Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,956 Members 49,520 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Flashing Orange Light...

Tip us?

crimsonnight
Old
(Last edited by crimsonnight; 20th April 2012 at 04:09 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Flashing Orange Light...

Had about 2% power, had it on charge from the mains (via a blackberry charger) and it suddenly died, now whenever I connect it to the mains or USB port I just get a flashing orange light and can't turn it on - will it eventually turn solid orange? A lot of threads on this for other HTC phones say to remove and reinsert the battery, obviously this isn't an option for the One X so I'm a little worried...

wolfraim
Old
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
i see flashing orange light when i use blackberry charger or any usb wire of a blackberry... when i use a SAMSUNG CHARGER or any other USB CHARGER i got my solid orange light
The Following User Says Thank You to wolfraim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MinecraftZombi.es
Old
Thanks Meter 116
yeah, blackberry chargers tend to be lower current, so are no good if they battery is real dead.

use a proper htc charger and it should come back and go solid.
HTC One 32GB Silver - totally stock (so far...)
S-Off, just because that's how i get them
----------
Previous
Nothing but HTC for the last 10 years....
----------
Released the first ICS ROM for the HTC Sensation XL
----------
'The two most common things in the Universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity. The second of which i have in abundance!'
The Following User Says Thank You to MinecraftZombi.es For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dave Trouser
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonnight View Post
Had about 2% power, had it on charge from the mains (via a blackberry charger) and it suddenly died, now whenever I connect it to the mains or USB port I just get a flashing orange light and can't turn it on - will it eventually turn solid orange? A lot of threads on this for other HTC phones say to remove and reinsert the battery, obviously this isn't an option for the One X so I'm a little worried...
I think it will be ok if you just leave it charging. It sounds like it's protecting the battery from damage until it has a sufficient charge.

Although, on some laptops it is a sign of a dead battery... so I would say give it 30 to 60 mins connected to the charger and see if it fixes itself.

Nexus 5
32GB White
Stock ROM
ROOT
Franco Kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Trouser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

crimsonnight
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Cheers for your time guys, after about an hour of charging via USB I was able to turn it back on (with 2% battery lol) - I'll make sure not to use a BB charger again, need to find an official one with a decent length lead for the office...

OllieArmageddon
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Have this on my sensation a lot, if the battery dies completely the notification light will flash while you charge, this is to basically say its charging, but doesn't have enough charge for a boot, as there is a period during boot where HTC phones don't charge, and boot takes quite a bit of power, leave it 10-15 mins and it will turn on, if it flash orange then green constantly it means its overheating, while over heating you plug it in, it will actually de-charge to save wasted power going round the motherboard allowing the phone to cool down quickly,

Hope I answered your question

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA Premium HD app
Device
-LG Nexus 5: Red 16Gb
-Rom: Yet to be decided
Previous Devices
-HTC Wildfire: Traded in for HTC Sensation
-HTC Sensation: Traded in for HTC One M7
-HTC One M7: Returned as part of a breakup
-Asus Nexus 7: Received as part of a breakup, later sold to fund LG Nexus 5
-HTC Desire: Temp phone after returning the HTC One M7
The Following User Says Thank You to OllieArmageddon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wolfraim
Old
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsonnight View Post
Cheers for your time guys, after about an hour of charging via USB I was able to turn it back on (with 2% battery lol) - I'll make sure not to use a BB charger again, need to find an official one with a decent length lead for the office...
or any 5v 1a charger !

athenodorus
Old
Thanks Meter 7
yea 1A output charger will give you solid orange light