OP Eller200

20th April 2012, 02:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Rockledge
Thanks Meter: 3

26 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have a To Root my LG Optimus S LS670, its a plain one.

Here's my information:
Model Number: LS670
Android Version: 2.3.3
Baseband Version: LS670MVJ_6150

How do I root it?

It's been upgraded by LG already to 2.3.3, and I can't find anyway to root it.
20th April 2012, 04:19 AM   |  #2  
Flag In front of my laptop :D
Thanks Meter: 260

730 posts
More
SuperOneClick, GingerBreak or this.
Luck!!
4th July 2012, 06:00 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have this phone and gingerbreak worked then the next week the phone updated and i cannot get it to root now.

hheeeelllppppppp!!
19th July 2012, 11:08 AM   |  #4  

55 posts
Yea I can't get this phone to root when it's been updated to the LS670MVJ baseband every root method I can find is for the older baseband versions
21st July 2012, 02:34 AM   |  #5  
Flag Boulder CO
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
More
Thumbs up
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...d-zvh-zvj.html
This thread should help, I had to downgrade to ZVH using stock recovery, then use the optiauto CLI tool to root and install Xionia CWMA recovery. Root, radio and gingerbread works, but radio flashed with a Froyo downgrade is not legacy compatible with ZVJ. It's worth noting that while CM7.2 or 9 can be flashed from Xionia, you shouldn't do this before having all necessary files/drivers from the froyo, gingerbread and cm9 images, and CM9 flashed LS670s cannot be activated on Sprint.
The Following User Says Thank You to pheer6224 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st October 2012, 06:38 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 11

248 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eller200

Here's my information:

How do I root it?

Did you ever get this rooted, I was just given my brother in law's phone and phone number and I was going to use the phone as a media player but wanted to root to remove sprint crap or put a custom rom on.
6th October 2012, 10:09 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Rockledge

26 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny4

Did you ever get this rooted, I was just given my brother in law's phone and phone number and I was going to use the phone as a media player but wanted to root to remove sprint crap or put a custom rom on.

I've been working, to create a custom rom, so far so good, I'm basing it off of IHO rom for it.
21st October 2012, 11:44 PM   |  #8  

1 posts
i used
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eller200

Here's my information:

How do I root it?

i used gingerbreak worked
10th November 2013, 06:15 PM   |  #9  

15 posts
Cool Sprint lg optimus s q's
well i tried to root my optimus s (ls670) with gingerbreak--- it said it worked but really didnt. then downgraded to zvd software and then superoneclicked it and it said it worked and when i went to upgrade the binary on superuser it told me that my binary was "legacy" and that no binary was found and so it stopped the update. does anyone have any idea what to do with this dinosaur of a phone??? PLEASE HELP with LINKS both for instructions and ROMs/kernels/recoveries------------ SPRINT LG OPTIMUS S (model ls670)
29th November 2013, 08:31 AM   |  #10  

2 posts
Sign The best option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach_inc

well i tried to root my optimus s (ls670) with gingerbreak--- it said it worked but really didnt. then downgraded to zvd software and then superoneclicked it and it said it worked and when i went to upgrade the binary on superuser it told me that my binary was "legacy" and that no binary was found and so it stopped the update. does anyone have any idea what to do with this dinosaur of a phone??? PLEASE HELP with LINKS both for instructions and ROMs/kernels/recoveries------------ SPRINT LG OPTIMUS S (model ls670)

----------------------------------------------
I cannot go into too much detail since I spent hours on it and forgot and renamed a lot of stuff.
--
Hey, so I just got an LS670 (LG Optimus S) from a friend to replace my current phone. Not sure how it will go since I have an old SERO account.
Anyways, I had some time off and would recommend to you update flashing your baseband to ZVH. Turn on usb debugging from the applications/development from settings and use stay awake option.Use Sons Of Korhal 1.0.1 to root it. Update to ZVJ using its appropriate update.zip. Then use OptiAuto (aka OptiAuto-sfx) if its the new enough version will allow you to root the zvj baseband. Some of these files are hard to find, took me 3 hours total in trial and error.

This page helped a lot: forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/119130-how-manual-rooting-ls670zvh-zvj-links-root-zvd-zv9.html

and this one: forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/131297-how-rooting-ls670zvd-zvh-100-automated-zvj-automated.html

optiauto for windows might be this one, you'll need it: mediafire.com/download/dsblck8764079q0/optiauto-sfx.exe
Last edited by ScubaVision; 29th November 2013 at 08:39 AM. Reason: minor grammatical errors and spacing

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread