Flashing Orange Light...

OP crimsonnight

20th April 2012, 04:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

207 posts
Had about 2% power, had it on charge from the mains (via a blackberry charger) and it suddenly died, now whenever I connect it to the mains or USB port I just get a flashing orange light and can't turn it on - will it eventually turn solid orange? A lot of threads on this for other HTC phones say to remove and reinsert the battery, obviously this isn't an option for the One X so I'm a little worried...
Last edited by crimsonnight; 20th April 2012 at 04:09 PM.
20th April 2012, 04:11 PM   |  #2  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 71

327 posts
Donate to Me
More
i see flashing orange light when i use blackberry charger or any usb wire of a blackberry... when i use a SAMSUNG CHARGER or any other USB CHARGER i got my solid orange light
The Following User Says Thank You to wolfraim For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 04:20 PM   |  #3  
Flag Freedonia
Thanks Meter: 116

158 posts
More
yeah, blackberry chargers tend to be lower current, so are no good if they battery is real dead.

use a proper htc charger and it should come back and go solid.
The Following User Says Thank You to MinecraftZombi.es For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 04:21 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 46

196 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonnight

Had about 2% power, had it on charge from the mains (via a blackberry charger) and it suddenly died, now whenever I connect it to the mains or USB port I just get a flashing orange light and can't turn it on - will it eventually turn solid orange? A lot of threads on this for other HTC phones say to remove and reinsert the battery, obviously this isn't an option for the One X so I'm a little worried...

I think it will be ok if you just leave it charging. It sounds like it's protecting the battery from damage until it has a sufficient charge.

Although, on some laptops it is a sign of a dead battery... so I would say give it 30 to 60 mins connected to the charger and see if it fixes itself.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Trouser For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 04:24 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

207 posts
Cheers for your time guys, after about an hour of charging via USB I was able to turn it back on (with 2% battery lol) - I'll make sure not to use a BB charger again, need to find an official one with a decent length lead for the office...
20th April 2012, 04:26 PM   |  #6  
Flag Mirfield
Thanks Meter: 48

214 posts
More
Have this on my sensation a lot, if the battery dies completely the notification light will flash while you charge, this is to basically say its charging, but doesn't have enough charge for a boot, as there is a period during boot where HTC phones don't charge, and boot takes quite a bit of power, leave it 10-15 mins and it will turn on, if it flash orange then green constantly it means its overheating, while over heating you plug it in, it will actually de-charge to save wasted power going round the motherboard allowing the phone to cool down quickly,

Hope I answered your question

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to OllieArmageddon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 04:40 PM   |  #7  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 71

327 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonnight

Cheers for your time guys, after about an hour of charging via USB I was able to turn it back on (with 2% battery lol) - I'll make sure not to use a BB charger again, need to find an official one with a decent length lead for the office...

or any 5v 1a charger !
21st April 2012, 04:51 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 7

87 posts
More
yea 1A output charger will give you solid orange light

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread