Just wanna check my list with you experienced guys before getting stuck in, mostly because it's been a while since I did anything like this and I can't find a thorough guide for the whole process.
1. Root with vipermod.
2. Install ROM manager from the market and use to flash CWM recovery.
3. Boot into CWM recovery and make backup.
4. Copy kernel .zip file to storage of the TF.
5. Boot into CWM recovery and select install .zip option.
6. Enjoy new kernel and hope for no more bootloop/flat battery scenarios making me angry?
HTC Hero - Elelinux Gingerbread v2.9
Samsung Galaxy SII - Stock
ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 16GB - Rooted and OC'd