Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,362 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

DIY GUIDE TO REPLACING THE 19$ BROKEN GLASS on the galaxy note

Tip us?
 
becosemsaida
Old
#21  
becosemsaida's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 297
Join Date: Jul 2008
well i only see that kawgirlval69 is not helping at all..... with all her experience, over 20+ years, she should have a solution or at least help.

i don't post often here but i really like to see some help, afterall this is a forum and people tend to help eachother!!!!

no offence taken for being your next bashing victim........

becosemsaida
Mobile history:Nokia (several) ------- HTC (several) -------- LG P500 (great device) ------ Iphone 3gs ( OS 6.1.3) ------ Samsung galaxy note 16 gb -------- Blackberry Z10

Pc: Acer V3-771G, 17", i5, Windows 7 Pro...

Tablet: Mini Ipad Wi-Fi 16Gb...

For now the perfect combination....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to becosemsaida For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kawgirlval69
Old
#22  
kawgirlval69's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 98
Posts: 393
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by becosemsaida View Post
well i only see that kawgirlval69 is not helping at all..... with all her experience, over 20+ years, she should have a solution or at least help.

i don't post often here but i really like to see some help, afterall this is a forum and people tend to help eachother!!!!

no offence taken for being your next bashing victim........

becosemsaida
not going to bash...

how did i not help? its the least you could do to tell me since you made such a bold statement... ive backed up every statement ive made.. i have said ive tried this type of repair and it is not feasible as any sort of good or even a shaky at best solution... i see that as helping others not waste time and money and to not tear up their phone even more than it already is... ive also said that after spending the type of $$$ we have for these phones that it is ridiculous to not repair it properly or with something feasible... i see that as helping.. but you want a solution...here it is.. the best thing going right now and ill guarantee it will be the only feasible solution because of the design of the lcd/digitizer combo (which many manufacturers are going to). stop being a cheap arse and buy the correct replacement part...bottom line..

you asked and i answered... i wish there was a better solution but with the design..there just is not... if i find one or see one that is..ill back it...

as for the rest of your description of a forum and what it is for... you must not read many of the threads on xda... theres way worse bashing than anything ive said... and again i tell people its nothing personal but they seem to wear their emotions on their sleeve or maybe the truth that their idea is not as good as they think hurts... its not my problem there... i also start out nice when telling someone its not good... only after i have to repeat myself a hundred times over some doofus that doesnt follow forum rules by reading things first before posting, or just cannot comprehend something that is being put pretty much as layman as it can be... again not my fault... take it for what it is and move on...

as for helping lets compare even though i think its a stupid tool but look at my number of posts and yours... now look at the number of thanks... i rest my case

hope that wasnt too harsh for you...

beep beep!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kawgirlval69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
joyern
Old
#23  
joyern's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jul 2011
Default layers between glass and samoled display

i managed to seperate the display from the frame and then removed the glass piece by piece. then i tried to scrape off the adhesive as explained, but the knife scraped off the dark film and the transparent film at the same time. when i put theese two films together i see that it must be polarizing or something.

my display is still in one piece but i assume that it will not work until i replace theese 2 layers.

anyone know what those layers are called? what to look for?
 
kawgirlval69
Old
#24  
kawgirlval69's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 98
Posts: 393
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyern View Post
i managed to seperate the display from the frame and then removed the glass piece by piece. then i tried to scrape off the adhesive as explained, but the knife scraped off the dark film and the transparent film at the same time. when i put theese two films together i see that it must be polarizing or something.

my display is still in one piece but i assume that it will not work until i replace theese 2 layers.

anyone know what those layers are called? what to look for?
im just guessing what you are talking about, but if it is what i think it is you might as well just buy a full unit because i believe you separated the lcd film layers, and if that is the case there is nothing you can do.

a pic would help identify but the "film" layers are the only thing close to what youre describing... and that cant be put back on..
 
becosemsaida
Old
(Last edited by becosemsaida; 8th May 2012 at 06:32 PM.) Reason: End of story and off topic....
#25  
becosemsaida's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 39
Posts: 297
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgirlval69 View Post
not going to bash...

how did i not help? its the least you could do to tell me since you made such a bold statement... ive backed up every statement ive made.. i have said ive tried this type of repair and it is not feasible as any sort of good or even a shaky at best solution... i see that as helping others not waste time and money and to not tear up their phone even more than it already is... ive also said that after spending the type of $$$ we have for these phones that it is ridiculous to not repair it properly or with something feasible... i see that as helping.. but you want a solution...here it is.. the best thing going right now and ill guarantee it will be the only feasible solution because of the design of the lcd/digitizer combo (which many manufacturers are going to). stop being a cheap arse and buy the correct replacement part...bottom line..

you asked and i answered... i wish there was a better solution but with the design..there just is not... if i find one or see one that is..ill back it...

as for the rest of your description of a forum and what it is for... you must not read many of the threads on xda... theres way worse bashing than anything ive said... and again i tell people its nothing personal but they seem to wear their emotions on their sleeve or maybe the truth that their idea is not as good as they think hurts... its not my problem there... i also start out nice when telling someone its not good... only after i have to repeat myself a hundred times over some doofus that doesnt follow forum rules by reading things first before posting, or just cannot comprehend something that is being put pretty much as layman as it can be... again not my fault... take it for what it is and move on...

as for helping lets compare even though i think its a stupid tool but look at my number of posts and yours... now look at the number of thanks... i rest my case

hope that wasnt too harsh for you...

beep beep!
LOL not too harsh.... with posts and thanks you're right. But let me explain if you don't mind ofcourse.

Because of my work i haven't been here for about two years (BEEP). I've had an Iphone for the last couple of years (BEEP, BEEP) it was the wrong choise but the only option available then. I recently bought a note (LOL) and the first site i came was this one. (BEEEP)

About people helping (yes, i remember this was a site that helped people) maybe you're right maybe not. As for the things that "are impossible" today somebody is going to get a way to do it sooner or later. Remember people saying that it wasn't possible to make roms in android??? After a little while there are a lot of developers (some ok, others not. You must agree on that) and roms are like mushrooms........

I was not questioning you're experience nor your knowledge on this topic.. I have the most respect for people who know more then i and from those we have to learn. For me NOTHING is impossible since "gadgets" are made out of pieces and someday someone is going to be able to dismount them.... Mounting them is another story..............

beco

P.S: As for the roadrunner stories: good old times.... BEEP, BEEP
P.P.S: No need for further replies since you already gave us a glimpse of how you treat people that doesn't agree with you..... For me you're just another person who posts here contributing with trash.....
Mobile history:Nokia (several) ------- HTC (several) -------- LG P500 (great device) ------ Iphone 3gs ( OS 6.1.3) ------ Samsung galaxy note 16 gb -------- Blackberry Z10

Pc: Acer V3-771G, 17", i5, Windows 7 Pro...

Tablet: Mini Ipad Wi-Fi 16Gb...

For now the perfect combination....
 
joyern
Old
#26  
joyern's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jul 2011
Default fotos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgirlval69 View Post
im just guessing what you are talking about, but if it is what i think it is you might as well just buy a full unit because i believe you separated the lcd film layers, and if that is the case there is nothing you can do.

a pic would help identify but the "film" layers are the only thing close to what youre describing... and that cant be put back on..



it was removed in this order: the outer glass, adhesive, dark film, transparent film, the glass display. when holding the dark film above the transparent, the transparent becomes black.


i dont have permissions to link outside links yet so you have to copy the picture adress.





Jone
 
kawgirlval69
Old
#27  
kawgirlval69's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 98
Posts: 393
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyern View Post
it was removed in this order: the outer glass, adhesive, dark film, transparent film, the glass display. when holding the dark film above the transparent, the transparent becomes black.


i dont have permissions to link outside links yet so you have to copy the picture adress.





Jone
yeah you hit the lcd... sorry but its a new unit...

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by becosemsaida View Post
LOL not too harsh.... with posts and thanks you're right. But let me explain if you don't mind ofcourse.

Because of my work i haven't been here for about two years (BEEP). I've had an Iphone for the last couple of years (BEEP, BEEP) it was the wrong choise but the only option available then. I recently bought a note (LOL) and the first site i came was this one. (BEEEP)

About people helping (yes, i remember this was a site that helped people) maybe you're right maybe not. As for the things that "are impossible" today somebody is going to get a way to do it sooner or later. Remember people saying that it wasn't possible to make roms in android??? After a little while there are a lot of developers (some ok, others not. You must agree on that) and roms are like mushrooms........

I was not questioning you're experience nor your knowledge on this topic.. I have the most respect for people who know more then i and from those we have to learn. For me NOTHING is impossible since "gadgets" are made out of pieces and someday someone is going to be able to dismount them.... Mounting them is another story..............

beco

P.S: As for the roadrunner stories: good old times.... BEEP, BEEP
P.P.S: No need for further replies since you already gave us a glimpse of how you treat people that doesn't agree with you..... For me you're just another person who posts here contributing with trash.....
thanks for the info... still one thing you never hit on was the accusation that i dont help as in how..... oh well it is what it is... im good with myself and my abilities...

as for your theory on it will happen...not in all cases... this is not software.. its hardware and hardware is not always the easiest to manipulate.. this is one of them... this is as layman as i can get so i hope you dont find it to be another reason to feel i am attacking you because im not... im explaining it one last time for the technically challenged... THE DIGITIZER FILM NEEDS TO BE PRECISELY PLACED ON THE GLASS TO WORK PROPERLY... IT ALSO NEEDS TO BE FULLY ADHERED TO THE GLASS TO WORK PROPERLY... IF NOT YOU WILL HAVE THE TOUCH BEING OFF THE MARK AND SPOTS THAT WILL BE SENSITIVE AND SOME THAT ARE NOT AND SOME THAT WILL BE UNRESPONSIVE... HENCE ALL OF THAT GOO THAT IS BEING SCRAPED OFF HAD A PURPOSE... UNLESS YOU HAVE THE MACHINE THAT PLACES, PRESSES , AND HEATS THE FILM TO THE GLASS IT IS GOING TO BE A VERY PITIFUL SOLUTION AT BEST EVER... NOW IF YOU HAVE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO BUY THE MACHINE..THEN THIS WILL BE SOMETHING THAT WILL BE A VERY GOOD OPTION.. TILL THEN ITS A WHITE TRASH REPAIR...

since you seem to need some tissue still ill explain one thing since its the last thing as you said... im not attacking anyone and its not an agreement thing.. i could care less if you go and do this or anyone else for that matter... but im not going to sit here and let anyone spread word that is total bs and especially when i can prove it with facts and just not an opinion... see theres where we differ... i back things i say up with facts...you just have an opinion and when its proven wrong with FACTS you cry that youre being attacked... get over yourself...

fyi since you see me as trash ill promise you that im the smartest piece of trash you will ever meet... i grew up in west virginia so i guess trash is in my blood... yeee hawww... now if you uns will scuze me i needs to go sleeps wif my sister...
The Following User Says Thank You to kawgirlval69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
guitarplayerone
Old
#28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 297
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgirlval69 View Post
NOW IF YOU HAVE HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO BUY THE MACHINE..THEN THIS WILL BE SOMETHING THAT WILL BE A VERY GOOD OPTION.. TILL THEN ITS A WHITE TRASH REPAIR...
See, just like in the other thread I think it's really you who doesn't really get it. If you really do have a degree in science, you will know that it is through experimentation that we find the truth, in this case how to best do a cheap DIY screen repair.

You're the kind of person who hates on someone like Kary Mullis, but will never contribute something of that magnitude to the world in their lifetime.
 
kawgirlval69
Old
(Last edited by kawgirlval69; 9th May 2012 at 05:42 AM.)
#29  
kawgirlval69's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 98
Posts: 393
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarplayerone View Post
See, just like in the other thread I think it's really you who doesn't really get it. If you really do have a degree in science, you will know that it is through experimentation that we find the truth, in this case how to best do a cheap DIY screen repair.

You're the kind of person who hates on someone like Kary Mullis, but will never contribute something of that magnitude to the world in their lifetime.
then make it work and prove me wrong..... till then.... btw if you would read through the posts i never said i was against diy.. hell i tried it.. i wish it were feasable but it just isnt just like the first iphone.. and that one was tried to death and it never was anything but a really crappy repair that never worked or looked as planned...

from what im seeing is someone else wanting to gripe but not put forth the effort to solve it... trust me i get it... but again if i dont PLEASE ANYONE PROVE ME WRONG... I HONESTLY HOPE I AM..... TILL THEN DONT MAKE IT SEEM LIKE A PORSCHE WHEN ITS A FREAKING JUNKED OUT YUGO..

i get hammered for being the bad person for being honest and trying to save people disaster.... this is also why so many of the good devs just went away...people bitching about things they dont have a clue about...

and one more time instead of bitching and whining... PROVE ME WRONG...

and for the totally out of touch this is where i get white trash repair.. http://whitetrashrepairs.com/
 
xxBrun0xx
Old
#30  
xxBrun0xx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 223
Posts: 1,189
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Watertown, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgirlval69 View Post
i mean exactly what i wrote... as per your idea... this wasnt one that would work... my god man do i have to spell everything out for you???

obviously you dont know how a digitizer is made or you wouldnt have spouted the crap you have... bottom line

the girl part..well some dont think women know anything..its a culture thing.. but as for you not knowing if my particular field in the industry was related to repairs my god ive only said it multiple times in multiple posts... but since you dont like to read i'll say it again..20+ years board level factory trained.. motorola, audiovox, nokia, samsung... and this is a samsung forum so i think i have my tech qualifications covered here... again READING IS GOOD... work on that...

again you just dont read or have horrible comprehension because i never said the notes screen wasnt gorilla glass i said the $19 one wasnt... seriously every time you type something you dig yourself a deeper hole...

your superglue and epoxy blather just shows you dont have a clue and dont read... really they dont have any place in the screen/lcd part of diy.. its just trouble looking for a place to happen... now if the plastic housing needs repaired maybe but still not a top ten choice... if you had a clue you would know the proper adhesive to use... and its easily found... you are just too much...

seriously...just give it a rest... i wasnt bashing on you and have said it ive also said all im trying to do is help people not make a bad decision... and THIS IS A BAD DECISION...

you want me to play nice (which i really am..most other forums here would have totally lowered the boom on you for spouting crap... ive been really nice.. to keep it that way just go post somewhere where you can be productive... here youre not... im sure you have some great ideas but nothing you have said in this thread is remotely good.. sorry but it is what it is...

beep beep
What a bitch. You can help people without being rude.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xxBrun0xx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes