Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,606 Members 47,823 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do you like the new LiquidSmooth Theme ?
Yes love it... 155 62.50%
No gimme stock Theme back... 93 37.50%
Voters: 248. You may not vote on this poll

★★★ [ROM][AOSP][4.0.4][26-06-12] M3dD0gs LiquidSmooth V3 "Linaro" ★★★

Tip us?

envyofindia
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Is all well with M3d D0g ? .... has v2 been scrapped ? .... its already been a very long wait since it was announced! ... envy

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA

umair1234
Old
Thanks Meter 2
i installed this rom on asylm..um dint like it so tried to instal back the asylm..but it stucked on installing update..and now i cant turn on my fone,...what happended? any idea :S

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

i hope my fone is not bricked! i cant turn it on..cant go in recovry :S

mac231us
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by umair1234 View Post
i installed this rom on asylm..um dint like it so tried to instal back the asylm..but it stucked on installing update..and now i cant turn on my fone,...what happended? any idea :S

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

for me it was liquid..try asylum did not like it..back to liquid (and miui too)-g

anyway...u need to get gb abyss 3.9 or 4.2 kernel (both have red redpill recovery) or a complete gb rom installed then do full wipe (in the gb kernel/gb rom recovery)..think even franco kernel will do..then install what you want..do not think you can just overwipe roms especially these do not mix...go to recovery if you can..and install gb 3.9 abyss kernel but you need to have that already on sd card..otherwise follow

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1659768

it is in your asylum op itself
Never again support any devs/contributors-folks for most part threaten to not develop/delete your posts/keep buddies posts open even if incorrect/wasted money donating to 30+ individuals..if truly volunteer basis-then DON'T have a donate button in the first place-don't say am not looking for some but will take it anyway!

Reb0rn
Old
Thanks Meter 736

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by umair1234 View Post

There's how safe the kernel is on this rom... when you installed asylum directly from lp5 kernel you corrupted your eMMC. This happens to some ppl but. Consider yourself unlucky. But in this day and age I can't for the life of me understand why you would flash a rom that uses any of the ics touchwiz kernels. Its pasted everywhere. They are not safe! Never ever belive someone that says that!

Sorry friend but your super bricked... you learned this lesson the hard way.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Phone: Sony Xperia z2 16GB White
History: Too long to rabble here...

appro77
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reb0rn View Post
There's how safe the kernel is on this rom... when you installed asylum directly from lp5 kernel you corrupted your eMMC. This happens to some ppl but. Consider yourself unlucky. But in this day and age I can't for the life of me understand why you would flash a rom that uses any of the ics touchwiz kernels. Its pasted everywhere. They are not safe! Never ever belive someone that says that!

Sorry friend but your super bricked... you learned this lesson the hard way.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Aren't the Touchwiz kernels only "not safe" when you try to use recovery? There are a lot of phones out there happily using LPY and LPF. If you don't try to use recovery with these kernels can they still be unsafe?

matius44
Old
(Last edited by matius44; 23rd May 2012 at 07:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1076
Quote:
Originally Posted by appro77 View Post
Aren't the Touchwiz kernels only "not safe" when you try to use recovery? There are a lot of phones out there happily using LPY and LPF. If you don't try to use recovery with these kernels can they still be unsafe?
No it's NOT safe, Guys listen to the knowledgeable people when you are in doubt. Do you question your doctor when he/she diagnoses you?

Chainfire and Entropy both said it's not safe, and there was at least one report of brick with the stock LPY kernel (not even CF-Root) just by doing factory reset from within the Settings menu!

And people attacked me when I said here adjust the OP, not just "resolve kernel issues" in a post buried in the thread
Thanks a lot chasmodo, great friends are rare these days

Kangal
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
They can still be unsafe out of the recovery.
Entropy (an experienced and recognized kernel developer) said that the processes occuring in CWM-recovery aren't that different to the processes in Android. He said there's a risk using it normally, and that with high I/O usage it will be just like flashing the rom and the stupid "feature" will activate = wipe your emmc and possibly a "bad" wipe so that it can no longer write (ie Actual HARDWARE DAMAGE)...meaning even with a Jtag/Jig and Odin you cannot revive it because it is hardbricked (aka SuperBricked).

This "feature" (MMC_CAP_ERASE) has a use and is from Google source (the AOSP). But something in the kernel keeps activating it when its used heavily (I/O - like hard number crunching in Android or Recovery) and wiping the eMMC. Its NOT meant to be activated under those situations, at least not automatically and not uncontrolled.

You need to realize this is a REAL issue, and NOT a scare tactic from Entropy, Reinbeau, ChainFire, neobuddy, etc etc. These are real (and recognized) developers/members who confirmed the bug in the kernel of the official ics roms (lpy, lpf, lp9 etc). And its not just the N7000, other Samsung devices have the same bug in the kernel, with confirmed bricks. There's a reason the thread is STICKIED in the board. Remember these developers dont get anything if you flash/dont flash...so for this to be a "scare tactic" is completely baseless and without any sense. And flashing a new bootloader won't solve the issue, but is very dangerous and can lead to headaches later for you.

As much as I appreciate the enthusiasm in this thread, I do respectfully warn you to get some background info before you flash ANYTHING. Some members here like firasusman shows his enthusiasm and is telling people to flash this rom with the new kernels and telling you there is zero risk. His justification is that "He trusts this man [m3dd0g]" and that buying another Note is Not a Problem. I will just tell you upfront those are DANGEROUS propositions.

I don't know you, but I dont want you to BRICK your device; weather SOFT or HARD. Its such a pain if its happened to you, and the financial burden can be too much for some people. I've played around with a JTAG so I'm telling you this from experience, its a very bad state (frustrations/time wasted/effort spent) to be in. There have been many people who've flashed the LPY kernel and haven't bricked their devices, but there now AT RISK when flashing another kernel/rom and even normal usage...and even that is something I wouldn't wish for anyone.

Here's the summary: Wait for it!
The (few) Kernel developers WILL eventually create a custom kernel WITHOUT the bug, and use the new drivers from the kernels. Or Samsung will respond to our emails and update their software/release an ics update without the bug. Or the available "safe" kernels (eg CM9 nightlies) will resolve their issues (loudspeaker etc etc)....and safe development will continue. Just follow the boards for news, trust me the wait will be worth it
Phase:
1) Nokia 5110 > 3315 > T610
2) LG U8360 + iPaq 2215 > O2 XDA II > iPaq rw6815 > Mitach Mio a702
3) N95 > HTC TyTN II > HTC TouchPro > iPhone 3G
4) DEXT > N900 > SGS > DZ + PlayBook
5) NOTE > NOTE 3

Classic Arsenal:
HTC Desire Z + GameGripper
Android 2.3.7 + MIUI DarkTheme + ItchyThumb

Current Arsenal:
Samsung NOTE 3, 4G, Black
vMOD, Apex, Kii, SwitchR
Matte Kickstand case, Glass Protector, Datel TurboFire2, Belkin Miracast
40GB's of Apps, PSX, N64, GBA, SNES, Sega Games
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

appro77
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
They can still be unsafe out of the recovery.
Entropy (an experienced and recognized kernel developer) said that the processes occuring in CWM-recovery aren't that different to the processes in Android. He said there's a risk using it normally, and that with high I/O usage it will be just like flashing the rom and the stupid "feature" will activate = wipe your emmc and possibly a "bad" wipe so that it can no longer write (ie Actual HARDWARE DAMAGE)...meaning even with a Jtag/Jig and Odin you cannot revive it because it is hardbricked (aka SuperBricked).

This "feature" (MMC_CAP_ERASE) has a use and is from Google source (the AOSP). But something in the kernel keeps activating it when its used heavily (I/O - like hard number crunching in Android or Recovery) and wiping the eMMC. Its NOT meant to be activated under those situations, at least not automatically and not uncontrolled.

You need to realize this is a REAL issue, and NOT a scare tactic from Entropy, Reinbeau, ChainFire, neobuddy, etc etc. These are real (and recognized) developers/members who confirmed the bug in the kernel of the official ics roms (lpy, lpf, lp9 etc). And its not just the N7000, other Samsung devices have the same bug in the kernel, with confirmed bricks. There's a reason the thread is STICKIED in the board. Remember these developers dont get anything if you flash/dont flash...so for this to be a "scare tactic" is completely baseless and without any sense. And flashing a new bootloader won't solve the issue, but is very dangerous and can lead to headaches later for you.

As much as I appreciate the enthusiasm in this thread, I do respectfully warn you to get some background info before you flash ANYTHING. Some members here like firasusman shows his enthusiasm and is telling people to flash this rom with the new kernels and telling you there is zero risk. His justification is that "He trusts this man [m3dd0g]" and that buying another Note is Not a Problem. I will just tell you upfront those are DANGEROUS propositions.

I don't know you, but I dont want you to BRICK your device; weather SOFT or HARD. Its such a pain if its happened to you, and the financial burden can be too much for some people. I've played around with a JTAG so I'm telling you this from experience, its a very bad state (frustrations/time wasted/effort spent) to be in. There have been many people who've flashed the LPY kernel and haven't bricked their devices, but there now AT RISK when flashing another kernel/rom and even normal usage...and even that is something I wouldn't wish for anyone.

Here's the summary: Wait for it!
The (few) Kernel developers WILL eventually create a custom kernel WITHOUT the bug, and use the new drivers from the kernels. Or Samsung will respond to our emails and update their software/release an ics update without the bug. Or the available "safe" kernels (eg CM9 nightlies) will resolve their issues (loudspeaker etc etc)....and safe development will continue. Just follow the boards for news, trust me the wait will be worth it
Thanks for going to the trouble to post this. Very informative and appreciated. Now I'm worried. I'm currently running RocketRom v1 ICS with the LPY kernel. From what you've said there's a chance that it could all go pear shaped.

I have a nandroid backup of Litening Rom v1 which is GB. Maybe I should flash AbyssNote 4.2, then restore the Nandroid backup of Litening rom then sit on that until this superbrick fiasco is resolved.

Of course the question that comes to mind is why are the developers of these current ICS roms that are using the new kernels not giving users the information and warning that you just have?
The Following User Says Thank You to appro77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AA1973
Old
(Last edited by AA1973; 23rd May 2012 at 10:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8600
Quote:
Of course the question that comes to mind is why are the developers of these current ICS roms that are using the new kernels not giving users the information and warning that you just have?
This is just unfair. Have a look at the original post of eybee1970's Rocket Rom ICS, which you are currently using. There are warnings. Just read the post once or twice...

Galaxy Note N7000 - PARANOIDANDROID (CM9)

appro77
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA1973 View Post
This is just unfair. Have a look at the original post of eybee1970's Rocket Rom ICS, which you are currently using. There are warnings. Just read the post once or twice...

Galaxy Note N7000 - PARANOIDANDROID (CM9)
The only warnings that I read were regarding using cwm on that kernel. There were no warnings that there is a chance of superbricking the phone just by using the rom as posted above.

Tags
ask firasusman its working on his device try again, butt is itching but i took a shower, i hate stepping in poo