Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,743 Members 42,557 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S-off is Official!!! With Instructions...

Tip us?

tschmid5
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I achieved S-OFF a couple days ago with a small paperclip and some clear scotch tape. It worked after a few tries after placing the controlbear files into my SDK folder with fastboot. During the end of the rebooting process it booted into into Amon Ra where I had to manually reboot the system twice before it finally booted up into CleanROM ICS, where controlbear told me that S-OFF was already established. Although I achieved S-OFF I was never prompted to install their hboot. If anyone else is having or has had this issue, flashing the jb_hboot.zip in fastboot using the instructions in the OP will successfully install their hboot. If you are on GB firmware their hboot is not recommended.... Just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone comes across the same issue or issues I had, as I couldn't find any of the exact issues as I was having when I achieved S-OFF.

mtbhk44
Old
(Last edited by mtbhk44; 24th April 2012 at 07:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Default SD Card?

OK, so I'm S-OFF - everything is dandy. Except one thing. The phone is not reading the SD card. When I went through the process, I used a spare so as not to damage the SD card I use on a daily basis. After the process was completed, I switched SD cards and now have the one I use in the phone...but it's not picking it up. I re-flashed the ROM I was using from scratch, including the GB Firmware patch. Still no dice. Is there a fix for this I'm not seeing?

Edit - I even went so far as to copy some files to the sd card I used to S-OFF and it's not reading that either. So basically, it's not reading any external storage - period.

sindroidx
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbhk44 View Post
OK, so I'm S-OFF - everything is dandy. Except one thing. The phone is not reading the SD card. When I went through the process, I used a spare so as not to damage the SD card I use on a daily basis. After the process was completed, I switched SD cards and now have the one I use in the phone...but it's not picking it up. I re-flashed the ROM I was using from scratch, including the GB Firmware patch. Still no dice. Is there a fix for this I'm not seeing?

Edit - I even went so far as to copy some files to the sd card I used to S-OFF and it's not reading that either. So basically, it's not reading any external storage - period.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1615418

superchaos
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Default Phone is borked for now

I got the Juopunut screen and no further. Can't do anything from here. How do I load the ph98img back on? No recovery, no factory reset, just the Juopunut screen or bootloader screen. Still unlocked and S-on

ssb13
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchaos View Post
I got the Juopunut screen and no further. Can't do anything from here. How do I load the ph98img back on? No recovery, no factory reset, just the Juopunut screen or bootloader screen. Still unlocked and S-on
me too, searching the threads but there is a lot of posts to get through.

maximus20895
Old
Thanks Meter 42
What's so special about their Hboot?

graymonkey44
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 360

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchaos View Post
Can you guys get into the
Bootloader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssb13 View Post
me too, searching the threads but there is a lot of posts to get through.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

maximus20895
Old
Thanks Meter 42
I'm getting this all the time and don't know why..

Waiting device....
(14/45)
Found device... Please wai
Getting into bar.....
Raising Glass
SUCCESS - Taking a sip.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Beer is tasty.
SUCCESS - Buddies and Beer
Checking alcohol level....
Let's take one more......
S-OFF Failed
Errorcode: 66732337
ErrorMsg: Still sober
Quit....
Press ENTER to exit.....

I guess my timing is off???

derek4484
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hag77 View Post
I didn't flash their modified boot til later and it didn't wipe anything.. But my experience seemed to be weird overall as I never lost any data at any part of the process.
That's good to know. I didnt accept the modified HBoot during the S-OFF process and afterwards I was locked. So I just re-flashed the unlock_code.bin to unlock it. But, of course, it did a factory reset so I had to restore a Ti backup. What a pain. I wish I had just flashed the modified HBoot.

I never lost any data from int SD or ext SD card either. If you look carefully as its running, it makes a backup of your SD card and then restores it later on.
CleanROM 4.5 HTC Rezound w/S-OFF

Evo4gLI
Old
Thanks Meter 89
If anyone has tried multiple times, and still can't get it, the problem could be that you're on a highly modded ROM, like RezRom. I was running that, and couldn't get it even after 100 tries. After I relocked, ran an RUU, and installed the stock rooted ROM, I got it on the first try.
T Mobile LG G2 Stock Rooted