[KERNEL] Basic with a Twist SGS4G KJ6 1.1.3
Basic with a Twist SGS4G KJ6 Kernel
BML, don't flash if you have partitions converted to MTD.
Use at your own risk, I take no responsibility for anything that may happen to your phone because of this kernel.
This kernel is for those who don't want to be on the very cutting edge (CM7) but rather want stability without sacrificing too many recent features. It is based mostly on Bryan's 0.0.2d commit that supposedly never had problems with silent reboots. I made some changes to the config to bring it even more to the standard Samsung VibrantPlus in terms of hardware settings, but at the same time to optimize it for speed. I will add only tried and true features to this kernel, the ones that other kernel developers have used successfully.
Special thanks to bhundven (Bryan), FBis251, TeamAcid.
- initramfs from TeamAcid, including CWM5, SuperSU, forced ext4, etc.
- Usual CIFS, TUN. I didn't include FUSE, if anybody needs it let me know.
- BLN. Use BLN Control app from market to activate.
- Voodoo Sound so paid app is not needed. Voodoo Sound app from market is required. Once installed, enable Smart Amplifier, it's the best thing you can do to improve music listening experience with our phone.
- jhash3 for faster hash calculations. Used widely across the kernel, especially in networking.
- OC/UV support with extended frequency table. Added 600Mhz, 900Mhz, 1.1Ghz, 1.2 Ghz, 1.3 Ghz, 1.4 Ghz. Use SetCPU or Xan's Voltage Control to enable and control frequency and voltages. Tegrak can be used only with no-OC/UV version.
- ondemandX and smartassV2 governors. One of these should probably be preferred over stock ondemand. Change with SetCPU or similar.
- TinyRCU. More lightweight version, it fits better our single CPU system.
- Swap support, although I don't recommend using it.
- SIO and BFQ I/O schedulers in addition to noop, deadline, and cfq that we already have.
Flash with CWM or SGS Kernel Flasher
. ODIN version is available only for OC/UV kernel.
* OC/UV version is very conservatively undervolted to -25mV. The preset voltages are still higher than on regular I9000, which has the same CPU. I'm running additional -50mV (total -75mV) for all frequencies without issues, but you may have them, every CPU is different!
* It is recommended to create a CWM recovery file before modifying voltages. This option is available in both SetCPU and VoltageControl.
* OC-ing to 1.4 Ghz is not recommended, especially for extended periods of time.
* Voodoo ext4 conversion, or "lagfix", is enabled and forced by default. There is not way and no need to go back to RFS.
CWM 184.108.40.206 (blue) in initramfs
Disabled a little more of Samsung debugging
Minor changes to initramfs voodoo extension scripts
More neutral boot logo
Initramfs script will not force su update
Couple of small changes
Few small changes
Added BFQ and SIO I/O schedulers
Switched to TinyRCU
Added Swap support
Small change to Vibetonz
Some changes to OC/UV
Better BLN fix
Increased write timeout for bad SDHC cards
Added ondemandX and smartassV2 governors
Renamed the title, it's becoming less and less Basic...
Added native OC/UV support
Minor BLN changes
Replaced jhash.h with jhash3 code
Updated initramfs with SuperSU 0.88
Added BLN, first attempt