

19th April 2012, 10:08 PM   |  #11  
graffixnyc's Avatar
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 5,501
 
5,852 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Posted a preview release.. let me know what issues you guys find..
19th April 2012, 10:38 PM   |  #12  
graffixnyc's Avatar
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 5,501
 
5,852 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
I noticed the market wasnt updating to the Play Store.. I'll include the updated APK in the next release but until then you can just install this and it will overwrite the market with playstore. No need to push it, just install it like you would any side loaded apk

http://d-h.st/aQQ
19th April 2012, 11:12 PM   |  #13  
graffixnyc's Avatar
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 5,501
 
5,852 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Another issue I found was sometimes the unlock slider disappears when you wake the device (just the left one though) but if you swipe as if it was there it unlocks. I'll have to look into that

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
20th April 2012, 12:41 AM   |  #14  
mitchellvii's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 1,248
 
5,470 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Sounds great I may hold off on testing until it's done. Just hard bricked my E4GT this morning and I'm a bit gun shy.

Never hard bricked a phone before. Accidentally flashed an AOSP ICS rom over an ICS kernel. Apparently this is huge no no. Complete blue light of death hard brick. Thank god for insurance.
20th April 2012, 02:10 AM   |  #15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 199
 
725 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Just installed. Testing now. I'll edit in problems as necessary.

First thing I noticed is that the Setup Wizard force closes if I try to change the time settings. I can change the time settings just fine through the regular settings, though.

The keyboard wouldn't pop up at first for whatever reason. A reboot fixed it, though.

In the settings, the right side of the check boxes are cut off.

Also, the mobile signal level icon still shows up, even though I downloaded the WiFi only ROM. I'm guessing this is just an issue with theming for now, though.
Last edited by freak4dell; 20th April 2012 at 02:21 AM.
20th April 2012, 02:25 AM   |  #16  
graffixnyc's Avatar
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 5,501
 
5,852 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freak4dell

Just installed. Testing now. I'll edit in problems as necessary.

First thing I noticed is that the Setup Wizard force closes if I try to change the time settings. I can change the time settings just fine through the regular settings, though.

The keyboard wouldn't pop up at first for whatever reason. A reboot fixed it, though.

In the settings, the right side of the check boxes are cut off.

Also, the mobile signal level icon still shows up, even though I downloaded the WiFi only ROM. I'm guessing this is just an issue with theming for now, though.

The first issue I mentioned in the OP. The keyboard popped up fine for me the first time. The check boxes I noticed and will look into. And the signal meter will always be there even if its just wifi. But you'll see its a empty signal. The only difference is hc puts a red x through it.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
20th April 2012, 02:27 AM   |  #17  
graffixnyc's Avatar
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 5,501
 
5,852 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellvii

Sounds great I may hold off on testing until it's done. Just hard bricked my E4GT this morning and I'm a bit gun shy.

Never hard bricked a phone before. Accidentally flashed an AOSP ICS rom over an ICS kernel. Apparently this is huge no no. Complete blue light of death hard brick. Thank god for insurance.

You don't have to be shy. I've been running it since last night and there are no huge major bugs that are show stoppers. Every rom has issues and is never perfect. But even though its a preview release its pretty stable except for the few mentioned small issues.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
20th April 2012, 03:15 AM   |  #18  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 199
 
725 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixnyc

The first issue I mentioned in the OP. The keyboard popped up fine for me the first time. The check boxes I noticed and will look into. And the signal meter will always be there even if its just wifi. But you'll see its a empty signal. The only difference is hc puts a red x through it.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Doh...I just suck at reading, then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graffixnyc

You don't have to be shy. I've been running it since last night and there are no huge major bugs that are show stoppers. Every rom has issues and is never perfect. But even though its a preview release its pretty stable except for the few mentioned small issues.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Agreed. So far, it's definitely smooth, and just has those minor issues. I think this will do just fine until we get ICS (though I'll go over to an AOSP GB ROM if we get one). I like it better than Honeycomb already, even if it is an older system.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Any chance I could get pointed in the right direction as far as getting the APK to enable live wallpapers again?
20th April 2012, 04:35 AM   |  #19  
graffixnyc's Avatar
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 5,501
 
5,852 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freak4dell

Doh...I just suck at reading, then.



Agreed. So far, it's definitely smooth, and just has those minor issues. I think this will do just fine until we get ICS (though I'll go over to an AOSP GB ROM if we get one). I like it better than Honeycomb already, even if it is an older system.

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

Any chance I could get pointed in the right direction as far as getting the APK to enable live wallpapers again?

Didn't realize I took them out. Lol I must a went a little trigger happy on the delete key. Haha I'll get it back in.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
20th April 2012, 04:40 AM   |  #20  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 199
 
725 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Sounds good.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes