[ROOT][UNROOT][CWM] Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102 [GUIDE]
Root Access For Your GT-S6102*
This update.zip & unroot.zip is prepared by me for GT-S6102 ( GALAXY Y DUOS)
For CWM view 2nd post below
Before proceeding... Backup your data or make a nandroid backup using cwm
1. su binary 126.96.36.199
2. Chainsdd Superuser 3.0.7 (41)
3. Busybox 1.19.3.
How To :
1. Download & copy the below attached "update.zip" to the root of your sdcard.
2. Turn off phone.
3. Press & hold (Power + Volume Up + Home) keys & release when sgy duos logo appears.
4. You will be in recovery, select "select update.zip from sdcard".
Remember in recovery touchscreen will not work use volume up down & home keys.
5. Select "update.zip".
Remove Root Access Of Your GT-S6102*
1. Uninstall all [Root] apps.
2. Download "unroot.zip"
3. Do as directed above..
4. This time select unroot.zip
Busybox remover Added
For those who don't know... cwm is the advanced recovery console for your device, using which you can :
1. Nandroid backup & restore.
2. Flash custom rom & other advanced updater-scripts.
3. Partition/Format sdcard.
4. Calibrate battery by wiping battery stats.
5. And more...
1. Click here to download CWM for your device (CWM-6102.zip)
2. Put CWM-6102.zip in your sdcard root
3. Reboot to recovery using 3 button combo (Home Key+Volume Up Key + Power Key)
4. Select update from sdcard
6. Chose the CWM-6102.zip
nice work here... this deserves to belong to the dev section i guess (till we get our own subforum)
are you interested in contacting.the mod to get my and your thread merged?
because i see its pointless to have multiple threads with the same objective....
my thread also contains cwm package....
btw your root package is better.than mine...as it contains latest superuser package and latest su and busybox binaries... so its best we get the threads merged (i have no problems if you want to be op of merged thread)
and should we use the common dev section or this accessory section for duos related developments?
Gestures have become an increasingly important element in smartphone UI … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?