Installing the V21Y 2.3.4 Update
First things first.
ALL CREDIT GOES TO Core Memory and his original thread as well as adixtra and Overground for the kdz file:
Core Memory's Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1601918
Hoping this will make it a little easier to find and for some of the people who couldnt get the other instructions to work. This is how i SUCCESSFULLY got the update on my g2x.
I did this running Windows XP on a virtual machine so idk what other system works.
1. Download the KDZ file here http://www.mediafire.com/?obr7717n1ebj2qa Thanks to user "overground".
2. Download this file http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...0&d=1328537753
3. Extract all that to a spot you can remember (For me.. desktop)
4. Open the "B2CAppSetup.exe" file without the phone connected. And click the install Driver button and scroll down to P99DWP (thats what my model was, i guess yours could be different.)
5. Close the "B2CAppSetup.exe"
6. Go to the folder you extracted on the desktop and find "msxml.msi" right click it and Install.
7. After that has successfully installed, In the same directory, Open the "Automatic Offline Procedure.vbs" and follow the prompts and the on screen instructions from there. it will tell you when to plug in the phone and when to enable the "Window Enabler" and everything. MAKE SURE YOU DO WHAT IT SAYS IN THE PROMPTS! Eventually it will say follow the On screen instructions. It will open up a word document for you and you start from #5.
8. Wait for the installer to download and complete the update. When it says it was completed you can click exit and everything. I left mine plugged into the computer until it had rebooted all the way. It does take a couple minutes longer than i expected so dont get impatient.
That should be everything. This is how I successfully got mine working. Here is a ss of the "About Phone" Section afterward
Once again ALL CREDITS go to where they originally deserve to be. I'm just posting this so hopefully more people will be able to update and its a little easier to find than deep into the other thread.
Thanks Core Memory and overground, your the reason I got updated xD
Good luck with the updating and If i left something out or missed something, post it below.
And let me hear about some success or failures. But lets hope for success.