Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,807 Members 42,702 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Stock Rom] [ICS 4.0.3] Acer_A100_AV041_1.014.00_COM_GEN1

Tip us?

ZeroNull
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 377
Default [Stock Rom] [ICS 4.0.3] Acer_A100_AV041_1.014.00_COM_GEN1

The decoded official version ICS for A100:
Acer_AV041_A100_1.014.00_WW_GEN1

Rename in update.zip. It is put through official recovery.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ZeroNull For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tdwp16
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Can I flash through clockwork at all?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA

.Gibson.
Old
Thanks Meter 211
I guess I posted in the wrong spot, so I will post it here. Do we know the procedure for keeping the unlocked boot loader and custom recovery?

toyface
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibson.Dubs View Post
I guess I posted in the wrong spot, so I will post it here. Do we know the procedure for keeping the unlocked boot loader and custom recovery?
I haven't tried this as I'm running cm9 atm but, when I upgraded from the 009 to 012 leak I opened up the zip on my Linux box and took out the boot loader.blob file and any mentions of recovery in the zip, rezipped as update.zip and flashed through cwm, keeping my bootloader and cwm intact

Again I haven't tried this as I'm waiting to see if you can flash over the ics leaks/cm9

Sent from my A100 using xda premium

.Gibson.
Old
Thanks Meter 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyface View Post
I haven't tried this as I'm running cm9 atm but, when I upgraded from the 009 to 012 leak I opened up the zip on my Linux box and took out the boot loader.blob file and any mentions of recovery in the zip, rezipped as update.zip and flashed through cwm, keeping my bootloader and cwm intact

Again I haven't tried this as I'm waiting to see if you can flash over the ics leaks/cm9

Sent from my A100 using xda premium
Thanks for the information. I am running CM9 also. I would like to test out the official rom for the touch screen fixes alone. Anyways, I guess we wait until someone tries it or we get the balls to try it ourselves.

lawguy
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I flashed this over the 1.0.12 leak and it is much better. Everything seems to work. The touchscreen is now fixed and random stutters are gone.

Looking in the Device information, this appears to be a release candidate? I see it says "RC3" in one of the image descriptions. Are we sure this is the release version? If not, it seems close enough anyway.

cheeb
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Touch screen seems to be alot better than the leaks...i'm going to test some games out to see if they work..

Memory swap trick works as well...so thats a huge plus...

jakob95
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Was wondering why we didn't get the Acer Ring and face unlock? I thought we will get Acer Ring with the official update.
The Following User Says Thank You to jakob95 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cheeb
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakob95 View Post
Was wondering why we didn't get the Acer Ring and face unlock? I thought we will get Acer Ring with the official update.
I thought so also...i'm sure there will be a way to get the acer ring on this rom...

civato
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 14514

DONATE TO ME
I will ty to fix a rom of this version you can flash with custom cwm and that got the ring.
But only if I find some time.

The Following User Says Thank You to civato For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
a100, ics, stock