This guide is based on information found in leejames55 HBOOT loop thread and torxx tutorial, I just wanted to make thing clear, simple and consolidate all information in one place for non-dev users. So thanks to them and everyone who contributed.
After seeing alot of people having problem after flashing a rom, restoring RUU, re-locking bootloader, I've decided to make this guide in order to help everyone. If you follow this guide there's a good chance that you will manage to recover your phone
This is for people who have the following problem:
- Cannot boot into ROM (e.g Stuck at the HTC Logo)
- Boot Loop
- Re-locked bootloader while having a non-working ROM
- Cannot flash RUU because battery is below 30% - IMPORTANT: You must flash the new version of ClockWorkMod in order to be able to recharge the phone while off and from recovery
The most common problem is being stuck at the HTC Logo after flashing a ROM, try clearing the fastboot cache with these steps:
- Power off your phone and hold the power button + volume down
- Choose fastboot from bootloader
- Connect the phone to your computer
- On computer type: Code:
fastboot erase cache
- Choose "Reboot" in fastboot menu
If this doesn't work, try the rest of the guide
If you cannot flash RUU, go into recovery etc. because battery is below 30%
IMPORTANT: You must flash the new version of ClockWorkMod in order to be able to recharge the phone while off and from recovery. So, flash the new recovery and this problem will NOT happen.
I don't think he can do that as more and more people have this problem as stated on OP:
- Cannot flash RUU because battery is below 30%
But there is no explanation on how to to solve the problem. All the suggestions are good only when you have at least 20% battery.
So here I want to share on how I solve my problem to get the battery up to at least 20% so that you can fastboot flash anything, but to run RUU you need to have more than 30%. This works for me and hopefully it will work for others too.
Instead of plug in and plug out the usb cable to and from your phone when connected to PC (which actually not working for me), what I did was :
1) connect the phone to PC, your phone will boot into bootloader with red light flashing on and off or all the way red or no light at all.
2) use the vol button to scroll to power down and press power to off.
3) if the phone boot again to bootloader, repeat (2)
4) if the phone not booting, press the power button to on the phone, it will boot to bootloader again. Try the fastboot flash ** (whatever you want to do, either flash unlock.bin to unlock bootloader to flash CWM recovery or relock bootloader and flash stock recovery). If it fails due to low battery, repeat again (2) then (3) and (4). I did this less than ten times to have fastboot flash working.
What I notice is whenever we press power on, it will go to splash screen but unable to pass the bootanimation due to lack of battery, it will go back to bootloader. In the process, the battery get charging but stop when we are in bootloader. So restart again & again (power down in bootloader & power on again) will charge the battery until you have enough juice for fastboot flash.
Note: item (4), I did the fastboot flash ** before power on, it will say "waiting for device", once the phone is on and in fastboot mode, the command will runs. So once the battery reach about 20%, it will runs succesfully.
Well, i discover it because i brick my phone haha now i share it to you.
IF YOU HAVE ANY UNSIGNED RECOVERY:
1.- GO TO RECOVERY
2.- FORMAT SYSTEM
3.- RESTART NORMALLY
4.- YOUR PHONE WILL STOPS IN "HTC QUIETLY BRILLIANT" SCREEN
5.- PUT YOUR PHONE TO CHARGE (no light notification appears)
6.- LET IT CHARGE FOR A COUPLE HOURS (i put mine to charge for a complete night)
7.- Now restore your RUU, Flash, etc...
IF YOU HAVE SIGNED RECOVERY:
1.- GO TO FASTBOOT
2.- HIT "SHUT DOWN"
3.- WITH THE POWER OFF PUT IT TO CHARGE
4.- RED LIGHT NOTIFICATION SHOWS THE CHARGING PROGRESS.
5.- NEXT DAY YOU WILL SEE A SOLID GREEN LIGHT NOTIFICATIONS FOR A COMPLETE CHARGE.
PD: Sorry for ortography, im from Chile, my native speaking is spanish but i want to share my knowledge with XDA COMMUNITY !
- Unlock with the same Unlock_code.bin file provided by HTC and follow this link: http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/unl...ctions/page-4/
If you have stock recovery
- Download a Custom Recovery (e.g http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1594819)
- Then flash it with the command: Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-22.214.171.124-endeavoru.img
If you have Custom ROM on or nandroid backup internal SD card
- Reboot in recovery (If your still in fastboot, choose "Reboot Bootloader" and then go into recovery)
- Restore a Nandroid Backup or flash Custom ROM
- Reboot and go into fastboot
- Clean cache in fastboot
If you DON'T have custom rom or Nandroid backup on internal SD card
So here a method which always works (many people have issues with flashing RUU's etc. having a bootlop.)
- Download a RUU from here, thanks to Football!
- Now open the .exe and make sure that it fully started.
- Don't click anything, just go to windows icon and search for %temp%.
- You will now find some folders, just search through these folders for the ROM.zip.
- If you found it, you can copy it to your desktop or somewhere else.
- Extract it with WinRar,7-zip or something like that and take the boot_signed.img and system.img.
- Now copy the two files into the folder where the fastboot.exe is placed (if you have installed the Android SDK, it should be in platform-tools)
- Plug in your One X, go into the bootloader and go into fastboot mode.
- Navigate with the cmd in the folder with the fasboot.exe and the two .img's.
- Now type in that: Code:
fastboot flash boot boot_signed.img
fastboot flash system system.img
- Flash a ROM and boot image based on 1.26 (e.g ARHD 2.1)
- Clear fastboot cache Code:
fastboot clear cache
- Boot your phone
- Charge you phone completely
- Download stock recovery
- Flash stock recovery Code:
fastboot flash recovery endeavoru_recovery_signed.img
- Relock bootloader Code:
fastboot oem lock
- Run 1.26 RUU
HTC One X - IRC - This is the best way for you to get answer to you questions and help if you have problems
HTC One X - XDA Q&A
Don't hesitate to contibute to this guide, as this is made to anwser alot of questions and resolve most common problem when flashing custom roms.
We are all here to learn, take from community and give back to community!