Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,796 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Are there ways to prevent MAO-layer chipping?

Tip us?

Senzune
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Are there ways to prevent MAO-layer chipping?

As everyone is well aware, the One S has chipping issues. The question here is, what can you do to prevent it? The grey one doesn't cut it for me, its' brother One X is too big and pricey. Many probably share this thought, and have been looking at the black One S, only to find out this horrific problem. So, what can one do to prevent it, aside from HTC hopefully improving the coating?

Now there are these nano-coatings defending against dust and scratches, with or without additional help of screen-protectors. There are nano-sprays available to simply spray on the screen for it to form a protective layer. There are also coatings available which are able to protect phones from submersion in water - even though the coating is then extended to the inside hardware, of course. My question, however, is whether such coating can be used to defend the MAO coating on the One S. A few major questions arise here - what coating would work, which one would adhere to the material? What will the feel of the coating on the material be, would you end up with a plastic feeling phone, let alone the look of it? Or would there be a spray which works in small amounts, only providing a very small but effective protecting layer?

kolyan
Old
Thanks Meter 172
I was all hoping for black One S but after this chipping issue and a review on both where editor picked the grey one, now I am glad T-mobile USA is getting it instead of MAO