Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,027 Members 49,145 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[OFF-TOPIC] Important Please Read OP (7/1/13)

Tip us?

olyloh6696
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1547
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaamit View Post
All RCs are getting green.

Just like mods are red.

Dunno what the point is though... there are no administrative privileges that come with it. Purely decorative, I'd say.
Yeah, apart from devhost support, there isn't much...

And of course the RC forum... I wonder if its visible to non-RC members?

Sent from my Desire S using Tapatalk 2
Google Nexus 4 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.4
Advent Tegra Note 7 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.2
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to olyloh6696 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pughie
Old
(Last edited by pughie; 31st August 2012 at 03:16 PM.)
Thanks Meter 141
It's visible only when I use WiFi at platform 9 3/4 at kings cross railway station
The Following User Says Thank You to pughie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shrome99
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1530
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyloh6696 View Post
Congrats! When did you get it?
I spend 95% of my xda'ing on Tapatalk, I'm hardly ever on the desktop site, I never see changes!

Thanks Just got this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaamit View Post
All RCs are getting green.

Just like mods are red.

Dunno what the point is though... there are no administrative privileges that come with it. Purely decorative, I'd say.
Yup, 100% decorative This was PG101's idea (he's like the head of the RCs/RTs). Even recognized themers got a color, blue I guess. Funny how the developers are left out, they do the best work xD
The Following User Says Thank You to shrome99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rain987
Old
Thanks Meter 207
It feels like the people here who tries out a rom(whose ever it might be) are more like critics than users who are testing and helping out.
Phone ~ Desire S / Recovery ~ 4EXT / [s-off 7.00.1002]
Tab ~ A100 / Recovery ~ TWRP / [unlock]

suku_patel_22
Old
Thanks Meter 746
Yeah that's the whole problem....

Tapatalked from Desire S running Androdamus

HTC One(Stock), Nexus 7(AOSPA/Franco), HTC Desire S(Fallout)
Thanks posts clutter, hit the "Thanks" button instead!

olyloh6696
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1547
Hello guys, some help would be appreciated.

I've decided to stick with the DS for another year, (spent phone-cash on a new guitar instead )

I've been looking for the best sim-only plans, and found 3UK to offer me the best deal.

http://m.hotukdeals.com/deals/6-90-e...-three-1298416

However, I noticed in their plan that they strictly said that tethering is not allowed.

I wonder how this works, does it mean that if I enable tethering on my phone , devices cannot connect? Or will I be charged if I enable tethering and connect devices?

Is 3 a recommendable network?

The deal I've found seems to be the cheapest, but I'm wondering what the drawbacks are apart from tethering...

Cheers

Google Nexus 4 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.4
Advent Tegra Note 7 Stock Kit Kat 4.4.2
Ployer Momo20 Quad Stock Jelly Bean 4.2.2
If This Post Has Helped, Press
Thanks!

shrome99
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1530
Yay !!!!!! Another one here for a while Congrats on the new guitar Can't comment on the tethering thing though, clueless about anything related to Mobile Networks
The Following User Says Thank You to shrome99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

slurpdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by olyloh6696 View Post
Hello guys, some help would be appreciated.

I've decided to stick with the DS for another year, (spent phone-cash on a new guitar instead )

I've been looking for the best sim-only plans, and found 3UK to offer me the best deal.

http://m.hotukdeals.com/deals/6-90-e...-three-1298416

However, I noticed in their plan that they strictly said that tethering is not allowed.

I wonder how this works, does it mean that if I enable tethering on my phone , devices cannot connect? Or will I be charged if I enable tethering and connect devices?

Is 3 a recommendable network?

The deal I've found seems to be the cheapest, but I'm wondering what the drawbacks are apart from tethering...

Cheers

In Indonesia 3 is not recommended network, but because 3 is the most phreakable network, there are lot people used it
I am not sure if tether can be blocked on phone, a different story if you connect from a PC using modem, some modem have a program to block it CMIIW

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda app-developers app

The Following User Says Thank You to slurpdroid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xxmorph3u5xx
Old
Thanks Meter 31
I don't think that they can disable tethering on your phone, I'm pretty sure that they can't. Even if you enable it I don't think that they have a way to know. I'm thinking that maybe if you do a lot of traffic they might scrutinise you but if you keep it low (little browsing and small downloads) they can't figure out what you're doing as the phone acts as a router and all ongoing traffic is passed through it..

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda app-developers app
Device: HTC ONE [M7]
History: Bosch COM509, Ericsson T20e, Sony Ericsson T310, Sony Ericsson T610, Nokia 6600, Nokia 6630, Nokia 7710, Nokia N72, Nokia N95, Nokia N97mini, HTC Desire S, HTC One S
The Following User Says Thank You to xxmorph3u5xx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

outsidetown
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Just finished work (I'm an illustrator) for a really cool book - the first of mine that will actually be on shelves! Had to do 46 finished pieces in 3 weeks, my neck and eyes are dead!

Oly, that seems like a good deal! I was on Three years ago and to be honest it was awful, but they seem to have grown and improved. Personally I'm thinking I'll go with giffgaff when my contract's up next year, unless the my DS is dead or something shiny catches my eye.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to outsidetown For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe