Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Should I trade my Amaze 4G for a Galaxy Nexus?
Yes, it's a justified trade! 9 29.03%
No, keep the Amaze! 22 70.97%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

HTC Amaze 4G vs Samsung Galaxy Nexus

OP adslee

20th April 2012, 04:27 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 38

247 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupetastic-droid

What it being a Google device gotta do with anything? My friends has the phone. Such and ugly wack device. Samsung should stick to TV's.

Better support and faster updates. I'm sorry man but I would have to disagree with you. The gnex is such a beautiful device.
glacierguy
20th April 2012, 04:28 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyman94

The gnex is such a beautiful device.

Yuck

Sent from my Stock Rooted and Highly Customized HTC Ruby using Tapatalk
glacierguy
20th April 2012, 04:29 AM   |  #13  

n/a posts
Edit... Double post
20th April 2012, 05:28 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 38

247 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by glacierguy

Yuck

Lol! Just giving my two cents bro.
The Following User Says Thank You to rubyman94 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 04:00 PM   |  #15  
Salt Lake City
Thanks Meter: 40

123 posts
More
Honestly, I really really wanted the Galaxy Nexus and waited for a while to see if it would come to Tmo. Google's launch for the device was mad sloppy and I got sick of waiting.

I couldn't give up my Amaze for the Gnex. I use the camera all the time and I love that about this phone. Since having it in December I have over 1,000 pictures taken with it. In fact, when I traveled across the country to visit Pensylvania and Maryland two months ago, I didn't even bring a digital camera with me. Just used the Amaze the entire time and it worked out well.

Sure, development is slow on it and for some mysterious reason HTC is releasing Kernal Drivers for everything BUT this phone, but I feel like that leaves this small community up to a challenge. The work being done to get CM7 onto the Amaze is coming along nicely, and once they get the GSM/Wifi/NFC drivers working we'll finally have an AOSP rom running on this thing. It may be annoying to most people that we haven't gotten it fully running, but I see this as a big acomplishment for the few developers that we have here.

So yeah, I think I'll stick with the Amaze for a while. Its been very good to me
20th April 2012, 07:49 PM   |  #16  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 7

193 posts
More
Quote:

I've always wanted to try the galaxy nexus... Skeptical though since its built by Samsung. :screwy:

Sent from my HTC Ruby running Android Revolution HD

What it is that you are skeptical about? I have used SGS II, 3 varieties, Nexus S, Galaxy Nexus and SGS original. I think, except than the feeling difference by holding the phone in your hand, there is nothing else which would make you worry of anything go wrong.

Compared to Amaze, yes, Nexus is totally different, 1 thing I love about Nexus phones is the Vanilla Android. Another thing I like about them is they have a different and whole new feeling about how one phone should feel like when you hold it or when its lying on your desk and someone overlooking is amazed with what its got, and the feeling it gives you with its curvy design is also something different which unfortunately no other manufactures have come up with.

On the other hand, I have used many htc phones too, i have had incredible s, amazing build quality. currently I am rocking Amaze 4g, a little bulky and heavy but phone feels good in hands, a little smaller and the fact that it too is made out of plastic, doesn't help much, but still a great phone.

Just my opinion.

---------- Post added at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipzeRemix

Eh, I don't like Samsung phones, and there is always something I don't like from the nexus phones......

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

No offence, but since you are saying you don't like samsung phones, what is it that you don't like?? and what is it that you don't like nexus phones? I loved my first google phone, the nexus one, i have used nexus s for a long time, and i do have a galaxy nexus, they are great.

Yet the fact that they come with vanilla, is a choice of your own, whether you like a phone with a custom skin or stock android is your cup of tea... but seriously, what is it that you don't like?

Care to share your thoughts with the community?
glacierguy
20th April 2012, 08:27 PM   |  #17  

n/a posts
Idk... They look boring, they're super lightweight (im clumsy) and I HATED my friend's Vibrant and my coworkers Galaxy S on Sprint. I have never liked samsung phones. TVs are awesome though.

20th April 2012, 08:28 PM   |  #18  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 7

193 posts
More
Quote:

Idk... They look boring, they're super lightweight (im clumsy) and I HATED my friend's Vibrant and my coworkers Galaxy S on Sprint. I have never liked samsung phones. TVs are awesome though.

Fair enough...
20th April 2012, 09:26 PM   |  #19  
Flag Rolla, MO
Thanks Meter: 112

1,518 posts
More
Quote:

im with you on this, but.. my brother has the HTC incredible (still one of the best HTC phones made) and since its lightweight its harder for it to break/get damaged. our phones are bricks when it comes to weight lol so it would impact a lot more when dropping
20th April 2012, 10:00 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 118

786 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratax

im with you on this, but.. my brother has the HTC incredible (still one of the best HTC phones made) and since its lightweight its harder for it to break/get damaged. our phones are bricks when it comes to weight lol so it would impact a lot more when dropping

Off topic, but my friend had the incredible. Loved that phone!!!!

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using XDA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread