Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,713 Members 39,175 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Droid 4 Update

Tip us?

kwyrt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 205
Default Droid 4 Update

Has anyone tried this yet? http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/04...cklight-fixes/

I downloaded last night, installed Voodoo Rootkeeper, unfroze any apps that I had frozen, and then chickened out. LOL! I'm not sure what this will do with safestrap installed. Makes me a little nervous with no fastboot files.

I'm thinking it might be best to uninstall safestrap first and then apply the update. Any thoughts anyone?

duffman452001
Old
Thanks Meter 22
On the D3, I would switch to non-safe system, apply the update in recovery, reboot, re-root, reinstall safestrap recovery from the safestrap app, reboot into safestrap, switch back to safe and everything was peachy. No need to even reinstall safe system as everything was still there. Did it twice for the 905 and 906 updates, dont see why it would be any different for the D4

EDIT: the only difference I may have is that I keep my non-safe system stock, I dont freeze/remove bloat, just root.

podspi
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Glad to see wifi is on the list of bug fixes. I haven't been able to connect to my work wick, and my home wifi drops all the time (tethering from phone works perfectly though,go figure).

I probably will wait until this officially drops, though. Bleh, why no fastboot files yet?!

swjpilot
Old
Thanks Meter 13
The download has been pulled anyone have this file they can upload elsewhere?

kwyrt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by swjpilot View Post
The download has been pulled anyone have this file they can upload elsewhere?
http://db.tt/YIiI5SU3

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kwyrt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

swjpilot
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwyrt View Post
http://db.tt/YIiI5SU3

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA
Thanks!!! Got it!

teookie
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Just rebooted after applying the update. I'm running stock ROM. I unfroze everything I had frozen, hid root w/ Voodoo OTA, rebooted, did a backup (just in case), applied the update, restored root with Voodoo OTA and everything appears to be working.

Hope this really does fix the wifi problem. Been having some problems with the wifi here at work.

kwyrt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 205
Took the plunge. I was running stock rooted with voodoo rootkeeper and safestrap recovery installed. Here are the steps I took:

1. Unfroze apps I had frozen in Titanium Backup.

2. Uninstalled safestrap recovery via the safestrap app (Shouldn't need to uninstall the app itself).

3. Backed up Superuser using Voodoo then selected "temp. un-root".

4. Rebooted and installed the update via the instructions from the link (FYI: You will need to have the update zip in /sdcard-ext, not /sdcard).

5. Rebooted and the phone shows the updated software version.

6. Restored root via Voodoo.

7. Reinstalled safestrap recovery using the safestrap app.

Success!

teookie
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Wifi still dropping off randomly. I don't think this phone likes the 802.1xEAP security they are using here. Droid incredible worked just fine on it though.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

redddog
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Do you have to remove root to apply this?

I wonder why it was posted and then removed? Anyone?