Noob Friendly Installation Guide
First make sure you are rooted and have already installed recovery.
If you haven't check this guide
on how to get up and running.
Okay, from now on I will assume you are rooted and installed recovery, if you encountered problems while rooting or installing recovery head over to the Ace Think Tank thread
to get support from the team, I will probably be there to.
1. First Step is to download a rom, you may choose one from the list in the first post. I plan on making either a color or letter based system to identify them by stock or custom feel later, but till then you will have to pick one on your own.
2. Now you have to transfer the rom from your computer to your phone's sdcard, For the purpose of this guide I recommend to the download folder in your sdcard. If you downloaded the rom from your phone you can skip this step.
3. Step 3 is booting into recovery.
Turn off your phone.
Press the power and volume down button till you boot to a white screen.
This white screen is called the bootloader, use your volume buttons to
navigate to where it says "recovery" and press power to select it.
4. Step 4 is making a backup of your current rom.
Since you are already in recovery you should see a screen with this options, don't worry if It looks different, it has the same functions and you can still follow this guide.
To navigate you must use your volume keys, if it doesn't work then use touch.
Now navigate to backup and restore and select with power key.
From there select backup and confirm.
Wait till its done and you can continue to the next step.
5. You now have a backup and its safe to start the flashing process, first navigate and select wipe data/factory reset. If the option is not available skip to step 5.2 Warning:
this will delete all your application data, however contacts are backup on your google account and pictures and other media are on the sdcard and stay safe.
5.2. If you could complete step 5 skip to step 6, If the wipe data/factory reset option is not available, select wipe / format instead. From there select format all partition (except sd card) and confirm. Warning:
the warning from step 5 still applies here.
6. Now we can do the actual install. Still from recovery select either, apply update from sd card or install from sd card (depends on recovery edition both do the same). Now select choose zip from sd card ( if available, if not just skip that part), now you should be seeing the directory of folders on your sd card.
7. Browse to the directory where you placed the rom, (if you followed the first step go into the download folder). Now select "insert rom name here".zip and wait for the flashing process to finish.
8. Select the reboot now option and you should be setting up your new rom in a few minutes