OP enyahs

21st April 2012, 06:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Warrensburg
Thanks Meter: 20

76 posts
More
First things first.

ALL CREDIT GOES TO Core Memory and his original thread as well as adixtra and Overground for the kdz file:

Core Memory's Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1601918

Hoping this will make it a little easier to find and for some of the people who couldnt get the other instructions to work. This is how i SUCCESSFULLY got the update on my g2x.

I did this running Windows XP on a virtual machine so idk what other system works.

1. Download the KDZ file here http://www.mediafire.com/?obr7717n1ebj2qa Thanks to user "overground".

2. Download this file http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...0&d=1328537753

3. Extract all that to a spot you can remember (For me.. desktop)

4. Open the "B2CAppSetup.exe" file without the phone connected. And click the install Driver button and scroll down to P99DWP (thats what my model was, i guess yours could be different.)

5. Close the "B2CAppSetup.exe"

6. Go to the folder you extracted on the desktop and find "msxml.msi" right click it and Install.

7. After that has successfully installed, In the same directory, Open the "Automatic Offline Procedure.vbs" and follow the prompts and the on screen instructions from there. it will tell you when to plug in the phone and when to enable the "Window Enabler" and everything. MAKE SURE YOU DO WHAT IT SAYS IN THE PROMPTS! Eventually it will say follow the On screen instructions. It will open up a word document for you and you start from #5.

8. Wait for the installer to download and complete the update. When it says it was completed you can click exit and everything. I left mine plugged into the computer until it had rebooted all the way. It does take a couple minutes longer than i expected so dont get impatient.

That should be everything. This is how I successfully got mine working. Here is a ss of the "About Phone" Section afterward

http://i.imgur.com/wtN8N.png

Once again ALL CREDITS go to where they originally deserve to be. I'm just posting this so hopefully more people will be able to update and its a little easier to find than deep into the other thread.

Thanks Core Memory and overground, your the reason I got updated xD

Good luck with the updating and If i left something out or missed something, post it below.

And let me hear about some success or failures. But lets hope for success.
Last edited by enyahs; 21st April 2012 at 07:03 AM.
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to enyahs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 08:03 AM   |  #2  
Flag Racine, WI
Thanks Meter: 553

1,383 posts
More
i cant get the script to run, i get a permission denied error, and im running as admin
21st April 2012, 08:11 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Warrensburg

76 posts
More
I'm assuming your running on windows seven? I ran on XP. Try running it in XP mode maybe. XP worked flawlessly for me.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA
21st April 2012, 08:24 AM   |  #4  
Flag Bronx
Thanks Meter: 320

1,537 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider262

i cant get the script to run, i get a permission denied error, and im running as admin

The way I did it on windows 7 64bits was to right click on cmd.exe and click open as administrator from the menu then cd to the right directory and run the script.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rafase282 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 08:27 AM   |  #5  
Flag Racine, WI

1,383 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enyahs

I'm assuming your running on windows seven? I ran on XP. Try running it in XP mode maybe. XP worked flawlessly for me.

Its win7 home, I can't use XP mode. I've tried everything, I think tomorrow I'm just gonna dig my old XP disc up and make a partition on my computer.

Sent from my A100 using XDA
21st April 2012, 03:07 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 2

45 posts
Worked Perfectly!!! except for one minor thing with the script... it stated that it inserted the local host but unfortunately it didn't post the correct host.... i had to do it manually. by going to c:/windows/system32/drivers/etc and open hosts with notepad and at the bottom delete where it says localhost part on
:1 localhost127.0.0.1 csmg.lgmobile.com
and simply leave it like this:
127.0.0.1 csmg.lgmobile.com
at the bottom of it and save then exit then follow the procedures.
21st April 2012, 04:30 PM   |  #7  
Flag Cataņo
Thanks Meter: 81

150 posts
Donate to Me
More
mine stop responding and close any help?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...101045453.jpg/
Last edited by emacomputer; 21st April 2012 at 04:38 PM.
21st April 2012, 04:56 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Warrensburg

76 posts
More
Another thing I would try is rafases method. I know he has had success and also successfully helped others.
I can add his method for running the script as an alternate for windows 7 users to try.

21st April 2012, 06:15 PM   |  #9  
Flag Racine, WI

1,383 posts
More
tried it from an XP computer today, still didn't work. for some reason running the script fails on me everytime, I've tried it on 3 different computers (2 win7 and an XP). I'm actually trying to downgrade from 21y back to 21e.
21st April 2012, 06:21 PM   |  #10  
OP Member
Flag Warrensburg

76 posts
More
Are all the files extracted to a folder? If you try to run while they are all composed I think it will give you an error as well

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread